Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hide Corruption's Blue Glow On Character

Is there a way to get rid of this glowing effect of your character being “corrupted” , besides having more corruption resistance than you do corruption?

I know for a fact lastnight and ever since 8.3 dropped this glowing effect has not been there on my ingame model, but suddenly now today I login and having 50 corruption to my 37 resistance triggering the (1) corruption effect to be the only active and now the glow effect on my character is an all time thing without fail…but when I had both it and the (20) eye-stalks effect…nothing.

Anyone know whats up? Was something changed recently that this is now a set-in-stone ingame model effect we cannot hide or remove, besides by out resisting our corruption on gear in number?

Quote Originally Posted by Vx-Odessa-xV View Post
    Is there a way to get rid of this glowing effect of your character being “corrupted” , besides having more corruption resistance than you do corruption?
    No.

It's a shame too, because that effect ruins all of my transmogs.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

This is why we can't have anything nice. Sorry, no. That's not true. The truth is, what I fear is this sort of criticism will just cause the whole "interesting corruption visual effects" to be thrown out instead of someone going "Oh, let's just let 'em hide the effects if they want to."
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2020-02-03 at 10:40 PM.

The glowing effect is how your party members know you're a danger to yourself and others.

Get better corruption resistance or have Mother clean your gear and it'll go away.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post
    The glowing effect is how your party members know you're a danger to yourself and others.

Get better corruption resistance or have Mother clean your gear and it'll go away.
    I mean with how ridiculously overtuned some corruption is, you have too little corruption if you aren't glowing.

You're utilizing corruption to enhance your powers. This comes with a price.

I wish the visual effect could be toggled on/off like in SWTOR. It indeed ruins transmogs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep a fine sunday suit of gear of your prefered tmog in your bags for idling in since they don't allow us to choose the color of the corruption effect... yet(make some noise).
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I mean with how ridiculously overtuned some corruption is, you have too little corruption if you aren't glowing.
    The obnoxious glow only starts at 40 and you shouldn't be that high unless you're out doing random easy world shit. You can still equip some power and stay below 40 when you should have 37 resistance now, 45 next reset and only more and more as time go's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Briselody View Post

Not having a blue glow right now lets other players know you do shit dps.

Not rank 3 twilight dev/infniite stars? = insta bad deeps.

Its there for the benefit of others first and foremost.
    I would be fine with some visual toggle to make it not appear on YOUR screen, but your group members absolutely need to be aware of at least something pertaining to this system.
    Really, it should be much more than just a visual thing.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It should only appear in combat imo
    Well, that seems like a very sensible and level headed solution to what some see as a problem. /thread imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Its there for the benefit of others first and foremost.
    I would be fine with some visual toggle to make it not appear on YOUR screen, but your group members absolutely need to be aware of at least something pertaining to this system.
    Really, it should be much more than just a visual thing.
    Maybe im missing something, but why would other players need to know you have more than 0 corruption?

Just bumping this thread I believe I found a sort of solution.

If you equip a corrupt item and cleanse it while on your character it will remove the visual effect regardless if your character still has net corruption effect. Only re-equipping a new corrupt item will add the blueish black glow back to your character. So I suggest saving a bunch of shitty corrupt items just so you can cleanse them and return your character's look to normal.

Get more corruption, and it changes to red. Actually looks pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Not having a blue glow right now lets other players know you do shit dps.
    Im sure that guy with obsidian skin and void ritual is just tearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Get more corruption, and it changes to red. Actually looks pretty cool.
    Sure if you're afk in town, otherwise I doubt anyone wants to to real content at 80+ corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just bumping this thread I believe I found a sort of solution.

If you equip a corrupt item and cleanse it while on your character it will remove the visual effect regardless if your character still has net corruption effect. Only re-equipping a new corrupt item will add the blueish black glow back to your character. So I suggest saving a bunch of shitty corrupt items just so you can cleanse them and return your character's look to normal.
    Uhh, the purple glow only shows up at 40+ corruption, obviously if you cleanse something and go below 40 it go's away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    It should only appear in combat imo
    You think they'd of learned that by now but nope, to this day still have some annoying mechanics that should be shut off when out of combat or BGs

it's only one patch, then it's back to normal./

10+ Year Old Account
    The visual effect should have been a choice regardless of performance benefit. Having an option to have it appear in combat and not outside it should have been offered really.

[QUOTE=Vx-Odessa-xV;52073153]Is there a way to get rid of this glowing effect of your character being “corrupted” , besides having more corruption resistance than you do corruption?

seems the only way to cancel the effect is if youre mounted on the spectral pterrodax, havent tried other mounts tho

7+ Year Old Account
    get the pufferfish from the toy [Bowl of Glowing Pufferfish], they can clear the corruption and make you glow.