Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Johnny Depp case

Let me be clear and honest from the start.

I may be biased, i may be jumping on a bandwagon and even be missing information here, but I'll risk it anyway.

The Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case is seemingly about a past attempt at defaming the man's character and what a time seemed a band wagon effect.

Now, with new revelations the wagon is moving in favor ofJohn, at least by his fans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.new...485267%3famp=1

She basically committed violence towards the man.

But - here comes the biased part - this isn't so much about that as it is about the defeaning silence. Where are the #MeToo printers? Where are the so called journalists and bloggers furiously bashing their keyboards? The onslaught of news pieces on Hollywood abhorrent behavior? Most of all, where are the repeating despicable demands for cancelling someone?

Look, I know and you know that women are more likely to be victims of domestic violence and we should absolutely combat it.

But we can't be hypocrites. We can't pick and choose how to react because the victims are different.

And we certainly should hold everyone to the same standard, and not laugh dismissely at someone because the victim happens to be male.

Anyway, feel free to provide information that I'm likely missing

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-02-07 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really keep up with it when it was happening. I do remember a couple of weeks after it was being circulated about alleged abuse carried out by Depp that information was beginning to surface allegedly Heard was not the saint she was being portrayed as.

Personally I think the reason why the drums of war aren't sounding towards Heard like they were when it was targeting Depp is simply because he's male. Be aware that people are going in on Heard as well; it's not like there is blanket silence about it. It's just not nearly as much as it was towards Depp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tina Turner also admitted to hitting and striking Ike, doesn't suddenly mean she wasn't a victims of domestic violence. Basically this is a campaign by the usual suspects who complain about "cancel culture' or "SJW's or "Me Too'" believe the victims and trying to troll and roll the exact way they project those I mentioned.

In my opinion I still believe and support Amber Heard, but by that same line, I am prepared to believe and support Johnny Depp under the same context, that this matter should be taken seriously, OUTSIDE of that, this is a matter for the legal system and not the court of public opinion.

Now if some see this is a reason to advocate and commit to activism, so be it. But ultimately there is nothing shocking or unexpected in hearing any of this, except that people now see that domestic violence can escalate.

We don't KNOW at what point in these recordings this issue has escalated, very similarly to Mel Gibson, however I can also say not NEEDING to hear or know more, Amber Heard was wrong, doesn't mean she wasn't a victim, just means, that the violence and attitude she displaying from what we can hear and take on it's present value, is disturbing.

The audio along with Depps photos and sliced off finger, is very unsettling.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Listened to the videos.

Shes bat shit crazy. Johnny handles himself about as well as any human possibly could.

But abuse against men is largely considered a joke and its even ok to be joked about.

When this case broke people were tripping over themselves to defend another stronk woman standing up to her abuser without a shred of evidence.

Its one of the many reasons I cant keep a straight face when woman consider themselves as hard done by. Decades ago surely. But now its flipped.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Has she acted like this in the past against other boyfriends??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Tina Turner also admitted to hitting and striking Ike, doesn't suddenly mean she wasn't a victims of domestic violence. Basically this is a campaign by the usual suspects who complain about "cancel culture' or "SJW's or "Me Too'" believe the victims and trying to troll and roll the exact way they project those I mentioned.

In my opinion I still believe and support Amber Heard, but by that same line, I am prepared to believe and support Johnny Depp under the same context, that this matter should be taken seriously, OUTSIDE of that, this is a matter for the legal system and not the court of public opinion.

Now if some see this is a reason to advocate and commit to activism, so be it. But ultimately there is nothing shocking or unexpected in hearing any of this, except that people now see that domestic violence can escalate.

We don't KNOW at what point in these recordings this issue has escalated, very similarly to Mel Gibson, however I can also say not NEEDING to hear or know more, Amber Heard was wrong, doesn't mean she wasn't a victim, just means, that the violence and attitude she displaying from what we can hear and take on it's present value, is disturbing.

The audio along with Depps photos and sliced off finger, is very unsettling.
    But you can't assume that she's a victim just.... because.

In fact, if you want to create assumptions then take the last part of your post and reasoning. You have more indicators that would leas you to assume she's an unbalanced individual and committed several acts of violence upon depp, than you have points to suggest anything in her favor.

In fact Depps behaviour is arguing that previous accusations against Depp of domestic violence were manufactured by Heard.

I know you don't care, but it is a bit unsettling that you phrase yourself as believing Heard automatically and then ponder the possibility of switching to Depp, when in fact the stack favours John's version

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Listened to the videos.

Shes bat shit crazy. Johnny handles himself about as well as any human possibly could.

But abuse against men is largely considered a joke and its even ok to be joked about.
    This is a double standard that angers me, and is often mad, in part, by those deemed to be progressives or those saying toxic masculine behaviour is a serious thing.

It's hypocritical

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    But you can't assume that she's a victim just.... because.

In fact, if you want to create assumptions then take the last part of your post and reasoning. You have more indicators that would leas you to assume she's an unbalanced individual and committed several acts of violence upon depp, than you have points to suggest anything in her favor.

In fact Depps behaviour is arguing that previous accusations against Depp of domestic violence were manufactured by Heard.

I know you don't care, but it is a bit unsettling that you phrase yourself as believing Heard automatically and then ponder the possibility of switching to Depp, when in fact the stack favours John's version

- - - Updated - - -

This is a double standard that angers me, and is often mad, in part, by those deemed to be progressives or those saying toxic masculine behaviour is a serious thing.

It's hypocritical

I support Amber I also support the justice system taking both Amber and Johnny Depp seriously.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

At best for Johnny...it would seem they were abusive to each other. That doesn't get him off the hook for being abusive to her. All this might do is show that she's also an abusive piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Hopefully Johnny Depp gets some sort of justice, since she damaged his reputation in Hollywood and came off like the innocent victim.
    Ohhh he was good at doing that in Hollowood himself. He constantly showed up late and drunk on moviesets, took drugs at work... And seemingly also assaulted people on film sets.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    At it's core, this is what makes MeToo hypocritical. I'm all in support of outing abusers, sexual harassers and rapists, but we need to have a good discussion about accusations and finding the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Ohhh he was good at doing that in Hollowood himself. He constantly showed up late and drunk on moviesets, took drugs at work... And seemingly also assaulted people on film sets.
    Yet continued to land high profile gigs like Fantastic beasts.

You know those little indie projects like Harry Potter where they struggle to find actors and are obsessed about image, they kept hiring him even though you're saying hes off the rails.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

As with most of these cases it's best to stay out of it and not blindly believe either one. I don't get why people go on crusades and in turn abuse the people involved. Let the testimonies and witnesses deal with it in conjuction with police.

Just wish media stayed out of things like these since no one needs to know this or follow it... it's just goes to shit whenever it blows up in media.
    And yes, people tend to be more biased towards women being victims rather than the abused regardless of how much they know about the situation.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yet continued to land high profile gigs like Fantastic beasts.

You know those little indie projects like Harry Potter where they struggle to find actors and are obsessed about image, they kept hiring him even though you're saying hes off the rails.
    Which he also got, despite the domnestic abuse allegations flying around. By "Woke authors" like RK Rowling even!!

Honestly I am suprised, why people hire him. He costs a fortune... and then he comes drunk, and is the worst character of those movies. Like "Dead men tell no tales"
    It honestly appears more, that Hollywood just doesn't give a damn crap about such things.

This is stupid. Women haven’t had milleniums of being oppressed. Check your privilege.

7+ Year Old Account
    From what I've heard (listening to the tape), she's batshit. That said, don't get married. Especially if you're rich and/or famous. Also, you always have the right to defend yourself, regardless of who the aggressor is. Not having been there, I can't say whether she was the only one who got physical, but I can say that, based on her own admissions, she deserved a physical response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOP9nmzKDww

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    At best for Johnny...it would seem they were abusive to each other. That doesn't get him off the hook for being abusive to her. All this might do is show that she's also an abusive piece of shit.
    Not necessarily. It might also show that she's been lying the whole time, hiding her actions behind false accusations made at him. Many abusers are very good at making themselves out to be the victims.

For example, I saw my mother abuse my father for years. One day he was defending himself from one of her relentless physical assaults and he tried to shove her away from him. She lost her balance and staggered backwards into the wall, then called the police on him, magically forgetting to tell them she was the one attacking him.

I'm all for the legal system taking every single allegation seriously, but that isn't the same thing as saying we should automatically believe what people claim. I've yet to see any kind of domestic argument where one party can give a wholly unbiased account of what happened. That makes automatically believing one person's version of events very dangerous, especially in a society where many don't believe men can be victims of domestic violence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yet again the #BelieveAllWomen and #MeToo turns out to hurt men, hope Heard never gets an acting job again.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    From what I've heard (listening to the tape), she's batshit. That said, don't get married. Especially if you're rich and/or famous. Also, you always have the right to defend yourself, regardless of who the aggressor is. Not having been there, I can't say whether she was the only one who got physical, but I can say that, based on her own admissions, she deserved a physical response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOP9nmzKDww
    Those guys keep interupting...explaining to the viewer all the time, annoying..

Listening to this reminds me of ricky gervais golden globes speech "Most of you spent less time in school than greta thunberg"
    So, can't expect maturity from these people..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2020-02-03 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes social media, Hollywood gossip types are hypocrites. Don't give them fuel by whining and giving them attention.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Yet again the #BelieveAllWomen and #MeToo turns out to hurt men, hope Heard never gets an acting job again.
    well, lets not be hasty, she was pretty hawt in aquaman, she needs to be in the 2nd one