Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is what we got for an apology. Hahah this was a horrible attempt at fixing the bridge you guys set on fire with wc3 refunded. Also go back on the custom creation and not try to steal people’s work. People did that in the original and sparked dota and plenty of other genres.

Makes me wonder what the future has in order for other Blizzard games, like WoW.

If they are willing to do such poor work on one of if not -the- most
    beloved game they have ever made then what`s to stop them from underdeveloping
    any future WoW expansion to the degree they did Reforged.

I`ve uninstalled the game for now, i`ll check back some time in the future when or rather if
    they update and fix it sufficiently.
    Ultimately i`m not sure i`ll give the game another try unless they put in the promised cutscenes
    and focus on providing the cinematic experience which was falsely advertised.

What I believe is that Blizzard had a lot of Reforged done with the retcons they told us they were going to bring and when that garnered an extreme negative reaction, they basically had to redo much of the game. It made the final product messy, and they couldn’t delay it past the next financial earnings call.

Do they take us for idiots that will accept everything they say with this PR speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yes, original Warcraft 3 has been removed and replaced by an "old graphics locked" version of Reforged.

What the fuck?! That's stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No that is not what you said at blizzcon. You said the cinematics wouldn't change. I saw nothing about the in-game cutscenes. Change your website and stop the false advertising. Why didnt they just release the game when all the multiplayer issues were figured out si they dont break peoples games they already had?
    Okay. I need you to stop. I need you to look at the words you wrote, and I hope that a light bulb turns on.

"I saw nothing of in-game cutscenes."

Okay, full fucking brakes here.

1. Did you NOT want the in-game cutscenes to be updated? Cuz, otherwise you would just be seeing the old game... ?

2. Straight from the WC3 Website and has been there for months "40+ hours of epic gameplay, with 4+ hours of reforged in-game cutscenes"

So yeah, they did say it. You're just not very bright. Is there a dim lightbulb emote?

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Okay. I need you to stop. I need you to look at the words you wrote, and I hope that a light bulb turns on.

"I saw nothing of in-game cutscenes."

Okay, full fucking brakes here.

1. Did you NOT want the in-game cutscenes to be updated? Cuz, otherwise you would just be seeing the old game... ?

2. Straight from the WC3 Website and has been there for months "40+ hours of epic gameplay, with 4+ hours of reforged in-game cutscenes"

So yeah, they did say it. You're just not very bright. Is there a dim lightbulb emote?
    Yes I did want the in-game cutscenes to be updated and they didn't get updated. Learn to read dude. I said that they are false-advertising. Maybe you are the one with the dim lightbulb emote?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not defending Blizzard's practices, but you can be sure Bethesda would do the same, if not worse than Blizzard, if a mod to Fallout/Skyrim became its own, very popular standalone game.
    Didn't they actually do that in Skyrim? Some mod that let you build and customize your own plot of land became that cabin DLC I forget the name of?

Or would it be more along the lines of if the mod (or collection of mods) that turns Skyrim into a survival game turned into a stand alone title.

Or would it need to be something genre defining like DOTA was?

Where's the line I guess is the question. From what I hear, (I'm still playing through campaign so haven't done customs yet) some lotr maps are other non-license style maps are still being played?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

"with 4+ hours of reforged in-game cutscenes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDxlIHpnIA

That looks reforged to me?

I literally do not know what is wrong with your head. They advertised re-forged cutscenes. You got REFORGED CUTSCENES. The same REFORGED they applied to the units they upgraded. Jesus dude.

Go be mad about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    "Spin Doctors" at Blizzard are obviously hard at work spinning what trash they released.

One paragraph in particular caught my attention:

Then why the f**k did you literally advertise the game as having 4 hours worth of remastered cutscenes,
    Remastered does not mean Remade

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten they're money back yet? I refunded 30 min after launch and I still haven't gotten my money back on my CC (7 days later).. I wonder if they're waiting for their earnings call this week before they refund everything.
    A buddy of mine claims to have gotten his refund. He claims he was told no when following up on a request he made and then simply did a charge back through his CC provider citing that the product is not as advertised on the website.

heavy emphasis on the word "claimed" here as I have no way of verifying and we didn't exactly discus it in depth. But for those waiting for a refund that was approved and still haven't gotten it after 7 days? I would probably go this route.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    "with 4+ hours of reforged in-game cutscenes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaDxlIHpnIA

That looks reforged to me?

I literally do not know what is wrong with your head. They advertised re-forged cutscenes. You got REFORGED CUTSCENES. The same REFORGED they applied to the units they upgraded. Jesus dude.

Go be mad about something else.
    Go look at the in-game cutscene advertised on their WCIII website that they didn't put in the game. Compare the quality of what is in the game with that cutscene and maybe you will get a clue.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-02-04 at 08:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    If there's 1 thing WC3 Reforged did even remotely well...

It's the models. Look at KJ and Archimonde's Models, look at Illidan's Model, look at Arthas' Model, look at fucking Detheroc (I gotta admit, Detheroc being fat's actually brilliant, considering some demons should look ugly as fuck...)

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, the OG owners did get shafted? Yikes...
    Of course they got the models right. Art team is always on point lol. Does anyone ever hate the art team?

- - - Updated - - -

One reason I wish they had gone with all of the retcons and rerecording voices?

Tyrande: These abandoned Balista will be of great use to our cause! -Those are glaive throwers Tyrande.

Lady Vashj: They have master Illidan trapped in that cage! -Thats a freakin rock, but I guess cage kinda fits.

I hate when consistency is shattered, no matter how small.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Of course they got the models right. Art team is always on point lol. Does anyone ever hate the art team?

- - - Updated - - -

One reason I wish they had gone with all of the retcons and rerecording voices?

Tyrande: These abandoned Balista will be of great use to our cause! -Those are glaive throwers Tyrande.

Lady Vashj: They have master Illidan trapped in that cage! -Thats a freakin rock, but I guess cage kinda fits.

I hate when consistency is shattered, no matter how small.
    Blizzard's art team didn't even work on this. It was Lemon Sky in Malaysia. The models are good for some mobile game or maybe another generic game, but they don't really match the cartoony style of warcraft 3. They went way too realistic and it doesn't mesh well with the cartoony environment. The models by themselves are okay, but not what I would expect from blizzard artists. For example: Naga have human ears.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's art team didn't even work on this. It was Lemon Sky in Malaysia. The models are good for some mobile game or maybe another generic game, but they don't really match the cartoony style of warcraft 3. They went way too realistic and it doesn't mesh well with the cartoony environment. The models by themselves are okay, but not what I would expect from blizzard artists. For example: Naga have human ears.
    Hmmm, well you're right about the studio; I forgot this wasn't the Blizzard art team.

I didn't even notice the naga ears, gonna have to go back and look at that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post

What the fuck?! That's stupid!
    Yep it is !
    Why do you think the game managed to be review-bombed SO MUCH and is drawing so much ire ? They really outdid themselves when it came to retardation.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    That line is now incorrect because RoC and TFT are no longer split in Reforged.
    In RoC, Ballista were the Siege unit of Night elves, which were then changed to Glaive throwers in TFT.

Obviously, Blizzard forgot to adjust the lines or didn't want to create a HD Ballista model just for the sake of consistency to RoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Presenting something still in development and making changes is ot false advertisement. False advertising would be if the store page still claims new lore, new cutscenes and all the changes that were reverted from 2018. Your point is akin to calling auto show concept car designs false advertising if the final product doesn't look the same
    Except you can go to WC3 website and all those things are still advertised.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Not defending Blizzard's practices, but you can be sure Bethesda would do the same, if not worse than Blizzard, if a mod to Fallout/Skyrim became its own, very popular standalone game.
    For perspective, Bethesda gave away their HD update for f04...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That line is now incorrect because RoC and TFT are no longer split in Reforged.
    In RoC, Ballista were the Siege unit of Night elves, which were then changed to Glaive throwers in TFT.

Obviously, Blizzard forgot to adjust the lines or didn't want to create a HD Ballista model just for the sake of consistency to RoC.
    Right and consistency is important to me dammit! /poutface

Personally I think the WC3 Reforged models are amazing and blow away even the new WoW models. I'd like for WoW to be remade with this style of art...