Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best ways to annoy enemy faction?

I play a rogue, so obviously I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere in the world there is another person screaming at his screen in frustration when I keep sapping/blind him when he is trying to mount or heartstone. Whats even better is when they unintentionally attack you in a town and get taken down by the guards, while you are running circles around them /laughing. I actually had this paladin tank first trying to outrun the guards in uldum, then after getting netted 10 times he started fighting them which lasted for almost 10 min after which I of course sapped and blinded him a few more times until diminishing returns finally made him immune. I guess bubbleheart never occurred to him.

There has to be more tools and toys that can be used to annoy people, please share!!!
    Last edited by daxia3; 2020-02-02 at 12:28 PM.

Throwing nets to dismount people as often as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn Warmode on and kill quest givers in questing areas. Also you could kill the quest objectives of enemy faction players so they cannot complete quests (if they need to kill 10 bears, you kill all the bears in the zone) and what not.

You are upsetting fellow player playing same game as you do. If that looks fun to you, it certainly doesnt for him. Try working on your empathy.

I doubt it's relevant at this point, but back when the Darkshore world boss was current (and friendly to my faction) I enjoyed luring people to him so he could obliterate them. This is how it usually went: while staying close to the world boss, I dismounted/started attacking people who were searching for a group to kill him, no matter their class or ilvl. The more gullible ones rushed to kill me and thus triggered the world boss. Fun times.

Well, it's a good thing people have video games to release their inner troll nowadays. Beats getting punched in the mouth for annoying people IRL.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    You are upsetting fellow player playing same game as you do. If that looks fun to you, it certainly doesnt for him. Try working on your empathy.
    its called world of WARcraft. war involves sabatoge. griefing the other faction like this, is completely fine as it is in fact a sabatoge of their own progress. is it annoying. yes. does it piss me off when it happens to me? absolutely. do i take a whiney stance about it being part of the game? no, because i understand that there is more to war than just killing each other, and this exemplifies that fact without actually hurting anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    its called world of WARcraft. war involves sabatoge. griefing the other faction like this, is completely fine as it is in fact a sabatoge of their own progress. is it annoying. yes. does it piss me off when it happens to me? absolutely. do i take a whiney stance about it being part of the game? no, because i understand that there is more to war than just killing each other, and this exemplifies that fact without actually hurting anyone.
    Exactly, WARcraft. Not ANNOYcraft.
    Just put yourself in griefed - annoyed player shoes.
    How exactly you understand whats war about? Have you ever been to one?
    Last edited by Monolithi; 2020-02-02 at 04:28 PM.

I'm glad Blizzard offered you a way to vent. Beats picking up the legs of grasshoppers or throwing rocks at cats, I guess.
    Next time you feel like teaching your wife and children who's the boss, please park an enormous mount on top of quest giver instead.

5+ Year Old Account
    Annoy them? I just slaughter them. The best annoyance is death.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best way to annoy the horde is probably to create a Vulpera. They love their new furry friends.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Attack someome who is ready to kill a rare, kill them, then kill the rare after you get the tag.

You should know better than try and argue\debate with people who get their "enjoyment" from causing others annoyance and grief. It's pretty set in their head that what they are doing is how the game is meant to be played. Some folks hide behind the fact it's a War game and we're supposed to annoy the other factions, but I've been in guilds with people who have no issues being annoying and a ass to their fella guildmates

Last thing you want to do is try to appeal to their humanity, as that will just get you called a variety of names like sissy, whiney etc

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You should know better than try and argue\debate with people who get their "enjoyment" from causing others annoyance and grief. It's pretty set in their head that what they are doing is how the game is meant to be played. Some folks hide behind the fact it's a War game and we're supposed to annoy the other factions, but I've been in guilds with people who have no issues being annoying and a ass to their fella guildmates

Last thing you want to do is try to appeal to their humanity, as that will just get you called a variety of names like sissy, whiney etc
    Yes, you are right. But, cant help it sometimes...

Dunno if its still up to date,

The ring/aren in Gadgetstand Tanaris, just stand in front of the panel that gives the quest while in stealth , when the innoncent player click for the quest , he's going to auto attack you, then the guards are going to kill him

Yesterday, I was killing the mini-boss after the Uldum assault in warmode. I got him to about 10% by myself when a wave of alliance wiped me out and stole my kill. I could say I was fairly annoyed.

Guardian druid in flight form. See enemy faction using a hearthstone/teleport in the middle of a neutral town (i.e. Ramkahen), fly down so you're just above them, use incap roar, fly back up to get guards off you.

Obviously not because the only war OP knows is the one in video games. In the real world, annoying your enemy is a sign of disrespect, which means when you get caught, killing you will be the last thing they do to make you pay, but you'll be begging for death.

I mean I don't intentionally grief people for no reason but i find it funny occasionally sapping people and watching them freak out/spam aoes after.

Quote Originally Posted by daxia3 View Post
    I play a rogue, so obviously I love the feeling of knowing that somewhere in the world there is another person screaming at his screen in frustration when I keep sapping/blind him when he is trying to mount or heartstone. Whats even better is when they unintentionally attack you in a town and get taken down by the guards, while you are running circles around them /laughing. I actually had this paladin tank first trying to outrun the guards in uldum, then after getting netted 10 times he started fighting them which lasted for almost 10 min after which I of course sapped and blinded him a few more times until diminishing returns finally made him immune. I guess bubbleheart never occurred to him.

There has to be more tools and toys that can be used to annoy people, please share!!!
    I literally came in here to say "play a Rogue, and just Sap them once" until. I read that you are in fact a rogue, haha. The paranoia will eat away at them as they're constantly on high alert that a Rogue will jump them at any second, but you're already on another continent XD

There's also, like you said, the famous 14s Sap+8s Blind. If you wanna be super extra, you can also go for the additional 4s Cheap+4s Gouge then Vanish, for a total of 30s of CC time.

That said, I don't do it often. I'm a very passive-aggressive player when it comes to WM (I just leave it on for the bonus 10% rewards). I'm docile unless intentionally attacked, then I drop everything I'm doing, pop all cooldowns, and burn down a bitch.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.