View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    As far as I am concerned:
    This game didn't need to exist. There is already the original Warcraft 3.
    So anything else should've been a vast improvement, so that's why we can start scoring at 0/10 and not at 10/10 like some shills are trying to.
    If we look at all possible changes they could've done to improve the experience: graphics, sounds, cutscenes, UI, lore, map redesign, balance changes, tweaks to gameplay etc.
    Let's be super generous and give graphics a 3/10 weight as the best possible outcome, cause they sure as hell didn't touch anything else.
    And also let's assume best possible effort with the graphics would give them, and I am being generous here, 4/10 score.
    But... but.. but, that's not the case. All the graphics been outsourced to Malaysia and it shows. Definitely not Blizzard quality, so that's 2/10.
    If we take into account all the backwards steps they made: false advertising, bugs, crashes, removing the old client, EULA changes etc. - Warcraft 3 Reforged in its current state doesn't need to exist. That is why 0/10 score is a fair score for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Compare the Mal'ganis model from HotS to the one from Reforged, the Mal'ganis model looks so much better in the actual game because it's cleaner and simpler.
    the one in reforged is SOOOO much better then in hots.
    This is what the hots one looks like

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    -snip-
    No, that's their Legion skin.

Also, check the ears in the Reforged one.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-02 at 11:47 PM.

Hit on this, but can't verify whether that's actually someone working at lemon sky (the company they outsourced it to).

So yeah, they got experience when it comes to fantasy mobile, but Blizzard themselves approved this.
    https://www.lemonskystudios.com/project-timeline/
    Calling them "Just mobile developers" is very bad of you. as you are trying to make the company seem bad.
    simply passing them off as "Mobile game developers"

lets looks at some of their other games.

And more.
    so yes, passing them off as "just a mobile game developer" is horrible.

also yeah there is no way to verify that is someone that works there, and speaking that they say "we bassicly just do mobile games" when they have done less mobile games then full AAA games, proves they are fake.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that's their Legion skin.

No, its the hots model, the left is SOOOO much better then the right, especially in the face region.
    although actually the armor on the right is also very good, but the resty nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Was the model design outsourced or something? Looks like a pay2win mobile game knock-off
    yes it was outsourced, but they do model work for TONS of games. idk why it would look liek some "pay2win mobile game knock off" cause those can literally have any graphics ever.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-02-03 at 12:20 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i knew reforged would be a clusterfuck when they introduced the two-toed model of trolls knowing they have 3, you guys didn't hear me, made fun of me, you only had to listen

damn those outsourced(?) companies

Weird that there's so many arguments about the models when that's probably the only good part of Reforged. Everything other than the models is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i knew reforged would be a clusterfuck when they introduced the two-toed model of trolls knowing they have 3, you guys didn't hear me, made fun of me, you only had to listen

damn those outsourced(?) companies

Nah, you are the cluster. they did what the model told them to. the trolls of warcraft 3 have 2 toes, they gave them 2 toes, they left it authentic.

https://www.lemonskystudios.com/project-timeline/
    Calling them "Just mobile developers" is very bad of you. as you are trying to make the company seem bad.
    No, i didn't.
    I said they have experience in it, the rest is just you reading more into that, i even explicitly said "Blizzard approved this".
    Reply to what i say, not what you read into it.

No, its the hots model, the left is SOOOO much better then the right, especially in the face region.
    although actually the armor on the right is also very good, but the resty nah.
    You are making the same mistake that the person who i was arguing made.
    Close up views don't matter in RTS, top down view counts.

HotS got constantly shat on for some of their close up style but the models actually looked great in the actual game.
    Being easily able to tell units apart from each other is crucial in Moba / RTS games.

Also: I still suggest you to check the ears on the Reforged model.

No, i didn't.
    I said they have experience in it, the rest is just you reading more into that, i even explicitly said "Blizzard approved this".
    Reply to what i say, not what you read into it.

You are making the same mistake that the person who i was arguing made.
    Close up views don't matter in RTS, top down view counts.

HotS got constantly shat on for some of their close up style but the models actually looked great in the actual game.
    Being easily able to tell units apart from each other is crucial in Moba / RTS games.

Also: I still suggest you to check the ears on the Reforged model.
    yeah the ears on the reforged is great, so much better then the weird handsome bat one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felshill View Post
    Felplague still shilling for Blizzard I see.

Sooner you die of cancer you fuckhead the better. Actually defending an objectively broken product you pathetic fuck.
    oh hey its you again! Welcome back man, cant wait for you to go ahead, just let it all out till you get banned man, just go ahead, i need a good pick me up.

awww gone already, i wanted more funny screenshots...
    oh well. Thanks for the fun, and i presume the mods? Thank whichever of you got to it!
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-02-03 at 12:27 AM.

yeah the ears on the reforged is great, so much better then the weird handsome bat one.
    Too bad, they're not even close to the original art of Mal'ganis or how they were in Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    The 1st bold is where you play yourself because your first post replying to mine is indeed trying to insinuate the old style is superior/the new style is worse.

The 2nd bold is again, something you acknowledge but don't follow yourself. Jumping off of people's posts where they say they like it and using words like "this doesn't matter". You're essentially trying to accuse me of doing what you started.

I think it's weird that someone like me saying it is better is something you felt the need to reply to, if as you say the point is that preferring the new style is fine.

You even continue what you're trying to preach to me right here below.

You're again trying to defend your opinion of a Pit Lord's look against mine and then in the 2nd bold attempting an objective statement "so yeah it's just bad".

If you understand people can have their own opinions, why do you attempt to quote and argue their opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

Watch from 0:32-0:45. Anime jump slash. I think your memory is failing it but that's okay since it is what like 14+ years old.

Real problem is thinking your judgement of how someone else uses their time is meaningful.

What's poorly programmed if I've had no issues playing through the campaign and am enjoying myself and the redesigned looks. I've yet to see a "pixelated cutscene" are you sure you're not referring to the original games?

Man keep it up guys, the bit about being so annoyed and toxic to others who are enjoying themselves is really palpable.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan was also not supposed to appear dead in the original cinematic and the new one fails on that bit too. But I'm not going to go around claiming it's "RUINED completely" as some posts here sound just because of that bit.

And if you like the old one that's cool. Continue enjoying it. I prefer the new, nothing "wrong" or "bad" about that either. Yet these replies tend to be insinuating such without outright saying it, that's silly.

It's just weird that people are trying to make others agree with their opinion. It's like someone who still enjoys knob-style antenna tvs that show black/white that this is much better than a flat screen 4k HD tv of today.
    For me the old one is not better for graphics but is better for a logic combat scene.There is a two hero that face 1vs1 then start the fight, illidan parry the attack of arthas then illidan avoid the frostmourne swing and jump with his wing in air and make the mistake that arthas use to defeat wth the anime jump.

Instead in the new we have a long useless more time with the lose of arthas sword in the begin with slow motion and the time he go with calm to retake, an avoid swing in slow motion with grab the wing for hit illidan then him take away his glaive for become a demon and attack arthas without blade and he smile for defeat illidan.
    All that more combat with slow motion give me 0 pathos and i find more a fiction scene than a fight of two hero, not know if i explain well my point of view

Too bad, they're not even close to the original art of Mal'ganis or how they were in Warcraft 3.

The wow one is the closest, followed by the reforged, then the hots, the hots one has weird tips that curl, and arnt long enough.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-02-03 at 12:32 AM.

The wow one is the closest, followed by the reforged, then the hots, the hots one has weird tips that curl, and arnt long enough.
    Leave it to Felplague to ignore the obvious.
    Check how the ears are pointing away from the head in Reforged, but aren't in any other version.

But yeah, lost cause to argue with you.

yes it was outsourced, but they do model work for TONS of games. idk why it would look liek some "pay2win mobile game knock off" cause those can literally have any graphics ever.
    It gives me some real big Raid Shadow Legends vibes. I wish the remaster was closer to what they did with Starcraft, which was a polish rather than a remodel, because much of the charm from the WC3 models has been removed.

Either way, I got my refund so if they do implement proper bnet functionality like it used to be then I might pick it up again

Leave it to Felplague to ignore the obvious.
    Check how the ears are pointing away from the head in Reforged, but aren't in any other version.

But yeah, lost cause to argue with you.
    Good point on the ear point actually i had not considered that, i figured more on the shape of the actual ear.

- - - Updated - - -

It gives me some real big Raid Shadow Legends vibes. I wish the remaster was closer to what they did with Starcraft, which was a polish rather than a remodel, because much of the charm from the WC3 models has been removed.

Either way, I got my refund so if they do implement proper bnet functionality like it used to be then I might pick it up again
    It gives you raid shadow legends vibes yes... But you could compare ANY game to a mobile game appearance.
    mobile games do not have a "look" well there may be some, like candycrush games.
    but mobile games do not all look like shadowlegends. i coudl compare any game to any game.

My enjoyment isn't in any way diminished by the crazy toxic haters in this thread. Seeing them rage so hard is actually pretty amusing, you can tell that positive comments somehow strike a nerve in some of these posters - which is crazy in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

You're rare then, since people are seemingly offended by me enjoying something over what I perceive as their older, mediocre nostalgia.

Haven't really seen the defending posts, most like I've been saying is people saying something akin to "I like it" then getting multiple replies of essentially "but you shouldn't and here is A-Z explanations of why"

- - - Updated - - -

What a lost cause. I think I'll have korean BBQ later.

(notice the irony)

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not offended, but that you had to call me a slave essentially shows how much you are. The amount of loathing from some of you is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your toxic circlejerks, not gonna respond to Krall or Kray anymore, those guys are straight up lost in their dissatisfaction.
    You claim you haven't seen the defending posts but this thread is littered with them.

Are you just turning a blind eye to support your "toxic circlejerk" argument?

Here is a direct example of someone blindly defending Blizzard. Creating a strawman argument and attempting to compare a CGI cinematic to an in-game cutscene that was REMADE for the purposes of advertising the game both at Blizzcon 2018 and on the fucking page they are selling the game.

It's pathetic. I know you personally aren't doing this. But others are.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52064142

I have 6000+ hours in Dota 2. I played the shit out of the original Dota and other custom games in my childhood. Warcraft 3 has a very special place in my heart. I've been hoping for a Warcraft 4 for years. A revival of the RTS genre. When this was announced my friends and I were beyond hyped.

Try to look at this from our perspective. This "Remake" is a direct downgrade from the original game. To top that off they are directly false advertising the product. They're STILL doing it on the page to buy it even after all this backlash.

You can enjoy it just because you didn't play it back in the day but do NOT try and brush aside valid criticisms on a terrible product and downright disgusting business practice.

- - - Updated - - -

Was the model design outsourced or something? Looks like a pay2win mobile game knock-off
    The model design was outsourced to a Malaysian studio called Lemonsky.

They aren't to blame though. They were given art and direction from Blizzard.

What is hilarious though is that what they delivered us in Reforged is 99% ONLY model updates. It's a bug ridden mess that is missing 99% of the other improvements and features they promised.

So if Lemonsky did the models and that's 99% of the delivered product. What the FUCK did Blizzard actually do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    Weird that there's so many arguments about the models when that's probably the only good part of Reforged. Everything other than the models is the problem.
    This. The models are subjective. You can argue all you want they look "too realistic" or whatever but at least some of them look decent.

The models are 99% of the the "Reforge". They fucked literally everything else up.

Bug ridden mess that is missing almost all the features and improvements they promised and advertised. Besides the models.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    You claim you haven't seen the defending posts but this thread is littered with them.

Are you just turning a blind eye to support your "toxic circlejerk" argument?

Here is a direct example of someone blindly defending Blizzard. Creating a strawman argument and attempting to compare a CGI cinematic to an in-game cutscene that was REMADE for the purposes of advertising the game both at Blizzcon 2018 and on the fucking page they are selling the game.
    My enjoyment isn't in any way diminished by the crazy toxic haters in this thread. Seeing them rage so hard is actually pretty amusing, you can tell that positive comments somehow strike a nerve in some of these posters - which is crazy in itself.

Yeah no demon, you would have to be blind to think that there isnt just TONS of people here to shit on the game, and anyone who disagrees they go straight to being toxic.
    perfect examples below.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    They aren't to blame though. They were given art and direction from Blizzard.

What is hilarious though is that what they delivered us in Reforged is 99% ONLY model updates. It's a bug ridden mess that is missing 99% of the other improvements and features they promised.

So if Lemonsky did the models and that's 99% of the delivered product. What the FUCK did Blizzard actually do?
    What Blizzard actually did was rip out bnet functionality AND broke the classic client so even if you wanted to just play the original release you can't

The backlash might have something to so with the product being garbage and people defending the poor indie company's newest untested cahsgrab despite relevant and valid issues with it. If Blizzard wasn't well up the hill of failure with their past idiotic decisions you can bet people would be a bit less angry and much more lenient.

Yeah no demon, you would have to be blind to think that there isnt just TONS of people here to shit on the game, and anyone who disagrees they go straight to being toxic.
    perfect examples below.
    Why are you sending me pictures of someone abusing you? What in the world does that have to do with anything? Are you trying to lump "us" all together? People who are rightly calling out this product for it's false advertising and lies?

They are FALSELY ADVERTISING a product. You are blindly defending them and creating pathetic strawman arguments to do so. One look at your post history points out that you do this quite regularly.

You are allowed to have a differing opinion on things. You're allowed to enjoy this mediocre product if you want.

What you are not allowed to do is disingenuously defend this corporation for it's wrongdoings. These things are FACTS.

Stop this. Stop doing it and maybe people will stop abusing you. I don't condone that kind of behavior but you cannot claim there isn't a reason you are on the receiving end of it.

You even ran for the hills and stopped replying when you got called out.
    Last edited by DemonDays; 2020-02-03 at 01:45 AM.