10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity

Unhappy WoW with rules against boosting?

Guys i would like to know if anyone would be interested in servers, where boosting would be prohibited (also gold selling).

Because honestly, i'm feelin sick playin in an eviroment where 80% of my party members are boosted and never learned how to carry t hings on their own.

I can't discuss with them in my keys, it makes them leave, when these people "think" they cannot get in time, they simply leave, because they don'T care and they never will. I love the m+ system and i really enjoy personal loot, but gold seller/booster are my main problem and a huge anti fun fiesta.

Surely i can see that not only gold sellers are the problem, blizzard is. They "design" people to do so. They want players to do it, because it generates more subs for them and perhaps highers the value of wow.

I farm everything on my own and i would never sell my skill for gold. For me this is unacceptable. What are your thoughts? would you like to see an Enviroment with only farmer and progresser? Where people help for the will of helping?
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-02-03 at 05:23 AM.

There were people who had no clue what they were doing long before boosting popped up, and there will always be. Leveling does not teach you how to play the game at max level, they just don't want to put in the effort to learn.

The only way to stop gold sellers is to stop people from being able to trade anything. That will never happen.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Might as well ban players from playing with each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    There were people who had no clue what they were doing long before boosting popped up, and there will always be. Leveling does not teach you how to play the game at max level, they just don't want to put in the effort to learn.

The only way to stop gold sellers is to stop people from being able to trade anything. That will never happen.
    Yes that is true. Maybe it is time for me to move to RP server. They have stricter rules

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaarm View Post
    Might as well ban players from playing with each other.
    There we have one of these persons thinking buying things from another is playing the game. Poor lost child

How would you know if a person was boosted or not?

People buy boosts from websites, trade chat is a very small part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post

Not that I want to support this thread, but in fairness you can tell if someone's boosted by checking their achievements.

If they got all the leveling achievements on the same day...

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Not that I want to support this thread, but in fairness you can tell if someone's boosted by checking their achievements.

If they got all the leveling achievements on the same day...
    He's not talking about the level boost but about being boosted in raids/m+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post

Yes very true. This is where blizzard has to help. Let say if they open a server with no booster service. It could appeal to many players. Even to those who were boosted before. Becasue maybe it was just not their time to learn how to carry. Those were born into a system that lived off the less experienced. But i am sure, if blizzard would want to do it, they would and they could. To satisfy those who like to pay, i would recommend to patch that "booost freeserver" on one version pre retail. Meaning blizz and the playerbase can still sell progress for gold. I would not mind playing a patch behind, but with no boosting. (I am sure there are better ideas, but i can't think of one atm)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    yes i was talking about raid n m+ booster. sorry for the confusin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    There we have one of these persons thinking buying things from another is playing the game. Poor lost child
    Factually, it is. Your need to talk down to him despite you being wrong is strange, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Factually, it is. Your need to talk down to him despite you being wrong is strange, however.
    It was just the perfect example. I get that there are milions ways of playing wow. But Buying things for progress... noughsaid =) xoxo guys going for m+ now.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    What, you mean like paying people to run you through stuff for gear?

I used to love that back in WotLK. I never needed the gear so I just got a bunch of gold for healing easy raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Well there's only one cure for that - stop playing in that kind of environment?
    Join a team or start your own team.
    Stop playing in that kind of enviroment?? have you even thought about what you said there?

I use my own keys, form groups with random ppl from whome i believe they are good enough for a decent push.

Using raiderio is a good indicator.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2020-02-02 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    I run keys with my M+ team. Never had problems like you're having. Ez life.
    Plenty of teams looking for members.

But if you want to run with randos, you run with randos. RIO or not. Have fun.
    i guess so...

The thing is that its practically unenforceable, and gear rarely has a link to skill, and in many cases even a decent RIO score may not mean much.

What if I'm taking my friend along because I like him, he never pays any gold, and he is sort-of ok'ish but not quite good enough for what we take him? He isn't a huge burden on us, and we have fun, but alone he would never manage these levels of play. Strictly, he is being boosted, and if he ends up in a random group, people will expect more from him then he is capable of.

So can groups only be made up of people of equal skill so that noone gets a higher standing then they "deserve"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys i would like to know if anyone would be interested in servers, where boosting would be prohibited (also gold selling).

Because honestly, i'm feelin sick playin in an eviroment where 80% of my party members are boosted and never learned how to carry t hings on their own.

I can't argue with them in my keys, it makes them leave, when these people "think" they cannot get in time, they simply leave, because they don'T care and they never will. I love the m+ system and i really enjoy personal loot, but gold seller/booster are my main problem and a huge anti fun fiesta.

Surely i can see that not only gold sellers are the problem, blizzard is. They "design" people to do so. They want players to do it, because it generates more subs for them and perhaps highers the value of wow.

I farm everything on my own and i would never sell my skill for gold. For me this is unacceptable. What are your thoughts? would you like to see an Enviroment with only farmer and progresser? Where people help for the will of helping?
    "Should blizzard make a special server for me so I don't have to play with people I don't approve of anymore?"

No, they shouldn't. And they won't. Maybe MMOs aren't for you?

Define boosting. If a player in your dungeon does 2k DPS less than you did you boost them? If his ilvl is lower did you boost him? If the raid leader is the only one who really understands the tactics in a normal guild is he boosting them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I can't argue with them in my keys, it makes them leave
    Try discuss with them ?

And just becouse they have leveled to max level doesnt automatically mean they know how to play.