Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beergod View Post
    Bumping this just because it seems like people have forgotten that the game is STILL unplayable for thousands of players on Macs.

This is still an issue.

The post on the wow forums has generated over 1700 replies and only a few Blue replies. With no real progress. For weeks now this has been a problem, why?
    If you understood computer programming, you would know that possible whys. Issues like this don't always have an easy fix. Also, you bumpiung a thread here does nothing but wate your time. It isn't going to get your problem fixed any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ecospherez View Post
    Or.... hear me out here. Some people buy a Mac for work/university/design and then can’t afford to buy a PC for gaming. Regardless it should work.

To OP. I have both, I use my 2019 27 iMac for work and other stuff. I have a PC too but I just Cba re logging to another computer so I just play wow on my Mac. Mine is fine.
    Not really true, its pretty easy to find a pc with better hardware for less cost then a Mac pro, only thing you miss out on is that overpriced apple logo, so if you want to play games buy a pc instead and save some money.

As someone who uses a Mac solely at work...this is your own fault. The writing has been on the wall that Macs are not gaming machines for years now. Overwatch isn't even supported.

There is literally nothing a Mac can do that a PC can't these days. You made the choice, probably based on looks, to buy a Mac that costs twice what the equivalent PC costs. It's on you. Try Bootcamp or Parallels if that's even still a thing.

Blizzard isn't going to prioritize an issue that only affects 1% of it's player base, and can you really blame them?

Quote Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
    Funny.

I play on Linux and have noticed no difference since patch. Steady 200 fps, drops to ~60-70 in raids.

TFW you play on Linux through an emulation layer (not really, but you get the point) and get more performance than mac users playing on a mac native version. At least you didn't pay for your system though, right? Oh. Wait! LMAO.
    Imagine being a Linux fanboy in 2020

Blizzard ain't gonna touch this shit unless they magically stumble upon it. Just like Epic games stopped support for MacOS and Linux in Rocket League, it's just not feasible in any shape or form

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who mostly uses PCs. Geez, community.. Stop the poor tone towards Mac users. Blizzard has advertised that it has a Mac client for WoW and is even mentioned as a major partner by Apple. To my understanding that client usually works fine and has for over a decade, but is now broken. That simply points to shitty QA as with all things 8.3 and Blizzard in general nowadays.

Be pissed alongside the Mac userbase instead. They're being treated badly by blizzard, they shouldn't be by you.
    Last edited by Wries; 2020-02-04 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Imagine being a Linux fanboy in 2020
    Hey now, Linux popularity has exploded in recent years. There's now distros created for easy gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Hello! Has everyone been enlightened by the fact that 8.3 is unplayable for a majority of Mac users. Players are reporting that they cannot do ANY instanced content ie. BG's, Mythic+, Raid etc. And it now seems to be seeping into outdoor content:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ring-after-83/

Thoughts on this unmitigated disaster?
    sitting next to my g/f right now playing on her macbook air with 0 issues since release.

what are you on about? what is happening to others in instanced content?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    still is unplayable for some pc users, freezing and lag is bullshit in 8.3 zones
    I've only had lag when Ruin is in Naz.
    Maybe it's not Blizzard, but your ISP?

I remember thinking back in WoD that the Mac client was held together with scotch tape and prayers. It plays OK from a USB stick if you want to have a small boot camp partition and not have to take the ever growing WoW client size into account.

Blizzard treating their Mac player base like shit isn't new. They invited people to come be shitty to them after telling they they didn't care if they stayed or left back in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    sitting next to my g/f right now playing on her macbook air with 0 issues since release.

Could be specific hardware causing it. I guess it's a lot of hard freezing

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Hey now, Linux popularity has exploded in recent years. There's now distros created for easy gaming
    Yeah but still...

Nothing against Linux, but after being for sooo long on the internet now, it has become quite annoying seeing all these off-topic linux fanboy comments.

I mean just look at this thread: OP has been running WoW on a Mac for probably a very long time, but now he has some major issues with the latest patch. 90% of all comments are just off-topic and discuss how Mac's aren't for gaming, how they suck etc, or in the case of the guy I replied to: He is bragging that he is running WoW on Linux (through an emulator) and how it is running so well (and even says that it would run better than on a mac even though he has no idea).... like 1.) who cares and 2.) what does this have to do with the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    As someone who mostly uses PCs. Geez, community.. Stop the poor tone towards Mac users. Blizzard has advertised that it has a Mac client for WoW and is even mentioned as a major partner by Apple. To my understanding that client usually works fine and has for over a decade, but is now broken. That simply points to shitty QA as with all things 8.3 and Blizzard in general nowadays.

Be pissed alongside the Mac userbase instead. They're being treated badly by blizzard, they shouldn't be by you.
    Why? All the mac users are doing is thjrowing temper tantrums. No player should be siding with that.

As software becomes more and more complex, its only fair for developers to focus there resources where it makes sense. Now a days you can slap together a good gaming desktop together for cheap...AMD 1600F, maybe a 1650 super, and some high speed ram...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I've only had lag when Ruin is in Naz.
    Maybe it's not Blizzard, but your ISP?
    it was fine a couple of hours before patch 8.3 drop it

maybe it is blizzard bad optimization

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Why? All the mac users are doing is thjrowing temper tantrums. No player should be siding with that.
    Fuck off you piece of shit blizzard shill. They ADVERTISE that this game works on all macs, SO IT SHOULD WORK.

Look, it’s fucking obvious that sometimes bugs happen, but this game has been UNPLAYABLE FOR 3 WEEKS NOW for a SIGNIFICANT portion of their player base. MANY people play WoW on macs, so fuck the right fuck off with your BULLSHIT

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I play on a Mac ... a MacBook Pro. Haven't had any issues since the BfA beta. I actually noticed a bit of increase in performance with 8.3.
    Same honestly. It’s been fine for me, so maybe it’s certain models/certain graphics cards that are having issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, when a company says they support an OS then they should support an OS (despite how large or small the portion of players are).

From experience they do tend to take their time with Mac fixes, but they also do respond when people have issues though. They have such a smaller Mac team so issues to get pushed to the back and it can be frustrating - I’ve found fixes to stuff before they have in the past before, it is usually the players that respond with them before they find them themselves.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This issue is not Mac specific, lot of PC users bleeding from this and no cure for it yet there either.

Blizz has NO IDEA what is causing this, they just are posting the default message to lower setting, set to DX11 legacy, which only delay or less the Freezes, but not eliminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to prioritize an issue that only affects 1% of it's player base, and can you really blame them?
    Citation needed.

Incidentally, your original post is incorrect. There's nothing a PC can do that a Mac can't (assuming you want to contaminate it with Windows, that is).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post

Google is a wonderful tool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah sure we should be super chill not being able to play for weeks (and at this time possible month+). Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2020-02-04 at 11:10 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06