Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    So you paid attention to it in blizzcon 2018 and not 2019? If you did you would have known it was changed and could have refunded it then instead
    Yeh I went to blizzcon 2018 in person. With Bfa sucking (not playing) on top of the blitzchung and still being upset with wasting a day off from work and 200 dollars to get to see diablo immortal at last blizzcon I didnt watch the 2019 one. I just saw the mmochamp posts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh I went to blizzcon 2018 in person. With Bfa sucking on top of the blitzchung and still being upset with immortal at last blizzcon I didnt watch the 2019 one. I just saw the mmochamp post.
    Well, don't know what to say about that honestly, I wasn't even paying attention to reforged and still heard they were changing the game. They probably could have communicated better, but I guess they figured people would spread the info

10+ Year Old Account
    1. How could anyone the quarter size of Blizzard screw up so bad?

2. Why Metacritic held to such a high standard but still extremely vulnerable to this reactionary review bombing. I barely trust 'Amazon verified purchases', how can I trust user reviews on Metacritic?

Remakes, remaster, releases, HD versions, etc have been a thing for 2 or 3 console generations now. How do you still mess them up? Low effort is one thing. This..this took effort.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    1. How could anyone the quarter size of Blizzard screw up so bad?

2. Why Metacritic held to such a high standard but still extremely vulnerable to this reactionary review bombing. I barely trust 'Amazon verified purchases', how can I trust user reviews on Metacritic?

Remakes, remaster, releases, HD versions, etc have been a thing for 2 or 3 console generations now. How do you still mess them up? Low effort is one thing. This..this took effort.
    Yep. It took a lot of effort to screw it up this badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outsourcing to a questionable dev, which was pretty cheap apparently, as well as expediting release schedules for stockholders, resulting in an unfinished product entering the market is a recipe for failure. Factoring in it's coming from a developer that used to create magic back in the day, a game of a highly, HIGHLY beloved franchise, results in company confidence tanking. Nevermind all the shady business decisions regarding changing the TOS to prevent a Dota situation, overwriting the old base game, removing old features, banning people asking for a refund, etc etc.

They basically managed to do everything wrong, and fans are right to be pissed.

My opinion of Blizzard was already pretty low to begin with, though somehow they managed to defy my expectations once again. In a way, I'm pleased - I like the blunt reminder that they are no longer the company that I once loved. Warcraft 3 was the game that got me playing WoW in the first place and kept me invested right up until Cataclysm. So I was actually tempted to look into Warcraft 3 Reforged. I held off on a pre-order and I'm glad that I did - because by all accounts it's a complete and utter mess.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Outsourcing to a questionable dev, which was pretty cheap apparently, as well as expediting release schedules for stockholders, resulting in an unfinished product entering the market is a recipe for failure. Factoring in it's coming from a developer that used to create magic back in the day, a game of a highly, HIGHLY beloved franchise, results in company confidence tanking. Nevermind all the shady business decisions regarding changing the TOS to prevent a Dota situation, overwriting the old base game, removing old features, banning people asking for a refund, etc etc.

They basically managed to do everything wrong, and fans are right to be pissed.
    Pretty sure they outsourced to the same dev that worked on sc remaster

If people in earnest claim WC3: Reforged to be the worst game of all time, then they haven't played all that many games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    And today they said on a blue post the cinematics being crappier was "intended" to replicate and to not ruin the nostalgia.
    Pahahah
    Can you believe that? "Intended" ? LooL
    Can you imagine the users backlash if they actually took the time to animate the cutscenes like they have shown in 2018? Instead of the traditional just having characters stand there with the floating portraits talking?

Intended ... intended not to spend an extra second of work on it, outside of adding the new models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    You are outright advocating lying here!
    Not at all, understand that everything pre-release is up for debate. Just because a dev shows off a feature a year before the release, doesn't mean that it is guaranteed to be in the game. This is life and this is the industry, whether you like it or not. Now the whole them advertising the changed cinematic on the website is a different thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Pretty sure they outsourced to the same dev that worked on sc remaster
    But wasn't SC remaster basically just upgrading sprites to higher resolutions?

Let me start off by saying I've been an eternal fan of the game. I've literally spent months playing this game, and it has been a constant interest for me over multiple years, which is more than I can say of most of the games I own. I have the 1500 random wins portrait in RoC unlocked, which given my measly ~49% winrate, puts me at >3000 random race games alone, and I have quite a few with races chosen as well. So I'd say around 4500-5000 ladder games, and that is only ladder games. I can't count the amount of time spent in custom games. Given most of the games will have lasted 20-40 minutes, well, you can do the math. I didn't quite play tft as much, but I liked that as well, played the whole campaign, played a few tournaments, played a little ladder...well,whatever,you get the idea. I did at one point hold the rank 1 of the roc ffa ladder(not that impressive, given that tft already had been released at that point, but still quite a few people were playing roc at that point), and it was one of my personal greatest gaming achievements.

Early last year(I think it was, correct me if I'm wrong), they removed the possibility to play roc online. No announcement, no compensation, 1500-win-portrait byebye. Well, I was mad, but I thought oh well, very few people were still playing that anyway. So, I got into tft, played the beta as well afterwards, read up on strategies, to prepare for the reforged ffa ladder.

I was psyched for reforged, figuring the beta was mainly for technical issues, and the online features would just be taken from tft/roc. I read before, that you can link your old account, and I had a little hope, my 1500 win portrait might find its way into the new game, even though that's on tft and not on roc, but who knows.
    I logged in, didn't find anything ladder related, and figured I might have to do a versus - ffa game to get it to show. I won my first, still hyped, and realized nothing showed, no profile, no ladder, nothing. Asked in chat, and got confirmed. I tried linking my old account to reforged later that day. It told me the account information was invalid. Now I didn't have logged into roc for some time(obviously cause that wasn't even possible, it stated use tft for online play), but I had logged in into tft quite a few times in the last 3 months. On none of these logins, was I shown the message, that my account would get deleted if not in use for 90days. They already fucked my D2 account with that policy change(it used to be your account and characters would only get deleted, if someone else chose the same name), without announcing it, but it can't be the cause here, because I actually DID login in the last 3 months, so well, guess something bugged there too.

So, given all that, here's my 2 cents:

To be fair if the game was just called Warcraft, and didn't have any predecessors, and wasn't a reforged version of an existing game and the universe it's settled in would be unknown it might get around a 5/10.

But that viewpoint doesn't really work in this case.
    As was mentioned countless times in this thread, it's a "reforged" version of an existing game, which was easily 9-10/10. Metacritic lists RoC at 9.2 which is well deserved in my opinion.
    While the reforged version did beautify graphics, it took away core features of the game, and even made it impossible to play any of the two original games in the state they were playable up to a few months/weeks ago.
    Releasing a new game with a few bugs, that get polished in a few patches in the first days isn't anything unusual and I'd consider it usual practice and nothing to be mad about. Releasing a reforged game, that takes away competitive gaming, clans,profiles and such on top of the bugs deserves bad press and mad reactions.

Imagine they'd release a reforged Heroes of the Storm. Only it'd cost you 30€/$, you could no longer play the old hots, and the only possible way of playing would be vs the AI. People would rage, blizzard would earn a shitstorm, and rightfully so.

With that being said, obviously rating it as the worst game of all times, is an overreaction. Anything between 2 and 4/10 would be plausible I guess. However, it's an overreaction that is understandable. It would have been really easy to please people, with the ressources Blizzard has at hand. Keeping the CORE features roc and tft had would have been easy. Time should have been invested on improving matchmaking maybe, but the ladder/profile/clan features were all widely loved imho. They also could have brought an option to choose between the old cutscenes and campaign story lines, and introducing new ones, given that with cgi so much would have been possible(saurfang cinematics come to mind). With the finances they have at hand, the old voice actors(if possible) could have been hired, and some truly amazing trailers, cut scenes, etc. could have been made.
    Blizzard is being like "we were just trying to react to the criticism of our fans", but they aren't, the outrage during the beta was huge, and almost nothing changed.
    So what's being rated as 0.5/10 isn't really the game, it's the slap in the face of their fans.

Imagine you'd be a huge Stones fan. Imagine some 15 years ago, you followed them for a few concerts on one of their tours and it was the best music you ever heard. There'd be a concert announced in your town, you'd be really hyped and preorder it asap. The concert begins, and you get 5 songs of playback Stones music, while the band is sitting in wheelchairs, before they leave. Now some people might argue, that rating The Rolling Stones on what-ever-page-there-is-for-music-critics.com 0/10 for their music is childish rage, cause after all the music you heard was great, but for you, after their concert, after the hype you had I'd agree. Yeah I know, best analogy ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    think it supports 4k res now but mainly texture upgrade.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

This is another example of why user scores are ridiculous. While there are very serious issue with the remaster, it's still essentially the RTS that killed the genre. (The remaster is just a coat of paint on a masterpiece)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And the Malaysian company only did the artwork. They even stress that.

SC remaster was publicized as simply that - a graphical upgrade and integration with modern BNet. They did it and was well received. As no one expected more.

Oh wait, they advertised much more for WC3:R and nothing of that is in game. Meanwhile people that didn't buy it are subject to the same issues because they upgraded the base client.

The reaction is well due, even if extreme.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The reaction is well due, even if extreme.
    It seems like it may be time for this statue to go down.

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

There are few things I hate more than review-bombing, maybe I am being pedantic but you can't review a fucking product if you haven't tried it.

I get that people are upset and this is how they lash out, but that doesn't mean that review-bombing suddenly stops being a personal pet peeve of mine.

Its an average game, if I were to give it a score it would probably be 5/10 or 6/10, because they sorely underdelivered but I am still enjoying playing through the campaign and noticing the slight and not so slight changes here and there.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-02-04 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the game is pretty much the same with prettier graphics. The developers obviously didn't have play testers since I found some major balancing problems with the single payer difficulties. It is a disappointment that they went 180 and gave us a HD remaster instead of the promised "Reforged". Guess they just ran out of time.

But I think the biggest problem was the lack of communication. There was dead silence for nearly a year. No updates to the game, no beta until the very end of 2019 - and in my opinion this how the anger started to fester.

Blizzard should of just delayed the Reforged campaign (advertised) and give us the skin job we have now in the mean time.

The game is half assed, so Ill give it a 5/10.

Why people are so upset about brigading when it clearly happens in reverse constantly.....I have no idea

No one is getting paid to give negative reviews.

Which means they're almost always more trust able than positive ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    There are few things I hate more than review-bombing, maybe I am being pedantic but you can't review a fucking product if you haven't tried it.

I get that people are upset and this is how they lash out, but that doesn't mean that review-bombing suddenly stops being a personal pet peeve of mine.

Its an average game, if I were to give it a score it would probably be 5/10 or 6/10, because they sorely underdelivered but I am still enjoying playing through the campaign and noticing the slight and not so slight changes here and there.
    Your view would make sense if you reacted to every echo chamber that gave a game an artificially high score.

Lot more fake positive than negative reviews out there in the world people. Open your eyes lol