Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrazaar View Post
    3.: Yeah I know. We defeated C'thun, Yogg-saron, Y'shaarj and (probably) N'zoth. But C'thun and Yogg-saron did not die (at least not really). I can think of a whole expansion about them coming back because they are not bound to their realms (Void or whatever) after Death is gone. I believe it's like the Nether. If an Old God is defeated he goes back to his realm and recovers as long as he isn't fully destroyed by a powerful being like the Titans (that includes Azeroth). So they COULD return in one way or another and I am sure they will.
    Didn't they retcon the "we flushed yoggy into the drain" to "yeah, no, we defeated yogg saron, he ded". Probably did the same with Cthun

Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    Well, considering Ion brought up the cosmic forces at Blizzcon and this expansion is about the Death Cosmic Force, we might see the "realm" of any of the other five eventually. Life, Order, Chaos, Light and Void.
    Ye, probably squished in one or two patches, rushed and incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    -K'aresh
    -Other cosmic places
    -Underground (Titanworks/Nerubian/Aqir)
    -World Revamp

Are just some ideas I've seen thrown out. There will never be a WoW 2 unless some serious new tech is developed or the market takes a weird turn. MMOs are not getting new players, and spending a lot of money to make a game that will be played by the same people that are perfectly content playing the one you already have would be silly.
    I feel like we won't get another World Revamp at this rate, unless Shadowlands takes us to the near future. Underground stuff already feels done, the cosmic places and K'aresh could just be 10.0 stuff, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Backside of azeroth
    other planets
    the void
    the light
    Return of the lich (Kelthuzad)
    infinite dragonflight +lots of cavwerns of time, so like alternate timeline things. "What if everyone became deathknights? now fight through icc, but each boss is a hero of azeroth turned deathknight, and the final boss is arthas the lich king, and jaina the lich queen!"
    "Backside of Azeroth" Can't believe we're still talking about this. The whole theory might not even exist anymore, at this rate. And if there is a backside, it's likely full of Void shit, and/or maybe that'll be the Dragon Isles.

Other Planets, The Void, and the Light can just be part of the same expansion. Same thing goes with the Infinite Dragonflight.

- - - Updated - - -

This is my theory. Knowing Blizzard, they might actually do this:

10.0: Dragon Isles, new raids/dungeons, new class, etc.

10.1: We defeat the Infinite Dragon Flight threat.

10.2: We head into space and obliterate many Old Gods. We'll hang with Elune and challenge Sargeras so that he and the Titan Pantheon can aid us in combat.

10.3: K'aresh, we party with the Naaru for a bit, we learn more about both the Light/Shadow, and this'll lead into the Alliance/Horde, the Light, Death, Life, Order, Disorder, the Dragon Flights, etc Vs the Void Lords in this final WoW raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they retcon the "we flushed yoggy into the drain" to "yeah, no, we defeated yogg saron, he ded". Probably did the same with Cthun
    Lore changed a lot since Wrath especially the Old Gods in particular so by all accounts he's dead but that doesn't mean he's unactive. He's just more of a pain in the ass then "Shit he's a threat."

Ye, probably squished in one or two patches, rushed and incomplete
    Like Shadowlands was a patch right? Lol

I feel like we won't get another World Revamp at this rate, unless Shadowlands takes us to the near future. Underground stuff already feels done, the cosmic places and K'aresh could just be 10.0 stuff, etc.
    We'vfe never had an expansion under the earth. Only one zone is close to that and it wasn't underground necessarily just themed that way(Deepholme isn't even under azeroth specifically its a different realm altogether).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-02-03 at 03:37 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The road map for WoW was until 2024, so they could very well be ending it after 2 more expansions. I would rather they made all old content always relevant if they get to a final game patch so all raids will grand usable gear etc.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    TBC, WOTK, Cata, MOP (but could argue mr bad orc was powered by an old god?), WOD and legion all finish without fighting a god.
    Did you even play WoD or Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW 2.0 would be amazing. Overwatch graphics but still MMORPG. Lorewise would be cool to still be in azeroth but taking place like 10.000 years in the future with lots of race merging. (Human/Orc or Draenei/Tauren hybrids)

*drools*

I think its all but certain we'll go back to outer space after the Shadowlands. There's so much untapped but teased potential there, and also going from these ethereal and alien lands to literal alien lands is a nice pitch.

There doesn't seem much left on Azeroth unless they ass pull another enemy out of nowhere, which is 100% possible, because otherwise we only have a few tiny places left unvisited like the Dragon Isles, which I could see being a patch zone, left.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    Murloc, because i want my dk murloc since years
    This man knows what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    So you consider archimonde to be a god? He was just a high ranking member in a faction we were at war with.

So you consider Argus to be a god? He was just a world soul, which we were fighting because the burning legion corrupted him.

I think the question below is one you need to ask yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post

I liked their old style where they jumped from one story to another without much ties. after wod it just feels like a long long bland story which I stopped to care about after legion.

Mainly Void Lord stuff, Dragon Isles stuff, maybe some Yrel stuff. Uhh, Ethereals.

Or they can always concoct some new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Knowing Bliz, we'll release him so we can team up to fight The Void and overlook everything he's done afterwards.
    I can imagine we will go there and titans will tell us they "cleansed" sargeras of his madness and we will have him as he was in his sane years and get another illidan like situation where he help us to fight w/e he was so afraid to take the universe before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I liked their old style where they jumped from one story to another without much ties. after wod it just feels like a long long bland story which I stopped to care about after legion.
    Cause stories connect with each other instead of randomly "OH the dark portal is open now."

"OH the Lich King is killing us all now."
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

cough

Aszhara escaped after freeing her in Nyalotha. We've been into space a lot. Why not into the depths of Azeroth? Also, there's still a giant ass sword stuck in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    i dont get why all xpacks starts with something completely normal. and at the end we end up fighting a god, its so cheesy and over the top that it makes me not care what happends like at all
    They don't, you're just misremembering things. The only one that could be considered as starting even remotely normal is MoP, unless you consider Demon, Undead, Cthulhu or extratemporal Orc invasions or the planet almost getting killed via giant corrupted sword "normal", in which case the main problem is that there is no abnormal start so there's nothing they could do about it.

I want a revisit Outland, give it a revamp etc
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

void lords just slam down a new oldgod onto azeroth as a desprate attempt to go for the world soul

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    void lords just slam down a new oldgod onto azeroth as a desprate attempt to go for the world soul
    They haven't been able to aim anywhere specific, in the past they just hurled Old Gods out into space and hoped they hit a planet.

Although, that would be kind of a cool crisis - find an Old God's passing by like a comet, or maybe even gets caught in the gravity, orbiting Azeroth and we have t teleport up there and spend an expansion crawling around it.

Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    Not sure how a new old god could possibly be a threat when N'zoth was shown to be a complete pushover in his raid.
    Unless Blizzard shows that he planned to be trapped in the knife all along then all future old gods have already lost their credibility, the only way we could ever get more of them is either as some kind of super old god created from all previous ones, or as dungeon bosses, raid trash or at best filler boss in raids.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Cause stories connect with each other instead of randomly "OH the dark portal is open now."

"OH the Lich King is killing us all now."
    yes I believe that was a good thing considering how wow writing team is unable to maintain continuity and smashes twice as hard behind it as it builds the path infront. if you liked a story then you would have enjoyed it, if you didnt then you could possibly enjoy the next one.
    I dont want to see sylvanas on the xpack cinematic for the 4th time when they announce it.