Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Corruption Effects Adjustments

Corruption Effects Adjustments
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’d like to give everyone a heads up that we’re working on tuning adjustments to several Corruption Effects. While we don’t have exact amounts just yet, we have some certainty that in the next 24 hours, we will:

• Reduce the effectiveness of Echoing Void significantly.
    • Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
    • Increase the duration of Deadly Momentum, so that its buff doesn’t fall off.

At this time, we’re also considering:

• Reducing the damage done by Twilight Devastation.
    • Increasing the effectiveness of other Corruption Effects.

Again, we intend to complete these changes in the next 24 hours, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re set on final tuning numbers.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Isn't Infinite Stars op af? or did that get reduced already?
    already got nerfed

Would have been nice if somehow the game had some form of beta,where these things could be tested and ajusted before it goes live,so people didnt spend milions of gold on best items that now are getting nerfed,or cleansed the ones that are getting buffed,in legion the first legenderies i got were crap,but by the end,they were among the best after bufs

echoing void nerf
    That's incredibly disappointing

Feel like they shouldn't mess with these too much. Its nicer when there are some special ones rather than having em all be equal, and I think Twilight Dev and Infinite stars look the coolest so it might as well be those. Bringing a couple really awful ones up a bit would be okay, but other than that I think once people get more corrupted gear they'll be happy some things stayed strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    That's incredibly disappointing
    and just this morning i got a 465 bracer with t3 echoing void 60 corruption. come on now ffs...

15+ Year Old Account
    it got a 25% nerf but its still super op the reality is corruption is just as shitty as wt/tf
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    it got a 25% nerf but its still super op the reality is corruption is just as shitty as wt/tf
    Still a lot more interesting than plain ilvl increase.

Fun detected

the fuck is this. Infinite star is still way ahead of echoing void and they nerf echoing void and doesn't touch infinite stars ?

Been nerfed significantly already. I just hoping that the Nerf to Echoing Void is strong enough that I can stop being told to use mine.... I'm a Caster, I'm usually at Range, or off doing some mechanic that is always a "ranges job", that it usually triggers when I'm nowhere near the target. But no... Sim all say "Use that ilvl 430 boots with Rank 3 Echoing void" and ignore other quite useful upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Been nerfed significantly already. I just hoping that the Nerf to Echoing Void is strong enough that I can stop being told to use mine.... I'm a Caster, I'm usually at Range, or off doing some mechanic that is always a "ranges job", that it usually triggers when I'm nowhere near the target. But no... Sim all say "Use that ilvl 430 boots with Rank 3 Echoing void" and ignore other quite useful upgrades.
    I mean... R3 echoing void is ok, but it's not nearly as good for a caster... specially since you're not always going to be on top of the target. Twilight Dev is what you want for aoe,, or even Infinite stars, at least you'll know it'll hit.

Yeah... it feels like Echoing Void should have been a Melee/Tank only DPS increase, with Infinite Stars being a ranged only.

It is very disheartening to have to be in melee range because I keep getting t3 Echoing Void items, but no Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the fuck is this. Infinite star is still way ahead of echoing void and they nerf echoing void and doesn't touch infinite stars ?
    Have you even see the amount of shit Echoing void t3 inflicts on certain fights? It's sickening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    Yeah... it feels like Echoing Void should have been a Melee/Tank only DPS increase, with Infinite Stars being a ranged only.

It is very disheartening to have to be in melee range because I keep getting t3 Echoing Void items, but no Stars.
    Even as a healer you're forced to use Infinite stars since it procs off heals :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I mean... R3 echoing void is ok, but it's not nearly as good for a caster... specially since you're not always going to be on top of the target. Twilight Dev is what you want for aoe,, or even Infinite stars, at least you'll know it'll hit.
    Yes, I know this, but unfortunately, But all I ever get is echoing void and Twilight Ritual procs. I've yet to get the Sword off of Carapace of N'Zoth, so... I use what I've got available.

Yes, I know this, but unfortunately, But all I ever get is echoing void and Twilight Ritual procs. I've yet to get the Sword off of Carapace of N'Zoth, so... I use what I've got available.
    Eh, eventually you'll get something even if they nerf EV it'll still be better than having no corruption for you, so gl on a new piece!

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eh, eventually you'll get something even if they nerf EV it'll still be better than having no corruption for you, so gl on a new piece!
    yes but they are also talking of buffing Twilight Ritual, so maybe all those pieces will come into play finally.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Have you even see the amount of shit Echoing void t3 inflicts on certain fights? It's sickening

- - - Updated - - -

Even as a healer you're forced to use Infinite stars since it procs off heals :^)
    Maybe need to do something on aoe fights, but for st infinite star is just as strong. Just check logs of different players. Now they gonna reduce it significantly, probably halving its st dmg or some shit like that and not touching inf stars

Maybe need to do something on aoe fights, but for st infinite star is just as strong. Just check logs of different players. Now they gonna reduce it significantly, probably halving its st dmg or some shit like that and not touching inf stars
    They need to reduce Echo and stars altogether. Stars is super strong on long ST fights and echoing is just broken on anything AOE

- - - Updated - - -

yes but they are also talking of buffing Twilight Ritual, so maybe all those pieces will come into play finally.
    So far they're only useful for Timewalking since they don't scale down. Hello 120% haste!

Tanks aren't allowed to have fun. You know just need to stand there and be meat shields so the dps try to have a contest of who is better.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-02-05 at 02:49 AM.