Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

What level will we get flying post-squish?

Has Blizzard stated this? The natural guess, I think, would be 30, but I could see anywhere between 25 and 40 depending on how Blizzard feel.

This may well have significant impact on what expansion people choose to level in, as Vanilla/TBC/Wrath/Cata/MoP will mean you can just fly at X level, where the others will require pathfinder. And I bet way more people have Legion pathfinder than, say, WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good question, guess we will have to wait and see since not a lot of information is available right now.
    I would assume if pathfinder is required, it still will be required on your account since that's how it works now, I don't think that will change.

I would guess around level 20, depending on where the level range for places like Deepholm or Storm peaks fall in the new levelling system.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can level up in BFA at level 10 for example, it should be lvl 10.

Probably level 10 considering that’s when you can start leveling in Outland, Northrend etc

Would be weird if they make you wait until 20 or 30

My first thought was it would be rather at the end, 50 or even 60.
    But several zones require flying, especially in BC, wotlk and cata. Obviously there are other zones you could level in, or they could rework those zones. But more likely is that we will get flying with 10.

5+ Year Old Account
    They should make it available at level 10. Zones like Storm Peaks or Icecrown (and most of Cata) were made with flight in mind - and you will be questing there now. The objective iirc was that you would finish one expansion worth of quests, and reach level 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more curious how fast players are going to level up, getting flying at 10 or 20 sounds pretty outrageous with current lvling speed in mind, i'd love to get an idea of how much time the average player would have to spend to get to max level

Wont be a level requirement, you will pay $30 per expansion for the privilege, or it will be free with a 12 month sub.

I'd almost guarantee it's level 10 given the plan they have for leveling, at least for veteran players.

For new players? I'd guess level 50 is when they unlock the ability to buy flying in all pre-Pathfinder areas, because leveling will occur through the most recent expansion which doesn't require flying, and then Pathfinder areas will retain their pathfinder requirements.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Probably level 10 considering that’s when you can start leveling in Outland, Northrend etc

Would be weird if they make you wait until 20 or 30
    You can only start there if you're a veteran player that has a max level character (or close to max level anyway...not 100% sure the actual level requirement).

New players are being forced to level from 10-50 in BfA zones, for Shadowlands at least. What happens after Shadowlands is still largely unknown.

I can guarantee it's level 20.

In 9.0 it will be level 10. Of course you will have to unlock it for whatever zone you level in. E.g. pay for it in the ones you need to and achieves in the others. If U like me then these are already unlocked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    I can guarantee it's level 20.
    You have an uncle working for blizzard? NERDFIRMED.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They should make it available at level 10. Zones like Storm Peaks or Icecrown (and most of Cata) were made with flight in mind - and you will be questing there now. The objective iirc was that you would finish one expansion worth of quests, and reach level 50.
    The only place i would think its required to get around really is deepholm. People point to storm peaks but the quest hubs provide transport to the next hub provided you complete tye chain far enough at the current location (the goblins give you a rocket ride to the next hub etc) but also storm peaks is just one of many zones that the player could level in. So saying its nessary when they have the rest of northrend etc to level in would be a stretch espically even when at content level lots of people didnt enev step foot in stormpeaks to level. Now deepholm on the other hand... also bc didnt need flying to get anywhere cept maybe the throne area in hellfire and even thenn that wasnt a leveling location

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    My first thought was it would be rather at the end, 50 or even 60.
    But several zones require flying, especially in BC, wotlk and cata. Obviously there are other zones you could level in, or they could rework those zones. But more likely is that we will get flying with 10.
    well you definitely dont need flying to level in bc, as you didnt get it untill lvl 70 back then, but yeah icecrowns and storm peaks need flying, and deepholm i would say, other zones not really, but since deepholm was available pretty early into cata leveling and it would be really weird to introduce flying on different levels depending on expansion i would say it will be at lvl 10

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 50 and 10 for alts.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    eh, "most of cata", not really, vashjr is no fly anyway, hyjal twilight highlands and uldum dont really need flying... i think deepholm is only one that NEEDS flying to level there, but since uldum and TH are accesible after, i would say cata zones do need pretty early flying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Probably 50 and 10 for alts.
    this is most likely, as first characters have to level through BFA zones which were no fly zones for leveling, and on lvl 50 you unlock flying for bfa and in old zones
    and i guess drenor and broken isles will be still locked behind their pathfinders as they were designed for "no fly leveling" anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh, "most of cata", not really, vashjr is no fly anyway, hyjal twilight highlands and uldum dont really need flying... i think deepholm is only one that NEEDS flying to level there, but since uldum and TH are accesible after, i would say cata zones do need pretty early flying

- - - Updated - - -

this is most likely, as first characters have to level through BFA zones which were no fly zones for leveling, and on lvl 50 you unlock flying for bfa and in old zones
    and i guess drenor and broken isles will be still locked behind their pathfinders as they were designed for "no fly leveling" anyway
    It could also be unlocked on a zone by zone basis.

WoD, Legion and BfA zones for instance could still be tied to pathfinder, and therefore limited only ot when the players actually gets the flying riding skill.
    MoP as well obviously doesnt need flying, nor does the old revamped Cata zones. Flying in Outland is nice but also isnt really necessary.

My guess would be that at 20 you can unlock the flying skill, and at that point you can get all the expansion flying abilities, or fly in the zones with pathfinder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryai View Post
    Good question, guess we will have to wait and see since not a lot of information is available right now.
    I would assume if pathfinder is required, it still will be required on your account since that's how it works now, I don't think that will change.
    Yeah but they said you're supposed to level from like 10-50 in a single expansion area...they'd either have to axe pathfinder or add it for Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria.

This should allow the player to fly in all the zones in which it is relevant, those being Icecrown, Storm peaks, Deepholm, twilight highlands and maybe Uldum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yeah but they said you're supposed to level from like 10-50 in a single zone...they'd either have to axe pathfinder or add it for Azeroth, Outland, Northrend, and Pandaria.
    They didnt say single zone, they said single expansion. As in a set of zones from an expansion. So for BfA it means the same as levelling from 110 to 120 now, and for Outland it means half the continent.
    Could change of course, but that is the outcome i would consider the most likely based on the language they used to describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This should allow the player to fly in all the zones in which it is relevant, those being Icecrown, Storm peaks, Deepholm, twilight highlands and maybe Uldum.

- - - Updated - - -

They didnt say single zone, they said single expansion. As in a set of zones from an expansion. So for BfA it means the same as levelling from 110 to 120 now, and for Outland it means half the continent.
    Could change of course, but that is the outcome i would consider the most likely based on the language they used to describe it.
    Yes I edited my post soon after...but the rest still rings true...it wouldn't make much sense to keep two separate systems, If someone doesn't happen to have pathfinder then they would probably stick to the content where you can just buy flying.

The people who have pathfinder would logically just level in the zones they have it unlocked...