Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

WC3:RF Lowest User Rated Game of All Time (Metacritic)

https://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...=desc&page=158

Kind of amazing, honestly. It started off seeming like a cool upgrade to WC3, with updated cinematics, modern graphics, UI upgrades, balance changes etc. that most people were excited for.

It ended up ruining even the old Warcraft 3 by applying all of the system changes to that game as well.

How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?
    Because people are idiots that are used to abuse (you'll get people that'll defend literally every little thing) and are incapable of conviction to not spend on Blizzard games... much like EA, who get away with a ton of scummy business practices, and people still keep buying their games.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think this rating is accurate or fair but I do understand where is this hate and anger coming from. Question is if it changes something. I am afraid Blizzard is beyond redemption...

0.5 is a hilarious score. IMO it's actually more of a 4/10. But I think it's just the hype compared to disappointment, expecting 'Blizzard polish', and the thing that was incredibly scummy = deleting the old game completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Because people are idiots that are used to abuse (you'll get people that'll defend literally every little thing) and are incapable of conviction to not spend on Blizzard games... much like EA, who get away with a ton of scummy business practices, and people still keep buying their games.
    People enjoy different things, I love 8.3 and wow is still the best raiding in mmos

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    0.5 is a hilarious score. IMO it's actually more of a 4/10. But I think it's just the hype compared to disappointment, expecting 'Blizzard polish', and the thing that was incredibly scummy = deleting the old game completely.
    They didn't delete it, just changed it, still works fine for me /shrug

We don't need another thread, this has been mentioned in the megathread a dozen times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    https://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...=desc&page=158

Kind of amazing, honestly. It started off seeming like a cool upgrade to WC3, with updated cinematics, modern graphics, UI upgrades, balance changes etc. that most people were excited for.

It ended up ruining even the old Warcraft 3 by applying all of the system changes to that game as well.

Not amazing at all, I'd like to see the real score, not just the review bombers.

How did it come to this, easy. The Devs deved and the whiners didn't like the devs devving because the whiners think they are better devs than the devs. So they review bombed the game. Folks need to learn to walk away sometimes instead of destroying everything because they dont get their own way.

(not you, cause I dont see you whining).

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Not amazing at all, I'd like to see the real score, not just the review bombers.

How did it come to this, easy. The Devs deved and the whiners didn't like the devs devving because the whiners think they are better devs than the devs. So they review bombed the game. Folks need to learn to walk away sometimes instead of destroying everything because they dont get their own way.

(not you, cause I dont see you whining).
    This is definitely in part due to bandwagoning the downvotes, but to reach the accolade of "worst game of all time" the playerbase has to be pretty much unanimous in its hatred. Another game of similar (probably actually way bigger) hype that was bandwagon-hated was Diablo 3, which had somewhere around 3.0/10 user score at its lowest on Metacritic.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Folks need to learn to walk away sometimes instead of destroying everything because they dont get their own way.
    Ironic that you talk of the critics "destroying" things when Blizzard effectively deleted the original WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    We don't need another thread, this has been mentioned in the megathread a dozen times.
    I felt like this does warrant a separate thread, people aren't gonna read the megathread even if they would be interested to know this. It's a pretty big achievement.

How is it amazing? It's just standard review bombing, it's happened hundreds of times before. The only thing unusual or amazing is that metacritic hasn't updated their systems to prevent this from happening yet like all the other major reviews sites have done so that their site can maintain its integrity.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

This is clearly review bombing, and will probably be purged, no pun intended, because those "reviews" are useless.
    No verified purchases, 21.000 ratings in 4 days... compared to TFT, which in 16,5 years got 1300 ratings in total.
    Compared to let's say Fallout 76, which so far got 6500... and people were similiar "unhappy", but still it remained at 2.7. "Reviewing" Warcraft 3:R so far has become a rediculous meme at best, with many already, as you can see on 9gag, and reddit just vote "for the lolz".

Scores themselves are useless. In "professional" reviews, anything 6 or below is basically shit, and games with clear flaws get 8+. Same goes for user scores, it's either "OMG BEST GAEM EVER 10+" or "WORST SHIT EVER 0/10".

What i look towards is the trend and score distribution. A 0.6 score means much much more people bombed it and next to no one voted it high. And even if we get past the clear technical issues the game has, there's a lot more crap going on.

First of all the false advertising - the product is nothing like it was shown/advertised from 2018.
    There are the changes on ToS so anything that's done with the in game mod tools is automatically property of Blizzard (because they don't want another DotA to happen).
    There is the complete removal of features that were present in the original game and were told to be there.
    And lastly, they upgraded all original clients aswell, so people who don't even own the Reforged version are in the same mess as everyone else, cannot play the game reliably and had features removed.

The review bombing is just a reaction to the incredible mess Blizzard did with WC3R. It's not the numbers themselves, it's their relative value compared to other games and similar situations.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It's a remaster of part of the game released almost 20 years ago.
    People went in expecting a full fledged new game with all AND MORE features the original had and now they are dissapointed.

IMHO: Once the community goes "look people we made it, we bombed a score" that same score kinda loses value.

I'll wait a month till they fix some of the issues and then buy it and replay the campaign; play a bit with custom-maps... and that's all i expect out of it.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    While the game is indeed raising the bar for shithousery, those "reviews" are done by vindictive gamers with quality contributions such as "Fuck you Blizzard" and "Very disappointed. Warcraft 3 was one of my favourite games...they've ruined everything". I'd take that user score with a fuckton of salt if you want to look at it reasonably.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    How is it amazing? It's just standard review bombing, it's happened hundreds of times before. The only thing unusual or amazing is that metacritic hasn't updated their systems to prevent this from happening yet like all the other major reviews sites have done so that their site can maintain its integrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    This is clearly review bombing, and will probably be purged, no pun intended, because those "reviews" are useless.
    No verified purchases, 21.000 ratings in 4 days... compared to TFT, which in 16,5 years got 1300 ratings in total.
    Compared to let's say Fallout 76, which so far got 6500... and people were similiar "unhappy", but still it remained at 2.7. "Reviewing" Warcraft 3:R so far has become a rediculous meme at best, with many already, as you can see on 9gag, and reddit just vote "for the lolz".
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Scores themselves are useless. In "professional" reviews, anything 6 or below is basically shit, and games with clear flaws get 8+. Same goes for user scores, it's either "OMG BEST GAEM EVER 10+" or "WORST SHIT EVER 0/10".

What i look towards is the trend and score distribution. A 0.6 score means much much more people bombed it and next to no one voted it high. And even if we get past the clear technical issues the game has, there's a lot more crap going on.

The review bombing is just a reaction to the incredible mess Blizzard did with WC3R. It's not the numbers themselves, it's their relative value compared to other games and similar situations.
    Like I said, while this is definitely review bombing, a game reaching the levels of WC3:RF in user score is still an impressive achievement and is worth analyzing. It isn't just "4chan doing it for the lulz", it isn't "just whining people expecting a full game" - it's an entire community doing their best to send a message that this is not going to fly.

I'm not saying the 0.6 score is indicative of its actual quality (though as Coldkil points out, ~60/100 reviewer score means it's a TERRIBLE game, WC3:RF is sitting at 64), but rather that it's indicative of how much Blizzard fucked up in delivering what the playerbase wanted.

Again, as I mentioned above, Diablo 3 was a game with a lot more hype and an a lot bigger hate train on launch day, and it didn't even get close to the same score. Mentioning how many reviews WC3:TFT has on Metacritic (a game that launched 17 years ago) is also kind of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It's a remaster of part of the game released almost 20 years ago.
    People went in expecting a full fledged new game with all AND MORE features the original had and now they are dissapointed.

IMHO: Once the community goes "look people we made it, we bombed a score" that same score kinda loses value.

I'll wait a month till they fix some of the issues and then buy it and replay the campaign; play a bit with custom-maps... and that's all i expect out of it.
    The problem is more that WC3:RF isn't even a remaster - it updates graphics (the quality of which is subjective), but butchers the features the game used to have, especially for online play. People expected a remaster, and got a game that retroactively made the original game worse.

Considering the change of the ToA to immediately own any custom map made with the editor, and the removal of almost all the promised features of the game, I feel more and more like WC3:RF was solely made so that Blizzard wouldn't miss out on the potential next DotA (even though that update most likely means a lot fewer games are going to be made on it), and gouge their playerbase's wallets while they're at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Ironic that you talk of the critics "destroying" things when Blizzard effectively deleted the original WC3.
    odd... I never used the word critic... I talked about review bombers and whiners... but no critics.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    Nailed it!

It's nothing by rabid lunatics making a point the only way they feel they can.
    Here is something to believe in!

That's what happens when you remove ladder, stats and profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That is what Blizzard promised when they revealed the game two years ago.
    What they were going for changed since the announcement (a year and change btw, not two) if you preordered back in 2018 and didn't keep up with development that's on you