Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Lol, RNG in retail is nothing.

Compare to have a little different stats with our guild in classic only got 1 Vis'kag in 3 months and not many brutality blades either, so some of our rogues and DPS warriors still use blue weapons. And another guild have 4 or 5 thunderfury ready to go as soon as BWL drops, and got 8 Vis'kags from Onyxia in a row.

RNG is almost nothing in retail and you complain. Have fun with the stats instead and try to do the best with what you get.
    Lol, we had a guild like that back in vanilla, seriously like 8 thunderfuries, they were so lucky that they were selling spots in their raid for luck on TF drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Blizzard: We need to remove Titanforging so nobody can have better gear than Mythic raiders.

Also Blizzard: Here's a system where a chimpanzee can get 12K DPS corruption on an item from a world quest.

I've just seen a guildie with 75 corruption Infinite Stars on a 425 ring...
    He still can't get better gear than mythic raiders or M+15 heroes though. Corruption is on top of that for everyone. That's like complaining that everyone gets essences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i didn't think much about corrupted gear until i did a uldum mini assault and got a 445 belt with rank 3 echoing void which gave me 7500 dps on sims.. Took me straight to the top of the dps spot in guild with hardly any efforts. Its a terrible system that needs to go asap. this is worse than having titanforged legion legendaries. Gear should NEVER matter that much

Methods tank is using cloth pants ffs
    Sooner or later everyone will have that though, just a matter of time. Kinda like waiting for the right legendary in legion, which had a comparable impact.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    How did you deal with Legion, where the parses you want were attributable for many specs to having just the right combo of legendaries at any given time? At its core, 8.3 is a purple shade of lipstick on the same pig we've all been playing, there's just an additional layer of requirement to apply the makeup.
    this has got to be the worst comeback ever^^

Legion legendaries was the byfar most hated feature from the launch of that expansion up until they fixed the damn system in nighthold so that legendaries were actaully farmable on a somewhat acceptable timescale.
    The corruption gear is just as bad as legion legendaries. Infact, they might even be worse.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm OK with the RNG nature of obtaining the corrupted items. It has been like this for years now. However I'm not OK with the fact that said corrupted effects are contributing to 40% of my overall DPS in a dungeon/boss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I'm OK with the RNG nature of obtaining the corrupted items. It has been like this for years now. However I'm not OK with the fact that said corrupted effects are contributing to 40% of my overall DPS in a dungeon/boss fight.
    And this is why fun gets nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And this is why fun gets nerfed
    Corrupted Gear like echoing void and twilight devastation definitely feels broken AF, but broken is fun. Haven't had this much fun tanking since MoP... and MoP tanking was also broken AF lol.

Not sure why people are complaining tbh, the broken shit feels fun and it's a final tier and wait until xpac anyways so shouldn't they want to have fun? Or are they too busy complaining they haven't gotten some broken shit yet so want to ruin the fun for others(even though everyone will have full BIS corruption in a few months).

Would of been so much fun to not have no corruption for this tier and instead just be hunting for specific azerite traits that are minimal power boosts... yawn.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-03 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Corrupted Gear like echoing void and twilight devastation definitely feels broken AF, but broken is fun. Haven't had this much fun tanking since MoP... and MoP tanking was also broken AF lol.

Not sure why people are complaining tbh, the broken shit feels fun and it's a final tier and wait until xpac anyways so shouldn't they want to have fun? Or are they too busy complaining they haven't gotten some broken shit yet so want to ruin the fun for others(even though everyone will have full BIS corruption in a few months).
    Dude, mop tanking was awesome, just haven't really enjoyed tanking as much as back then lol.

But really, they should be trying crazy shit like this on the last patch of an expansion, if it doesn't work it's all being reset soon anyway

Not sure why people are complaining tbh, the broken shit feels fun and it's a final tier and wait until xpac anyways so shouldn't they want to have fun? Or are they too busy complaining they haven't gotten some broken shit yet so want to ruin the fun for others(even though everyone will have full BIS corruption in a few months)
    Broken is fun for those who get broken corruption traits

And the obvious consequence in pugworld is that unless you've gotten lucky, you don't get a spot (eg, M+ groups).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    C
    I was a feral druid and agility was our king of stats. The darkmoon faire card greatness had static agility with a further agility proc. Deathbringers and a few others could top it, but agility was so unbalanced for us it was crazy.
    The Strength Greatness card was BiS for Ret until Icecrown, for similar reason. And for Holy the i200 Libram that reduced the mana cost of Holy Light was BiS for all of LK. Nothing else came close.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-02-03 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Dude, mop tanking was awesome, just haven't really enjoyed tanking as much as back then lol.

But really, they should be trying crazy shit like this on the last patch of an expansion, if it doesn't work it's all being reset soon anyway
    This.

Had the time of my life tanking as Brewmaster. You could pull of so many cool things with Dave, Transcendence, Spin to Win, etc... fond memories.

I don't like corrupted gear either but that's the price to pay when you play a game that kind of has to reinvent itself every major expansion.

Broken is one thing.

Broken that is randomly acquired through pure dumb luck that either makes or breaks you is garbage.

Broken that has different outcomes between two individuals of the same skill simply because one of those individual's groups is capable of supporting the negative effects is beyond garbage.

Not sure why people are complaining tbh, the broken shit feels fun and it's a final tier and wait until xpac anyways so shouldn't they want to have fun?
    Fun for me is beating people at my fucking job of doing damage. Someone beating me as a worse player because they have better "broken" gear is not fun. Other players having better group support which enables them to tank 2 mill dmg while my group is only capable of coping with maybe 100k extra damage taken is not fun,.

Or are they too busy complaining they haven't gotten some broken shit yet so want to ruin the fun for others(even though everyone will have full BIS corruption in a few months).
    In a few months there will still be outliars of people who don't have corrupted gear. In a few months, everyone will have gotten their easy orange parses SIMPLY BECAUSE they had their corrupted gear while no one else did and the pool wasn't that deep as far as competition yet. News flash: they still show up as orange parses for "best of this tier."

A few months from now, that good player in a scrub will STILL not be able to run 100 corruption because his guild will STILL not be able to heal the damage.

Would of been so much fun to not have no corruption for this tier and instead just be hunting for specific azerite traits that are minimal power boosts... yawn.
    Would have been so much more fun if gear was just like it was in WOTLK, whereby I basically don't have to worry about hunting for it at all. Looter shooters are dumb. Loot-chasing is dumb. People externally motivated by acquisition of things are also dumb. It's all about the internal ego and proving yourself to yourself.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-03 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Broken is fun for those who get broken corruption traits
    Which will literally be everyone soon. In fact if you don't have a good corrupted piece I seriously question how much content you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Broken is one thing.

Broken that is randomly acquired through pure dumb luck that either makes or breaks you is garbage.
    You mean just like Legion legos people wanted back in BFA? LUL Oh wait, corrupted gear is easier and faster to acquire then that. Stop crying and go do some content friend and you can have fun as well.

Would have been so much more fun if gear was just like it was in WOTLK, whereby I basically don't have to worry about hunting for it at all.
    Oh yea just like the good ole days of WoTLK where certain specs where worthless and didn't work without certain trinkets! It was so much better cuz you have nostalgia! lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-03 at 07:49 PM.

You mean just like Legion legos people wanted back in BFA? LUL Oh wait, corrupted gear is easier and faster to acquire then that. Stop crying and go do some content friend and you can have fun as well.
    You mean just like the thing I ALSO incessantly bitched about when it was the current glaring issue?

Also, no. Maybe farming corrupted gear is easier, but you can't guarantee high corruption, the correct role, sockets, etc. You can guarantee very little. At least when legendaries dropped you were guaranteed to never have to worry about it again.

That's what I want. Finishing out the character for a tier so I can focus on parsing without thinking "gee, wonder how well I'd be doing if I had BIS instead of this shit-tier RNG luck?"

In addition, you're asking me to do content that is fucking stupid and right up there with world quests. Bottom tier mobile game type farming content. Stuff that requires basically no skill and where the biggest complaint are (go figure) scrubs with shit internet complaining about how their shit internet is costing them one of their precious runs in the otherwise-guaranteed victory.

When the stability of your internet connection is the biggest threat the activity provides, you know something is wrong.

I just hope they got this new idea out of their system and not do this ever again.
    Corrupted gear just multiplies most bad things about the game:

- RNG on RNG on RNG that makes 410 items with the correct corruption better than a 475 piece with bad corruption
    - Negative effects that can be ignored by some classes but not others
    - Time (corruption increase on cloak) being a higher dps increase than any gear you might get in any other content

All in all it makes power increase of your character undeserved. Itemlevel can basically be removed at this point, since the idea that itemlevel should (in most cases) mean an item is better has been shit on so massively I doubt it is visible under this giant turd of a system.

Perhaps it's my own negative experience with it clouding my judgement, but I expect a massive, massive player exodus way before Shadowlands.
    And with how poorly the BFA launch was, and with the bad taste of this system and the conclusion (lol) of this expansion, I don't see why people should come back.

Anyway, still got 22 days of playtime to see if my mind is changed, but I highly doubt it.

You mean just like the thing I ALSO incessantly bitched about when it was the current glaring issue?

Also, no. Maybe farming corrupted gear is easier, but you can't guarantee high corruption, the correct role, sockets, etc. You can guarantee very little. At least when legendaries dropped you were guaranteed to never have to worry about it again.

That's what I want. Finishing out the character for a tier so I can focus on parsing without thinking "gee, wonder how well I'd be doing if I had BIS instead of this shit-tier RNG luck?"

In addition, you're asking me to do content that is fucking stupid and right up there with world quests. Bottom tier mobile game type farming content. Stuff that requires basically no skill and where the biggest complaint are (go figure) scrubs with shit internet complaining about how their shit internet is costing them one of their precious runs in the otherwise-guaranteed victory.

When the stability of your internet connection is the biggest threat the activity provides, you know something is wrong.
    All I hear is a bunch of salt because some random got streaking stars on his 410 WQ item and you got void ritual on your LFR piece you worked so hard for with 5 stacks of determination.

Do content in the game, you will have the corrupted procs you want in a month or 2. Stop crying about it because you didn't get BIS week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Just being new doesn't make something good or fun. This patch is hot garbage.
    It really is, and the way they've designed it, you can't just ignore it and play as if it never happened, because corrupted gear crops up doing old content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazr View Post
    It really is, and the way they've designed it, you can't just ignore it and play as if it never happened, because corrupted gear crops up doing old content.
    you plan to keep doing uldum and vale / nzoth raid in shadowlands? Must love the content then, whats the problem?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You gotta admit though, as fun as rngeesus is.. seeing healers beat out dps on the meters is PRETTTTTTY damn funny

Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    The only people whining about bis gear acquisition are the people who don't deserve it. If your 415 is better then 445, WEAR THE DAMN 415 and be glad that you have the better piece. OMGZLOL but I needz to haz ilvl equipped highestzorz! Stfu and play and practice the damn game, ilvl is not what's keeping you from getting cutting edge until last days of expansion!
    Soooo why exactly titanforging was a problem then?

I'm slowing coming around to the corruption system. The issue is the acquisition method being randomized. However, it is an improvement on Titanforging.

Here's why:

- There's a cap on how much corruption you can realistically use without significantly impacting your group by getting yourself in trouble
    - You have to make choices about which pieces you wear, which you purify and whether you want additional resistance with an essence
    - Some Nyalotha weapons have a guaranteed affix so you can target the ones you want
    - If you get a shit corruption roll on a good weapon (I have a 475 socketed 2H with tier 2 void ritual) then you can just cleanse it and use an item with better corruption
    - We are going into week 2 of the Mythic raid, and the amount of corrupted pieces players are accumulating are starting to increase to the point where the playing field is leveling out. The early weeks of the patch were bad because the acquisition rate was low and some players had a significant advantage over others (many still do)
    - I don't feel as bummed now if the item I want doesn't corrupt because my corruption budget will be used up on a number of slots