Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I just wish I wouldn't get the constant pop ups about essence slot on my profession alts that have total 1 essence because I had to do Nazjatar intro to unlock the profession plans from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I just wish I wouldn't get the constant pop ups about essence slot on my profession alts that have total 1 essence because I had to do Nazjatar intro to unlock the profession plans from there.
    If that's all you did then you aren't getting the notification unless you did it this patch because when you do the quest line you get an essence to put in. Secondly you can get the recipes without doing that specific quest line (my alts did it at the start). Lastly, it's not hard to get a second essence if you did it this patch. It's something you could easily fix in about 10-15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How can you say "there is always that one guy who desperately wants his argument to be true..." and then post false/pointless information?

First off, it doesn't matter to ANY degree to compare crucible and CLF. Like, nothing you said changed my point at all, which was that the power difference between rank 1 and rank 3 was tremendous. So unless your point about Crucible somehow changes that, it's irrelevant.

And past that, Crucible wasn't better than R3 Condensed Life force in 8.2. It doesn't matter fight length. It was the fact that it lines up with so many class's biggest CD perfectly. Now after it was nerfed? Sure, maybe there's a few situations. There's a reason every single guide suggested it once you got rank 3.

If you think the leech has never saved anyone's life on Lucid Dreams, then I would say you've never tanked an M+. And again, you're being a tad bit dishonest to try to make extreme statements here by putting it in terms of "being immortal". It is again, about how large the gap is between rank 1 and rank 3 in terms of power.

And again, this is about the idea of "not needing" it.

To put the final hole in this-

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#w..._view=essences

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#r..._view=essences

Need I keep going? Almost every single case, a rank 1 does not come ANYWHERE close to a rank 3 in terms of pure output.

So unless you're going to somehow prove that Rank 1 essences are just as effective as Rank 3, I would suggest backing off before trying to claim someone else is being desperate.
    i get the feeling you're a little slow up in the head hm?

but in the end...you're probably right...or will beat me to death with 30k posts or something until you're "right".
    so... have your opinion i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It's something you could easily fix in about 10-15 minutes.
    I have 12 max level chars, 2 with essences rest without, so that's still looking at 2h+ of "just fixing the annoyance", but genuinely curious which one takes 10 mins?

What, you want LESS grind at a time when WoW has nothing to offer for the next 9 months BUT only grind?

Oh, you sweet summer child.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know what else should be account wide?
    rep

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I have 12 max level chars, 2 with essences rest without, so that's still looking at 2h+ of "just fixing the annoyance", but genuinely curious which one takes 10 mins?
    If you have skips up to the first assault takes about 10 minutes and then the actual assault maybe 5-10 minutes? Depending on speed and how quickly you do the bonus objectives.

Islands takes around 4-8 minutes so at most 30 minutes at the minimum maybe 20 minutes.

Mechagon Workshop heroic is 10 minute or less run unless you get a slow tank.

+4 dungeon is about 15-20 minutes? Depending on which one and group.

There are a few other easy ones to get just probably take around 30 minutes or so of work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Not to mention that in the coming weeks with the increased Catch-up mechanic, alts may have neck at lvl 75 by just doing intro content.
    That itself will take a solid number of weeks. But still, while you do have to do a bit extra, getting rank 1 is not that hard.

Lucid Dreams - Slightly time gated as you need to days of dailies, but possible to do it in a few hours with some mob grinding (Personally, I feel that Blizz needs to double the XP given for followers, so you get 200 per daily, 150 for the epic bark, and 100 for all the rest).

Unshackled rep - It's quite possible to hit honored in a single day if you can do the pet battles. Otherwise, you are looking at a few days of dailies.

Mechagon rep - Bah. Requires several days of dailies to just get rank 1, not to mention the cost to buy the essences themselves.

Conflict and Strife - Probably one of the easiest, as all you have to do is hit conquest cap, which you should do for those sexy 440 weapons with a shot at 445 corrupted gears. Rank 2 requires 11 arena wins. Rank 3 requires 3-5 weeks of conquest capping (Probably looking at 5)

BGs - The hardest part really is the Island win. Epic and 10 man BG should be par for the course since you'll be capping conquest for C&S. However, rank 2/3 are without doubt the essence ranks that require the most time investment.

M+Raid essences - Definetly not for alts

Mechagon - Just need 1 run, then you can do +2 pugs for the rest of it.

Overall, some rank 1s can be done in a day. A few rank 2s can also be done in a day, and even a handful of rank 3s, though most rank 3s will need someone to carry you to get them done in a day. Overall, Blizz needs to streamline some of the essences - Mechagon reps, for instance, should only cost 100 spare parts EACH, with 1 crate for rank 2, and 2 crates+oscillator for rank 3.

XP for followers doubled across the board.

PvP Island removed from criteria. Honor required reduced by 75%.

For the M+, rank 1 needs to be available immediately on completing ANY M+, even 2s, even if time expires. Rank 2s come from +4 on time. Rank 3 stays the same.

For EP essences, instant rank 1 upon killing any EP boss, even in LFR. 2/3 can remain the same.

OVerall, I feel those changes should make getting 4 rank 1 essences much easier, and even a number of rank 2s. Rank 3s, imo, should require a good bit of time.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2020-02-04 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Mechagon - Just need 1 run, then you can do +2 pugs for the rest of it.
    You need 2 heroic runs. 1 for each rank. After that 4 +2's which is possible or you could try for heroic and hope for a drop.

For EP essences, instant rank 1 upon killing any EP boss, even in LFR. 2/3 can remain the same.
    Huh? Is that a change you are wanting to see? Because that isn't the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need 2 heroic runs. 1 for each rank. After that 4 +2's which is possible or you could try for heroic and hope for a drop.

Huh? Is that a change you are wanting to see? Because that isn't the case.
    Hrmm, wasn't aware that you can get rank 1/2 from heroic, thought it required mythic.

For EP, yes - ATM, you get a certain amount of Aqueous Reliquary from the wing-end bosses - Radiance, Queen's Court, and Queen Azshara. A casual player who ONLY does LFR will need to do LFR for 3 weeks to get rank 1 of any. 2 weeks if you only do normal. JUST for rank 1. While it is now no longer difficult to do heroic EP, that's still quite a bit for an essence.

Thus - Rank 1 of the EP essences only requires a single boss kill no matter the difficulty. Rank 2/3 requiring a bit more time is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good middle ground for Blizzard wanting to gate essences for retention rates and also keeping the players happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You don't need Exalted anymore to get Rank 3, which means you can get it done in a week, maybe 2 if you don't do *everything*.
    And Rank 2 probably on Day 1-2.
    You cannot get rank 3 in a week, wtf are you talking about. Nazjatar essences (specifically the essence tied to follower XP) is minimum 3 weeks (doing every quest every day), as is the rep essence.
    Last edited by Temp1on2; 2020-02-13 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    You cannot get rank 3 in a week, wtf are you talking about. Nazjatar essences (specifically the essence tied to follower XP) is minimum 3 weeks (doing every quest every day), as is the rep essence.
    They nerfed the follower ones. You now need 2,400 instead of 3,000 and 4,800 instead of 6,000. There are also multiple ways to rank up your followers through the various items so you can do it in about two weeks, maybe slightly less if you have nice RNG with the murlocs and everything dropping every day. Even then you are looking at 8 days for Rank 2 and 16 days for Rank 3 if you did absolutely nothing else.

Conflict and Strife - Probably one of the easiest, as all you have to do is hit conquest cap, which you should do for those sexy 440 weapons with a shot at 445 corrupted gears. Rank 2 requires 11 arena wins. Rank 3 requires 3-5 weeks of conquest capping (Probably looking at 5)
    Just to correct this one. You don't need 11 arena wins to get rank 2 for Conflict, you need 1k rating. Not only that, but you need 15 shards and 1k rating only gives 1 shard each week which means you need to cap conquest 15 weeks to get rank 3, unless you get higher rating.

1400-1599 is 3 shards
    1600-1799 is 5 shards
    1800-2099 is 6 shards
    2100-2399 is 8 shards
    2400+ is 10 shards

I think it is time to get essences account wide and not only rank 1. Or maybe get an account wide currency just by playing your main and the currency can be used to buy all the essences the main has.

wow.gamepedia.com -> Alt
    Is there an official definition of what an alt is ? There are lots of discussions about the difference between an alt and a second main. I find it sad that WoW has such great endgame content with M+, Mythic raid and PvP but they require endless boring chores that nobody really enjoyed doing.

I used to play lots of alts to have all roles ready to help guildies do different kind of content. Now I just play my main because I can't find the strength to force myself into that shit content on another character. Farming AP and reputation is not hard, it is just boring and time gated. That's just not fun.

That's just too bad really, I don't understand Blizzard stubbornness. Alt is free content for them, they don't have to implement anything new. It keeps the game varied. I am kinda bored with my main at the moment and I cancelled my sub. I still have 3 months left, hopefully they change their mind. Game should be fun, I don't come from work to work on other chores in a game.

I dont need them acc wide but the timegating should be removed on alts. Why should I again wait 3 weeks for Iris or Worldvein? Strife rank 3 is taking 5 weeks on 1400 rat. Lucid dream takes almost month for rank 3 if you're doing the 3 quests every day. Not to mention elemental from EP. That's just stupid.
    Right now when you level up you can't do anything but grind for 3 weeks or more

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Cool. Do some content on that alt and get them essences maybe? They shouldn't be handed to you.
    you are absolutely right it shouldn't be handed to you, but you should not be forced to prioritize old content over new content to be able to play the new content due to mandatory rental powers. If this is something you enjoy, go play classic. Wow has not been like that in years, up until legion with shitty legendaries and now bfa with even worse essences

I would have had no problem unlocking essences if i could do it 8.3 content, and not be forced back to timegated 8.2 content, which btw i did to death on my main and a few alts back then. I even got the crab mount, so i have done nazjatar more than enough

Blizzard could just have made essences drop as boe tokens in visions or invasions. Get a boa rank 1 worldvein if you have unlocked rank 2 etc.

They nerfed the follower ones. You now need 2,400 instead of 3,000 and 4,800 instead of 6,000.
    I know. you cannot gain rank 3 in a week as the person I quoted stated.

16 days for Rank 3 if you did absolutely nothing else.
    Which is....exactly what I said.

Essences aren't keeping me from playing the game but they certainly aren't helping me want to play either. I simply can't do scheduled raiding for the foreseeable future which leaves pugging and mythic plus, areas of the game that aren't exactly exciting to me as a past progression raider. If I'm going to be doing content I don't find entirely fulfilling then I want to make it more fulfilling by broadening the experience with different roles, classes, and specs. Essences not being account-bound and having to farm out essences on every character, which I have one of each class at 120 by this point since I haven't raided since Jaina, just means I'm further discouraged from playing the game. Especially when you tack on AP, gear, and whatever the hell the new systems added in are.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I have 22 120s, ranging from 425 ilevel to 457, 13 of which have their Wrathion cloak and all of which have at least 4-5 essences.

But please, tell me again how only the people with no alts are the only ones rebutting this lazy and entitled argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. If I want something for my lock, I will go get it for my lock. I don't sit here screeching 'reeeeeee my lock should have all the stuff my warrior has!!!!'

BFA has a long list of problems - for me it has been the 2nd worst expansion released so far - but having to put in a modicum of effort to get some essences on alts ain't one of them.

edit: fixed the 110 typo
    With 22 120's, you're the example of a player who's addicted hard to the game and needs the grind and other similar things to feel better when playing the game. It's entirely normal for you to wish the same on others, that's just how addicts function.
    For people who organically play the game on 1-5 alts (or maybe 6-7) and are not addicted to the grind like you are, it's just a pointless slow burn that's entirely unnecessary and can be fixed just by making it more convenient.
    For people so vehemently against account wide essences, would you personally be at a loss if they were to be made account wide at any point? Do you fee like something's being taken away from you when that happens? If the answer to that is a yes, then you are someone with an unhealthy pride or obsession with your character's progress and time investment, to the point where you want others to suffer just as you have.

It's simple - If I main a DK and decide to swap to a Mage because my class/spec is gimped and I no longer enjoy playing it because of blizzard's balancing and design issues, then I shouldn't be gated in terms of being provided the most basic tools for my class/spec on my alt to perform at an acceptable level in entry content. The way things stand, there's a very large difference between having no Lucid Dreams, and to having rank 3, to the point where Combustion which is THE cooldown on a fire mage, feels bad to press. That is the issue that essences were introduced to fix, and as such should not be gated.
    Plain and simple.
    This was just 1 example obviously, but could be applied to X other class with Y essence. Take your picks.

In no other expansion have you ever been denied your basic class tools that you need to function. The only aspect you ever needed to catch up on was gear. Essences =/= gear, they are a fix for broken classes.