Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Is it wrong to ponder this coronavirus hitting congress?
    It's made the jump to humans, can a virus be transmitted to a third species?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey Zan, didn't AT&T also cut thousands of jobs at the same time? And also, how do you feel about leading questions?
    too smexy!
    Don't worry those 50,000 softbank/sprint jobs promised will make up for it!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    They get the best healthcare in the country, if not world. Doubt it'll do much.
    they do?

hmmm. They get their healthcare from the same people we do.

I think you are confusing the president and congress. And even the president gets his care from VA/Public facilities.

Congress gets their health insurance from ACA from which most of them get coverage from BCBS as they have the lion share of Federal employee business.
    Their "employer (taxpayers)" pick up about 72-74% of the expense and the individual pays premiums around 24-26%.

Self rate is around 110 per paycheck, family 287

They have deductibles/copay's.

25-35 for docs
    15% for major service
    15/90/125 dollar mail order drug copay
    7.50/30%/50% retail drug copay

etc etc

all about normal for benefits compared to the private sector.
    a little more generous than average when it comes to who pays what part of the premium
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    too smexy!

- - - Updated - - -

they do?

I think you are confusing the president and congress. And even the president gets his care from VA/Public facilities.

Congress gets their health insurance from ACA from which most of them get coverage from BCBS as they have the lion share of Federal employee business.
    Their "employer (taxpayers)" pick up about 72-74% of the expense and the individual pays premiums around 24-26%.

25-35 for docs
    15% for major service

etc etc

a little more generous than average when it comes to who pays what part of the premium
    You think BCBS would not cover any form of treatment to the people who could pass laws beastfucking their livelihood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You think BCBS would not cover any form of treatment to the people who could pass laws beastfucking their livelihood?
    Their benefits are no different than the other million govt employees on the same plans.

Giving extra benefits to individuals that are not covered under the plan would be a violation of IRS regulations on top of possible violation of laws governing gifts to elected officials.
    With that their are independent ethics and audit groups on both the insurance side and govt side that would most likely catch this and create more of a "beast fuck" on the company then denying something that is not covered under the plan for a member of congress.

On top of that most likely the people processing, approving and manging these accounts are not even from the same locality as the "people who could beastfuck" them. I would also gander, based on studies, that most of these people could not even identify a member of congress outside of their state and/or district.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

you guys heard of these "never-bernie" people threatening to vote trump?

might be a good sign for those who wish to vote for bernie. maybe anyway. not sure anymore. don't think trump will win next time around, but i'd be surprised if bernie does. shame he's taken to shifting his policies like every other politician.

How has Bernie Sanders shifted his policies? He has seemed pretty consistent throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    How has Bernie Sanders shifted his policies? He has seemed pretty consistent throughout the years.
    gone further into basically "no borders" territory, too far into gun stuff. he pretty much showed how weak his character is back in 2016 even, when those women stormed the stage.

there's no candidate for me out there. tulsi was alrightish, but they really railroaded her immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I've no idea what it is that makes people like Trump. Took less than a minute to conclude that he is fucking dumb, when I first learned of his existence, in 2015-2016. Is it really that brashness/crudeness that people identify with? Is that what passes for charisma? I was so certain he would lose, and lose badly. Boy, was I in for a surprise, when he became the president.

I don't really know if he is a master of anything. It really feels like blind luck, that he has gotten as far as he has. That, rich parents and a MASSIVE ego.
    You don't become POTUS because of blind luck. He is an assertive character and it resonates with much more people than you are willing to believe.

In my opinion, if Dems want to win, they need to start taking his assertiveness seriously, lest it will be another 2016 where everyone and their mothers were laughing him off all the way to the end and ended up being dumbstruck the last moment.

He is fully capable of amassing the necessary emotional support to win the thing, he knows how to whip unwashed masses into doing what he wants. It's not just some dumb luck there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You don't become POTUS because of blind luck. He is an assertive character and it resonates with much more people than you are willing to believe.

In my opinion, if Dems want to win, they need to start taking his assertiveness seriously, lest it will be another 2016 where everyone and their mothers were laughing him off all the way to the end and ended up being dumbstruck the last moment.

He is fully capable of amassing the necessary emotional support to win the thing, he knows how to whip unwashed masses into doing what he wants. It's not just some dumb luck there.
    I left one option out.

Americans are just that fucking stupid.

There is no way such a bumbling fool resonates with anyone but with other fools. Well, I guess there is also the real likelihood that people are voting like they would support their favorite sports team. Which also happens to be really stupid.

I initially left that option out, because it makes me feel better. I thought US was better than this. Much better. The disillusionment that followed was... enlightening.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    gone further into basically "no borders" territory, too far into gun stuff. he pretty much showed how weak his character is back in 2016 even, when those women stormed the stage.

there's no candidate for me out there. tulsi was alrightish, but they really railroaded her immediately.
    Tulsi loves the fascists of India, you always move to India.

you guys heard of these "never-bernie" people threatening to vote trump?
    You mean Trump supporters?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    That question shouldn't even need answering though because it implies that someone needs to lock in their policy position while they're young and then never change it. Which is insane. If anything we should be wary of someone who is dogmatic and never changes their mind on anything.

A candidate should be judged based on the merit of their policy ideas in the present IMO.

Tulsi is a DINO as you guys like to call Republicans who don't tow the party line. But she is basically a Fox news commentator parading as a congressman for now. She isn't even liked in her own district, which is why she isn't seeking re-election.

And no, none of those positions are Bernie's positions. But hey, making shit up is your strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Meh, Bernie voted against background checks at one point so they think his stance now is somehow inconsistent with that. The "no borders" stuff is pure fiction though.
    Yeah, I don't think there is ANYONE in government or candidates, that is advocating anything with the border as far as an open borders bullshit that Republicans like derpkitteh keeps saying.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So Lev Parnas just released a whole-ass, hour and a half recording of a Trump Dinner. Haven't had time to filter through a bunch of rich assholes jacking themselves off, but if anyone wants to sit through it be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    too smexy!

- - - Updated - - -

they do?

25-35 for docs
    15% for major service

etc etc

Hey your in luck as I just took these pictures a few days ago because I wanted to show a friend the new "slim style" plan that was brought about the idea in "Trumpcare" where you don't expect to use it much but has a much higher deductible (the Focus plan)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    So Lev Parnas just released a whole-ass, hour and a half recording of a Trump Dinner. Haven't had time to filter through a bunch of rich assholes jacking themselves off, but if anyone wants to sit through it be my guest.
    40 minutes in is pretty good, you can see how a simple suggestion backed by 0 proof is enough to move the president of the United States to make a rash decision about the career of someone he honestly has no clue about just because of his brittle ego. Unfit.

Trump apparently thinks Kansas City is in Kansas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Trump apparently thinks Kansas City is in Kansas.
    Oh, it's far worse than that.

I promised to restore hope in America. That includes the least among us. Together, let’s KEEP AMERICA GREAT!

Text TRUMP to 88022 if you liked our Super Bowl ad!
    Yep. Couldn't send just a congratulatory tweet and end it. Had to make it about himself.

By the way, I did see that ad. He patted himself on the back for criminal justice reform. Now, he's referring to the First Step Act which he did sign. But he didn't write it like he suggested, and it passed with strong bipartisan support. And while he can, in fact, claim "thousands" were freed, the number of thousands was "two" just so we're clear. Oh, and he hired Jeff Sessions who hates weed. Trump is just taking credit for other people's work, as per usual.

In another ad, in which he wasted millions on an ad that aired after the game was over, he boasted about low unemployment...and not much else. Same thing, really. How much did unemployment drop after the tax cut for the rich, again?

EDIT: Wait! I forgot to say "He probably called McConnell to congratulate him". Fuck. Now the moment's ruined.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-02-03 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How much did unemployment drop after the tax cut for the rich, again?
    Unemployment is so low people are able to find two or three jobs simultaneously.

That they still can't afford basic necessities is neither here nor there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.