Poll: Do You Want New M+ Affixes in Shadowlands?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Do You Want New M+ Affixes in Shadowlands?

I certainly do.

For me personally, M+ has been a great breath of fresh air for the game. I did M+ non-stop in Legion and continue to do so in BfA. I imagine Shadowlands will be equally if not more fun in M+ but I was wondering if Blizzard will ever add new affixes.

The seasonal affixes at level 10 and beyond are cool and all. I'd still like to see new ones in rotation as for 2 - 9 keys.

What would you all like to see as new affixes? How about current affixes being revamped/redone?

I want tyranical and fortified gone. It doesn't add anything to the fights except tedium. Add affixes that actively change the way you play, Not silly hp sponge mechanics that makes you just fight the mobs for a lot longer. its just not fun
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2020-02-02 at 05:01 PM.

Get rid of all affixes that force you into small pulls, because that's boring.

The new affix is a rare awesome example of something that changes up the play without being stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I want tyranical and fortified gone. It doesn't add anything to the fights except tedium. Add affixes that actively change the way you play, Not silly hp sponge mechanics and that makes you just fight the mobs for a lot longer. its just not fun

I have to agree with Fortified. I don't mind so much Tyrannical as sometimes it changes the way you begin a boss fight with using cooldowns and such.

But yes, death to Fortified.

I want tyranical and fortified gone. It doesn't add anything to the fights except tedium. Add affixes that actively change the way you play, Not silly hp sponge mechanics and that makes you just fight the mobs for a lot longer. its just not fun
    I have to agree, plus they're unbalancable, in a general sense Tyranical will always be preferred to fortified (yes, there is a couple of horrid Tyranical dungeons, but fortified is always annoying)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dien-Ap-Sten View Post
    I have to agree with Fortified. I don't mind so much Tyrannical as sometimes it changes the way you begin a boss fight with using cooldowns and such.

But yes, death to Fortified.
    They could just rebalance around not having them. Bosses should mean a lot more then they do on fortified weeks. Trash is the boring part. MDI has basically killed M+ for me, legion was a lot more fun.

The fun of dungeons isn't strategic trash pulls its challenging boss fights. Legion M+ was more fun because they weren't trying to force something into an esport by making super tedious trash packs like they did this expansion. So anything they do to make it more like legion and less like bfa is good imo.

I want tyranical and fortified gone. It doesn't add anything to the fights except tedium. Add affixes that actively change the way you play, Not silly hp sponge mechanics that makes you just fight the mobs for a lot longer. its just not fun
    I'd definitely like to see fortified gone, or at least all of its punishing synergies. I feel like the affixes that make the trash the hardest part of the dungeon really mess with the pacing of the experience. Trash is supposed to be the bread and butter of the dungeon -- not too intense, but dangerous if you get careless -- while bosses are supposed to be the exciting difficulty spikes that punctuate the run, culminating in a dramtic climax at the end. When the entire run feels like one big boss encounter (or worse, when the bosses are actually the relaxing parts), it creates this weirdly lopsided engagement curve. I like my bosses hard and intense, and my trash steady and straightforward. Too often than not it's the other way around with mythic+, although admittedly a lot of this has to do with the dungeon design in BfA rather than the affixes themselves.
    Last edited by Wondercrab; 2020-02-02 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    i'd love to see legion, bfa and shadowlands dungeons into one big m+ parade with same ilvl drops that scale = pure fun <3

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I have to agree, plus they're unbalancable, in a general sense Tyranical will always be preferred to fortified (yes, there is a couple of horrid Tyranical dungeons, but fortified is always annoying)

- - - Updated - - -

They could just rebalance around not having them. Bosses should mean a lot more then they do on fortified weeks. Trash is the boring part. MDI has basically killed M+ for me, legion was a lot more fun.
    You do know legion had the MDI as well, right?

I definitely want them to continue with seasonal affixes, but some new permanent ones would be cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You do know legion had the MDI as well, right?
    Yes, but them blasting down trash was "boring to viewers" so they made trash into what it is in BfA and it's annoying

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even like the current affixes.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

I'd like a general pass where maybe some get cut and/or modified and some new ones added.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't even like the current affixes.
    I'd hate to be a healer under most affixes... they're particularly "fuck you healer!".

Off topic... I tried to check out your game lol, it won't load google play games for some reason when every other game does >.< looked kind of interesting too which is what sucked about it.

no, I do not want new affixes. I do not like myths + nor do I like diablo's challenge failures. 3. What they have to do is create many more dungeons so that they do not find themselves repeating them again and again.

since they take things from diablo3, I think they should copy the demon hunter from d3 and make a spec to the demon hunter of wow, so that I can use a bow, it would be something that I would like, the lore can always be improved. In fact, Illidan had a bow, "the traitor's black bow",and he had 2 dages too(azzinoth fragment)...so a dage specc would be viable.

What I would really like is Mythic being extremely hard but have no timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dien-Ap-Sten View Post
    I certainly do.

For me personally, M+ has been a great breath of fresh air for the game. I did M+ non-stop in Legion and continue to do so in BfA. I imagine Shadowlands will be equally if not more fun in M+ but I was wondering if Blizzard will ever add new affixes.

The seasonal affixes at level 10 and beyond are cool and all. I'd still like to see new ones in rotation as for 2 - 9 keys.

What would you all like to see as new affixes? How about current affixes being revamped/redone?
    i think they could add seasonal affixes from bfa to regular rotation in shadowlands, especialy i wanna see reaping

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    What I would really like is Mythic being extremely hard but have no timers.
    thats called mythic raiding

Remove Fortified, Tyrannical, Bolstering and Bursting. Add a new tier of "fun" affixes to replace Tyrannical and Fortified. Things like Trash mobs exploding into 2-3 weak bugs or giving trash a new spell that occasionally needs to be interupted.

Then add more seasonal affixes, seeing as they were some of the most fun with M+ this expansion. Especially the Season 2 one with all the trash mobs.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

i really love the current one, it lets you actually play effectively without requiring 2 rogues like it use to, would be nice if they added a skip mechanic every affix of somesort, for example what if because of the lore they said you dont die-die in shadowlans because your heart of azeroth, what if you die you can move around as a wraith and use your heart to ressurect at any spot you want with some sort of penalty instead of releasing
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-02-04 at 12:32 PM.