Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    "Let them cast"? Are you really that stupid? Cone of cold, arcane explosion, fire blast, everything they do is instant.
    Instant spell are CASTED yes, because Mages are CASTERS. If you let them FREECAST it's your problem. Do anything in the list and they won't be able to do anything.

A silence on a Mage is an immediate death sentence because, in case YOU are stupid, you need to be in MELEE RANGE to use Cone of Cold or Arcane explosion. And while in MELEE RANGE, you are an easy target for MELEES like Warriors and Rogues who can easily kill a Mage.

To me, it just looks like you are looking for excuses to cry about Mages instead of looking at their glaring weaknesses. But I must be the stupid one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Instant spell are CASTED yes, because Mages are CASTERS. If you let them FREECAST it's your problem. Do anything in the list and they won't be able to do anything.

A silence on a Mage is an immediate death sentence because, in case YOU are stupid, you need to be in MELEE RANGE to use Cone of Cold or Arcane explosion. And while in MELEE RANGE, you are an easy target for MELEES like Warriors and Rogues who can easily kill a Mage.

To me, it just looks like you are looking for excuses to cry about Mages instead of looking at their glaring weaknesses. But I must be the stupid one for sure.
    Oh, that's why mages actually blink INTO melee range right? Because they are so "scared"? No, because they simply spam AE four times, hit CoC and FB if they feel like it too (not like that's even needed) and instakill 10 people around them?

Whine more. Mages are a pathetic crutch class for people who have no skill and rely on the OPness of all their spells and talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Instant spell are CASTED yes, because Mages are CASTERS. If you let them FREECAST it's your problem.
    I think its pretty obvious the difference here is between a spell with a cast time, and an instant spell. One can be interrupted / los / ranged etc, one cannot.

I remember a 5-6 man team of mages spamming arcane explosion on my server back in the day. Sucked to go against. Not much you could do except try to separate and kill them. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mkivtt View Post
    Oh, that's why mages actually blink INTO melee range right? Because they are so "scared"? No, because they simply spam AE four times, hit CoC and FB if they feel like it too (not like that's even needed) and instakill 10 people around them?

Whine more. Mages are a pathetic crutch class for people who have no skill and rely on the OPness of all their spells and talents.
    No single mage can do that. Yes, I can blink to melee and hit AE... and that might do about 4-600 damage to everyone in range. Most toons have somewhere between 2500 and 5000hp. 400 won't kill them. CoC is about the same. And Frsotbolt is a 2-2.5 second cast depending on talents.

Can a group of mages do that? Yep. See all the ways to counter that above and, well, I just don't think you're going to see it very often. it requires coordination so outside of a premade it just won't be effective or even happen.

If you die to a solo mage when they're in melee range, you're just bad at PVP.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-02-03 at 10:30 PM.

Who seriously does PvP now since it would be near impossible to get beyond rank 11.

OP I have been wrecked by mages too, the only solice is that Warlocks will always be better than Mages lol. I always hear mages crying the same thing about locks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its so cute when people make topics complaining about stuff in Classic that is literally the exact same as it was in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I thought WoW released and AE had a cast time and you had to spend 5 talent points reducing it to 0 ?
    Yes it used to cost 5 points to make AE instant. They changed it in 1.11 to be baseline instant cast. So this wasn't so much of a problem in vanilla.

Is this really going to be an issue as people get higher stam pools from better gear? Does AE really scale that well with spellpower?

I feel like by the time ZG comes out this will be a non-issue, frankly. Let the mages have their fun for now (says the druid that always shapeshifts out of frost nova to avoid arcane explosion because it sucks to deal with).

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No single mage can do that. Yes, I can blink to melee and hit AE... and that might do about 4-600 damage to everyone in range. Most toons have somewhere between 2500 and 5000hp. 400 won't kill them. CoC is about the same. And Frsotbolt is a 2-2.5 second cast depending on talents.

Can a group of mages do that? Yep. See all the ways to counter that above and, well, I just don't think you're going to see it very often. it requires coordination so outside of a premade it just won't be effective or even happen.

If you die to a solo mage when they're in melee range, you're just bad at PVP.
    Cries in hunter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dldallas View Post
    Is this really going to be an issue as people get higher stam pools from better gear? Does AE really scale that well with spellpower?

I feel like by the time ZG comes out this will be a non-issue, frankly. Let the mages have their fun for now (says the druid that always shapeshifts out of frost nova to avoid arcane explosion because it sucks to deal with).
    AE scales at like 14% sp

10+ Year Old Account
    ARCANITE REAPER!
    HoooOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looking marvelous in velvet.