Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Do you still have faith that this company can make a good expansion?

With all the recent fiascos, I do admire those who still have faith.

Personally, I lost all faith before BfA even started. For some foolish reason I had preordered the game. But then I saw how shit BfA was in beta, and I wanted to cancel my preorder. But it was too late, since I had made an allied race. But no biggie, right? The game will release and it will all be fine, just have faith, it's only beta.

BfA was a truly horrible fiasco. I think people see Legion as good only because of how bad BfA was. Legion was bad, it introduced many of the horrible systems of BfA, but Bfa was on a whole other level of horrible.

Legion was a good expansion

MOP was a good expansion

So, Shadowland'll be a good expansion

It's the prophecy

I play this game to raid and since those are still easily industry-leading an expansion has to be much worse than BFA to quit. Shadowlands fixes a ton of issues for the core game like leveling and all the weekly chest things. We will see how classes are playing but no doubt that everything will be better than now at least. BFA got abandoned already and that is a good sign that they know how fucked up all of this was.

My guess is that Shadowlands will be a very good expansion because BFA was the filler. Legion was great IMO despite the rng stuff.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2020-02-03 at 11:17 PM.

Legion had a lot of huge problems.

Legiondaries, M+ grind, AP grind, titanforging, world quest grind. These systems are terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is unlikely that every patch and every expansion hit home with the entire player base time and time again. There are good things in the game and things that can be approved on. Most people don't come on the forums to praise the game but are more than willing to criticize it. Wow has been operational for 15 years and still retains a very high player base which is impressive. They need to try new ideas to keep the game fresh, and some don't work out so well.

I still have faith that Blizzard can make a good expansion, because many people have said BFA is the worst expansion and that it is terrible - and while I don't think it is particularly amazing, I think it is quite good for an expansion that is receiving such ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    With all the recent fiascos, I do admire those who still have faith.

Personally, I lost all faith before BfA even started. For some foolish reason I had preordered the game. But then I saw how shit BfA was in beta, and I wanted to cancel my preorder. But it was too late, since I had made an allied race. But no biggie, right? The game will release and it will all be fine, just have faith, it's only beta.

BfA was a truly horrible fiasco. I think people see Legion as good only because of how bad BfA was. Legion was bad, it introduced many of the horrible systems of BfA, but Bfa was on a whole other level of horrible.
    I've enjoyed every expansion thus far except WoD, so they never stopped making good expansions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    I play this game to raid and since those are still easily industry-leading an expansion has to be much worse than BFA to quit. Shadowlands fixes a ton of issues for the core game like leveling and all the weekly chest things. We will see how classes are playing but no doubt that everything will be better than now at least. BFA got abandoned already and that is a good sign that they know how fucked up all of his was.

My guess is that Shadowlands will be a very good expansion because BFA was the filler.
    I could really do without the 14 mechanics per boss, personally. Maybe im just an mmo boomer, but I enjoyed raids more when there was a focus on a couple key mechanics per boss. It just feels so bloated now.

Not in the slightest, ever since they removed snapshotting in MoP I knew this was the beginning of the end, and legion sucked ass unknown to me why people suck it's dick.
    Last great expansion was MoP.

If you didn't like Legion then there's little hope you are going to enjoy anything they put out in the future.

Well it's their job to do so. Go big or go home. I have no problem unsubbing for 3 years if Shadowlands sucks right out the gates.

Part of me hopes but older and wiser me known better.

Wow has been like relationship to most, you kept up with cheating partner because you had children but things have escalated so your terrible partner has started to steal from you and corrupt children along with cheating.

Never have I played so little as with bfa and wow even in bad state is no longer the only decent mmo for me so shadowlands is pretty much either sad goodbye or awkward welcome.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2020-02-03 at 11:32 PM.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

I do not. Look at the fiasco with reforged, that's what actiblizz has become. The devs that made WoW a house hold name are long gone, it's all about pushing out a product for that almighty dollar. Expansions are rushed, the quality is lacking and corners are cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I could really do without the 14 mechanics per boss, personally. Maybe im just an mmo boomer, but I enjoyed raids more when there was a focus on a couple key mechanics per boss. It just feels so bloated now.
    Oh, I agree! The Shift to bosses that almost require complex WA's to make the fights somewhat dealable is bad IMO. But overall I'm still impressed with how good and fun every Raid is after all. My only real gripe this expansion where the end bosses. Jaina was the only good fight in this regard but at least the overwhelming majority of the prior bosses are really fun and engaging to play. For me, Raiding is everything in this game and that's the case since 2008. If nothing changes WoW will be played by Raiders for decades to come since the competition is just slacking in this department.
    Last edited by Nokami; 2020-02-03 at 11:27 PM.

I enjoy the raids more and more, so yeah.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Sadly shadowlands doesn't shine both from lore and features prospective , the only zone that picks my interest is gothic ravendreth because it may have some connection to dreadlords origins , the rest feels like something we already seen : the righteous angels , the furries alike to emerald dream and basic scourge material.
    Thorgast is something we already seen , a mixture of proving grounds / deaths of chromie /horrific visions gameplay... hard the first few times you do then you naturally get powerups to go further so it doesn't really excite me.
    Probably will give it a try in 9.1 if reviews are good

honestly, no. I think WoW is just worn out at this point and Blizzard doesn’t seem to do anything more extreme with it, like revamping the old world or huge class overhauls. BFA is basically Legion but worse in nearly every way. From what I’ve seen from Shadowlands we don’t have to expect much new either. We only get new expansions because the game is still making money, not because the devs actually want to continue.

I thought Legion was one of the top expansions ever for WoW, not the best, but up there as #3 best, and I'd put BfA at #5 out of the 7 so far. With Cataclysm and WoD the bottom of the pile.

Outside of things like class design, encounter design, loot distribution etc, my biggest issue comes from the endless cycle we seem stuck in with regards to 'additional' progression.

Im talking Essences, corruption, traits, the necklace, the cloak.

The game feels extremely bloated with additional features that really dont add much to the game. From a gameplay perspective, wow wont attract many if any new players - there is just FAR too much to learn over and above the core gameplay.

Maybe it was always that way, but for me, i miss a time where i played because the gameplay was extremely fun for me, and getting loot was an awesome bonus (and a motivator). I also miss the days of fights having less mechanics, but each mechanic being quite scary. I also like the idea of being able to choose the players i want to deal with each mechanic, so im not a fan of RNG in raid encounters. Some fights allow this, which is great, while others simply randomly pick '3 players' to deal with 'x mechanic' and im not a fan of that at all.

It seems they release a "new" system, beta testers say its crap, blizzard brush that off, the product launches and reception to said system is negative, blizzard spend the entire expansion desperately applying band aids trying to 'fix' the issue, and then at the end, say "hey, you were right, we have fixed it though!" only to turn around and make the EXACT same mistake with another "new" system which is really just a rebranded version of the old system, inheriting all of its issues and even introducing new ones!

I have my doubts they will ever make one of my favorites again. I have no doubt the launch will just be the start of the beta test. I have found the last 2 expansions if you just wait a patch or two after release you can have a pretty decent experience. By then beta is finally over and you have a game Blizzard would have launched with back 15 years ago or so to a degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Globi View Post
    Legion was a good expansion
    I mean, that's highly subjective, I thought it was shit... All the stuff wrong with class design right now is because of Legion... Also made Titanforging completely overbearing.

So, far as I'm concerned they fucked up the last 3 expansions, I have no faith in Shadowlands until they give us some proof in beta.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-02-03 at 11:43 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.