Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Warcraft 3 Remastered(Reforged) has overdesigned, remade models that look samey from the top down view. Removed clan, ladder, no profile stats, draconian EULA on custom maps in an obvious, petty method to claim the next DotA, buggy campaigns, no custom campaign. $40 bucks for a literal downgrade
    Most of the criticisms are fair, except this one. Imagine my shock when Blizzard would like the rights to a billion dollar franchise in Dota, made on their game engine, with their tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    It is impossible there are a ton of different target audiences playing the game differently and preferring different things, right?
    Also only your perspective is the true and only one.

People can't see outside their bubble. I am genuinely enjoying 8.3 and hated 8.0 and 8.1, but to someone like that guy it makes me "stupid" or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with review bombing in order to 'send a message' is any constructive criticism is going to be shoveled out with all the whiny shit and no 'message' will be delivered.

And that is going to be the biggest tragedy of this entire shitshow.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Most of the criticisms are fair, except this one. Imagine my shock when Blizzard would like the rights to a billion dollar franchise in Dota, made on their game engine, with their tools.
    you have to read the language for it to realize just how insipid it is. Its the sort of thing which creates an environment which eliminates the possibility of a breakout game ever occuring. Thats right, it literally destroys the possibility of the thing it was made for from ever actually occuring.

I feel horrible for the 17 year old warcraft 3 game community. Removal of infrastructure for cross region, proplay, clans, matchmaking and chat features have broken them apart from each other and crippled them. Its just sad seeing this happen to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    The problem with review bombing in order to 'send a message' is any constructive criticism is going to be shoveled out with all the whiny shit and no 'message' will be delivered.

The reason why it even happens is because companies don't listen to constructive criticism and in Blizzard's case also beta feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    People can't see outside their bubble. I am genuinely enjoying 8.3 and hated 8.0 and 8.1, but to someone like that guy it makes me "stupid" or something.
    If he meant the patchday, bugs and the mac thing i'd even be with him yeah, but most gameplay stuff is never black and white and comes down to finding the majority and what they want and that is difficult.

Just look into NA general discussion cesspool and compare that to mmoc.

Good, Blizz doens't care about constructive criticism either. Why should people care about writing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything the review bombing and the general shitty conduct of folks is going to compel Blizzard NOT to waste their time with remastering anything else. So those that expected a new shiny WC3 are just going to have to make it themselves cause Blizzard isn't gonna do it for you.
    good they better not delete the old wc2 off my gog list by making the changes retroactive like they would likely do.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

that's such a crock of shit lol

"oh that's a few unusuable flame posts. better start ignoring them all!"
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    good they better not delete the old wc2 off my gog list by making the changes retroactive like they would likely do.
    Good lord, hyperbole much? Does the old game need some functionality returned? Yes. Has it been deleted? Hell no, working just fine for me, they just broke a few aspects of it the majority is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    it's an entire community doing their best to send a message that this is not going to fly.
    No it isn't. While there's certainly some justification for hatred for the game, this review-bombing as with all review-bombs are a dedicated group of haters stuffing ballot-boxes.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

... That they were approached with doing a game for Blizzard and were turned down by Blizzard so they went elsewhere. Blizzard doesn't own DotA because of a loose EULA, they lost DotA because they didn't think DotA would turn into what it was.

It's like being the writer for the Witcher books who thought the games would fail and took a lump sum for his royalties, only to realize he lost money in the long run. Them's the breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blodia View Post
    It's simple really.
    Original was 9/10.
    So:
    Nice new skins +1
    Nice reworks on some in-game cutscenes +1
    Less animation variety -1
    No automated tournaments -1
    Animation fps problems -1
    Memory hog chrome based menus -1
    No clans -1
    No ladder -1
    No custom campaigns -1
    No player profiles -1
    Intrusive EULA for custom maps -1
    No cross-region play -1
    Limited online game search functionality (filters) -1
    No LAN support -1
    Bugs causing major performance and stability issues -1
    Mandatory 20Gb+ download for classic wc3 users -1

Since the tally is in the negatives, and negative scores aren't there, the number is 0.
    you also forgot retroactively overwrites old wc3 -2.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

It's going to continue to happen as long as Blizz continues to make piles of $$$. Take BFA; people can bitch all they want; but as long as those subs are still going, wtf is Blizz gonna change its ways? They have such a diehard fanbase that defend them at every turn or put the blame on Activision only, it's gonna take a lot longer of putting out crap for them these diehards to even think about not buying their latest game/patch/and so on.

I'd rather they take another 6 months and release WC:RF as a finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    you have to read the language for it to realize just how insipid it is. Its the sort of thing which creates an environment which eliminates the possibility of a breakout game ever occuring. Thats right, it literally destroys the possibility of the thing it was made for from ever actually occuring.

I feel horrible for the 17 year old warcraft 3 game community. Removal of infrastructure for cross region, proplay, clans, matchmaking and chat features have broken them apart from each other and crippled them. Its just sad seeing this happen to them.
    I agree with you, but the change to the EULA isn't even a spec of an issue with the other issues in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    ... That they were approached with doing a game for Blizzard and were turned down by Blizzard so they went elsewhere. Blizzard doesn't own DotA because of a loose EULA, they lost DotA because they didn't think DotA would turn into what it was.

It's like being the writer for the Witcher books who thought the games would fail and took a lump sum for his royalties, only to realize he lost money in the long run. Them's the breaks.
    Yeah... that was Dota.

Now with this Eula they can have their cake and eat it. So if a mod gets uber popular, blizz can again tell them to go pound sand... while maintaining rights.

Its pretty... scummy, but it's good business.

I agree with you, but the change to the EULA isn't even a spec of an issue with the other issues in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah... that was Dota.

Now with this Eula they can have their cake and eat it. So if a mod gets uber popular, blizz can again tell them to go pound sand... while maintaining rights.

It also stifles any enthusiasm in making the next DotA. Not that there has been since DotA, except maybe Auto-chess.

Guess it's just back to Footman Frenzy spam.

Yeah... that was Dota.

No sane person with a good idea will then use the Warcraft 3 Map editor.

The smart call would have been:
    Keep the rules the same but actually capitalize on a good idea.

They could have had DotA under their wing, but didn't want to because they rather focused on WoW during that time (late TBC / Wotlk).
    Any person with a brain that sometimes played Warcraft 3 saw how big DotA was pre LoL era.

Now, nobody wins, Blizzard won't get DotA 2.0, Players won't get DotA 2.0, creators will not use the Map editor and the warcraft 3 platform.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-02-03 at 08:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    for what was promised, for everything that wasn't delivered, for the bugs/glitch/errors and half done things and specially for apparently messing up with the old game, i think the score is deserved

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    https://www.metacritic.com/browse/ga...=desc&page=158

Kind of amazing, honestly. It started off seeming like a cool upgrade to WC3, with updated cinematics, modern graphics, UI upgrades, balance changes etc. that most people were excited for.

It ended up ruining even the old Warcraft 3 by applying all of the system changes to that game as well.

How did it come to this? Why do we as consumers support this kind of business model?
    I mean the user score is less about the actual quality and more about the horrible optics Blizzard has managed to scrounge up. This is review bombing, all these zeroes aren't dispassionate logical reviews, but I don't think they need to be. That 0.5 might not be an accurate review of the game, but it certainly is the result of Blizzard completely shattering their fanbase's trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Is the game bad? No

Do people love to hate random things for no reason? Absolutely, someone started so the rest followed
    There are no ladders anymore so new players will get matched with pros. Doesnt seem like that will lead to an enjoyable experience for new players to a 20 year old game.