Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Blizzard in 2020:

"This game is an integral part of the Blizzard DNA, with a team that loves Warcraft III, and we’re looking forward to pouring our hearts into Reforged and the Warcraft III community for the long term."

Blizzard in 2021:

"Warcraft III? What's that?"

Meanwhile behind the scenes: "Can you believe we got those idiots to buy Warcraft III again? What else is lying around here that we can throw a coat of paint on and sell?"
    I mean...idiots bought up Classic so why WOULDN'T they remake games to sell them?

Meh, I'm having fun with it. Though I didn't play the old Warcraft III from a long time ago so I was looking to try it now. Easily worth the two wow tokens I threw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I mean...idiots bought up Classic so why WOULDN'T they remake games to sell them?
    To be fair, a lot of people like older classic games so if companies remake them to support current hardware (since some won't run well on it) or upgrade the graphics it's not a bad deal. The problem just comes into advertising and if it meets the expectations set out on what it should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I canceled my pre-order as soon as I found out they went back on the 2018 promises of the game. I'm glad I got my money back and I can understand why so many people are upset now. They didn't advertise their change of direction on the website. There was no email blast that went out to the pre-order customers that said they were walking back the plans for the game. Had I not found out about the changes a month ago and only found out when I booted up the game, I would have been upset too.

What does seem strange to me is the one month delay on the game when they were still releasing an unfinished product anyway. Leaving out multiplayer features from the original game until a future patch makes very little sense when you were already planning a delay. Delaying a couple extra weeks if needed would have avoided having double the negative press on that front.

I'm glad they are offering refunds. Hopefully they will learn from this and not pull this again. I simply won't pre-order any of their products now and wait for reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    At Blizzcon 2018 the plan was to have all the remastered cinematics etc, and that came with the story changes. The community kicked up a stink, and so they walked those changes back, and at Blizzcon 2019 said they wouldn't be changing the story or the cinematics.
    Not everyone follows Blizzcon... or reads MMO-C, or even the Blizzard forums. The fact is, regardless of what was said at Blizzcon 2019 they never changes the advertising for reforged.

Personally I haven’t refunded it yet (or even played it). I’m simply treating Reforged as an open Beta and will wait for the patches. But I can understand why people are salty. You shouldn’t need to watch a Blizzcon stream to know the game you’ve pre-purchased has been changed from what was advertised.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I canceled my pre-order as soon as I found out they went back on the 2018 promises of the game. I'm glad I got my money back and I can understand why so many people are upset now. They didn't advertise their change of direction on the website. There was no email blast that went out to the pre-order customers that said they were walking back the plans for the game. Had I not found out about the changes a month ago and only found out when I booted up the game, I would have been upset too.

What does seem strange to me is the one month delay on the game when they were still releasing an unfinished product anyway. Leaving out multiplayer features from the original game until a future patch makes very little sense when you were already planning a delay. Delaying a couple extra weeks if needed would have avoided having double the negative press on that front.

I'm glad they are offering refunds. Hopefully they will learn from this and not pull this again. I simply won't pre-order any of their products now and wait for reviews.
    The answer is: American companies mostly think in quarters of the year. Especially if they have shareholders.
    (Trust me I work in a big American company myself)
    So they could show a revenue graph with a little peek in January because of the people buying it now.
    They are literally designing their year around a nice course of revenue.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

How the hell they gonna re release a downgrade for a remaster?!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Christ they're good at writing as much as possible to say as little as possible.

"we already said there would be no cutscenes, the rest of the game will get better eventually"

nothing we didn't already know.

except for "oh yeah, no tournaments".
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2020-02-04 at 04:39 AM.

What an absolute joke of a reply. Didn't even touch on the fact that the game is still doing false advertising and trying to draw players in to buy a game that doesn't even have half of the features it says it does on the website.

They failed on Diablo Immortal, Battle for Azeroth, and now Warcraft 3 Reforged. They also botched the Hearthstone debacle with China. It's been a gigantic mess at Blizzard over the past two years. Really shameful to be honest. A total letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedmist View Post
    They failed on Diablo Immortal, Battle for Azeroth, and now Warcraft 3 Reforged. They also botched the Hearthstone debacle with China. It's been a gigantic mess at Blizzard over the past two years. Really shameful to be honest. A total letdown.
    No mention of wow classic?

you could patch this warcraft 3 refunded til your blizzard blue in the face and it would still suck ****

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This happens when you fire 800 QA and CM people and out sourcing to Asian companies.
    (Nothing against Asian companies in general though, they have more integrity than Blizz. Just not happy with out sourcing)

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    Yeah they are great at PR and so don't really need to release a good product. People will "give them time" to fix the game. smh
    I remember when Blizzard released games when they were ready and the games worked. Now not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    This happens when you fire 800 QA and CM people
    This is what happens when people don't inform themselves and just parrot what other people say without fact-checking first.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got my refund, feel good. Campaign is disastrously bad looking and feeling to play. Some custom maps are broken. I never had crashes in classic WC3 multiplayer. Maps like Footmen Frenzy are crushing right and left. Its not enjoyable. Glad blizzard at least dont try to prevent people from refunding. I really dont want to have any business with them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    This is what happens when people don't inform themselves and just parrot what other people say without fact-checking first.
    You just earned 20 Blizzard Shilling Coins.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    This happens when you fire 800 QA and CM people and out sourcing to Asian companies.
    (Nothing against Asian companies in general though, they have more integrity than Blizz. Just not happy with out sourcing)
    They didn’t fire 800 QA or CM blizzard fired around 200 people with only 11 of them being QA.

bs cop out, blaming consumer for not liking what they got. Nothing on selling a product thats being falsely advertised..

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    You just earned 20 Blizzard Shilling Coins.
    I'm sorry if facts offend you.

Not to mention that I wasn't defending Blizzard at all, just pointing out how some people, in their blind zealotry to hate on Blizzard, cling to any and all information about the company's misdeed, regardless if they're real or false.

i could almost imagine the jawdrops in their PR team when they were told what announcement they have to write from their manager

pathetic.

you just secured the safe spot for worst game in 2019 - and it released in january.