Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I 100% believe that Blizzard is still more than capable of making a great game, so yes I believe they can make a good expansion. Whether they actually will use that capability has yet to be seen, though Shadowlands does seem to have some cool stuff that I'm interested in.

They make questionable design decisions sometimes, so we'll see, but I honestly believe they are capable of doing amazing stuff.

One thing Bellular said in a video that I think is very true (just citing where I heard it, think what you want about the guy and his channel). Blizzard is best when they stick to simple, straight forward, "cool," fun stories rather than a bunch of convoluted, complex, subtle and/or complicated stuff trying to tell a deep story. Hopefully Shadowlands is more in line with that idea than what they tried with BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Legion had a lot of huge problems.

Legiondaries, M+ grind, AP grind, titanforging, world quest grind. These systems are terrible.

I think all of those systems were revolutionary just executed slightly poorly. Should have only been warforging, m+ you didnt really HAVE to do at all but gave you something to do. World quests was an extra thing to do if you wanted and legendaries, apart from massive RNG were dope as hell. The system at the end of legion where you could buy the tokens was how it should have been all expac. To the question though, I have absolutely zero faith blizzard will deliver but I do have faith that no other game studio will release anything thats good either so I will default to WoW like always.
    Last edited by Kyletheboss; 2020-02-04 at 03:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    the only thing that will change blizzard mind is our pockets.
    Completely agree. We, as customers, earn nothing by just complaining. It's when we stop giving them our hard earned $$$ that they start to care.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Legiondaries, M+ grind, AP grind, titanforging, world quest grind. These systems are terrible.
    those systems you call terrible, me and my friends enjoyed a lot. I dont understand some people, if they hated legion, BFA is literally legion 0.5 then they should have hated BFA even more, and no need to say those same people hated WoD as well. and I bet some of them even hated MoP, you see a pattern like this, you realize maybe some peoples problem isnt the pack, but the game as a whole.

I don't get all the BFA hate. I mean, yeah the story was pretty shittastic, but everything else has been fine.

Nazjatar was one of the coolest looking zones ever created, and all the raids have been on point. Even BOD which i thought was a stupid idea at first ended up being very enjoyable.

They did not release anything good since WotLK so no, i do not believe that it will suddenly change.

Legion was well received and we still haven't had two shit expansions in a row. If Shadowlands sucks then we can worry.

They have the potential to do so even if the Wow Dev talent is extremely thin and Activision is consistently blazing a path of disappointment and stupidity. But, its not something I'd bet on, matter of fact I'd bet against Shadowlands being a good or even decent xpac. They say there will not be an AP grind, I don't believe them now, not after the whole Warcraft debacle. They say they'll be fixing the classes which is desperately needed, but I think they'll simply retread old abandoned spells/ abilities and not introduce a lot of new stuff. Add in the fact - Shadowlands is ridiculously sparse on new features and I don't have faith in Blizzard. I'd put the odds at 60/40 Shadowlands will suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    They either deliver a good experience with Shadowlands or... I'll look to greener pastures
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most played time I had in MoP, in Cata a bit less, in Legion a lot less and in BfA I unsubbed and I don't think I will come back because I believe the classes will stay like this and I hate it. Maybe I am just burned out I don't know but I am 0% hyped about Shadowlands, I don't even care about a new expansion. But i still like to read about the news, what is happening and to watch stuff like the Race to World First right now.

But if people enjoy BfA and like it, it is okay since every human enjoys different stuff.

Legendaries were only bad for try-hards that had guilds making them farm for them, for the vast majority of players it was actually fun when you got one for the most part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well since WoD, Legion and BfA all sucked i don't see them making anything good any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Legendaries were only bad for try-hards that had guilds making them farm for them, for the vast majority of players it was actually fun when you got one for the most part.
    Speaking as someone who was not in a try hard guild, no they were not fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    With all the recent fiascos, I do admire those who still have faith.

Personally, I lost all faith before BfA even started. For some foolish reason I had preordered the game. But then I saw how shit BfA was in beta, and I wanted to cancel my preorder. But it was too late, since I had made an allied race. But no biggie, right? The game will release and it will all be fine, just have faith, it's only beta.

BfA was a truly horrible fiasco. I think people see Legion as good only because of how bad BfA was. Legion was bad, it introduced many of the horrible systems of BfA, but Bfa was on a whole other level of horrible.
    First, I've lost faith in Blizz for a long time.

Second, Legion was definitely a step up from WoD. Legion was definitely not the best expansion ever released by Blizz (still a long ways behind either Wrath or BC), but it represented a good deal more effort by Blizz than what came before or after. From an effort perspective, Legion was an anomaly. Blizz spending on WoW peaked with Wrath and has been decaying ever since.

I think the primary reason that you may think Legion was bad because of BfA misunderstands how Legion worked and what Blizz did with Legion systems to repurpose them in BfA. Legion systems worked reasonably well because the Legion systems were designed more holistically. The systems couldn't work if you took away several key parts...e.g. the artifact was important to that system and how characters operated. Blizz took that system and pulled it apart, essentially thinking that if they kept the engine, you didn't need the wheels on the car anymore...and Blizz went back to low spending by not even considering that the wheels needed to be replaced by something else. You can see the result in BfA today.

Is this really worthy of admiration ?

I have faith Blizzard can make a good expansion. I have seen too many amazing raids, zones, and dungeons recently to think otherwise. I think Blizzard needs to come up with some new strong characters instead of trying to make these weak ancillary characters something they aren't.

Considering that I think BFA is good, yes.

Oh and good doesn't mean it doesn't have major problems, BFA have major glaring flaws, but I have enjoyed running M+ dungeons and doing the raids, so its good enough for me to stay subbed.

I miss when Blizzard made WOW.

I have no faith in Activision to make a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    They have the potential to do so even if the Wow Dev talent is extremely thin and Activision is consistently blazing a path of disappointment and stupidity. But, its not something I'd bet on, matter of fact I'd bet against Shadowlands being a good or even decent xpac. They say there will not be an AP grind, I don't believe them now, not after the whole Warcraft debacle. They say they'll be fixing the classes which is desperately needed, but I think they'll simply retread old abandoned spells/ abilities and not introduce a lot of new stuff. Add in the fact - Shadowlands is ridiculously sparse on new features and I don't have faith in Blizzard. I'd put the odds at 60/40 Shadowlands will suck.
    I wouldn't put too much hope into Blizz fixing classes. They already made it clear, that there will be no major class overhauls and most returning abilities we saw seem to be either highly situational flavor abilities, in the case of the returning mage abilities even just flavor abilities that will likely have no use in the rotation, or pure support abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I miss when Blizzard made WOW.

I have no faith in Activision to make a good expansion.
    Out of curiosity, what is your favorite expansion?

Because Activision-Blizzard has existed since 2007 and made official 2008 which is the majority of the lifespan of WoW.
    Last edited by babyback; 2020-02-04 at 06:27 PM.

Personally, I lost all faith before BfA even started. For some foolish reason I had preordered the game. But then I saw how shit BfA was in beta, and I wanted to cancel my preorder. But it was too late, since I had made an allied race. But no biggie, right? The game will release and it will all be fine, just have faith, it's only beta.

BfA was a truly horrible fiasco. I think people see Legion as good only because of how bad BfA was. Legion was bad, it introduced many of the horrible systems of BfA, but Bfa was on a whole other level of horrible.
    Yes because they have all been good to me. People need to stop acting like their opinion i s fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    can they? yes. everyone can do everything, the problem is not everyone wants to. in the case of blizzard, they can. it's a question of will they feel like making a good expac.
    This is nonsense. They ALWAYS feel like making a good expansion.