Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    That still isn't affecting your freedom. You were able to choose to stop being a muslim. You are still able to speak out against Islam if that's what you choose to do. The fact that other people can also speak out against you is not impacting your freedom.

You are guilty of the same hypocrisy you are trying to condemn them of. You want the freedom to say whatever you want about others...but you don't want others to have that same freedom when it comes to you.
    Until they kill me for it. Real nice job defending them. Shit on people like me to protect those who would hurt us.

From 2006 when I still was in school:
    Schools in Narathiwat and Yala to be closed indefinitely

Teachers in in Narathiwat and Yala decide on Monday to suspend all their classes indefinitely for fearing of their safety as suspected militants intensifed attacks on teachers.

The decision followed that of their colleagues in Pattani which decided to close their schools on Saturday.

This meant the closure will affect altogether 994 schools in those three provinces, ranging from elementary to high schools.

"We have made a decision because we are worried about our own safety and our lives," said Boonsom Thongsriplai, the chairman of the Teachers Federation of Pattani. He is also president of teachers federations of the three provinces.

Pattani schools have already been closed starting Monday while those in Narathiwat and Yala will be closed on Tuesday.

The school closure was due to a wave of arson attacks against school buildings, as well as shootings that killed two Buddhist school teachers last week.

In Pattani, suspected Islamic militants gunned down a 48-year-old school director inside his parked car then set fire to the bullet-riddled vehicle, the federation said.
    Freedom? Yeah, right.
    Last edited by Heran; 2020-02-05 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heran View Post
    Until they kill me for it. Real nice job defending them. Shit on people like me to protect those who would hurt us.
    I'm not defending anyone. I'm just saying that being labelled a racist or an Islamaphobe or whatver else is not impacting your freedom. If the government arrests you or kills you for whatever it is you are saying...that will be your freedom being impacted. Other people saying things about you that you don't like is not remotely the same thing.

I'm not defending anyone.
    You are protecting them instead of accepting that it is a legitimate criticism, you are excusing them. You attempt to brush it off.
    If the government arrests you or kills you for whatever it is you are saying...
    Except the government are fighting against them here, due their propensity for violence against people they don't like. It's not the government who killed teachers in my region, it was locals who sympathized with islamism. It was not the government which started murdering buddhist civilians, it was locals. It's not the government who are hurting the muslim civilians with bombs, it's the locals.
    Last edited by Heran; 2020-02-05 at 01:49 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    "I love my gay friends!" - "The LBGT themes in this show/game feel so FoRceD! Why do they need to be included?"
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    feminists, BLM

You are protecting them instead of accepting that it is a legitimate criticism, you are excusing them. You attempt to brush it off.
    What legitimate criticisms have I brushed off? Who am I protecting? I'm not saying you don't have the right to say whatever it is you are saying. What I am saying is that other people also have that same right.

You're also attempting to move the goalposts from "being labelled as a racist, etc" to "when they kill me". Those are very different things.

You're also attempting to move the goalposts from "being labelled as a racist, etc" to "when they kill me". Those are very different things.
    No, it is a direct result of what yours and others attempts to excuse them and label people opposing them as phobic or racist will lead to. Thank fuck that the government here isn't stupid enough to actually buy into the bs that westerners spout, yet at least.

Except the government are fighting against them here, due their propensity for violence against people they don't like. It's not the government who killed teachers in my region, it was locals who sympathized with islamism. It was not the government which started murdering buddhist civilians, it was locals. It's not the government who are hurting the muslim civilians with bombs, it's the locals.
    If the government isn't the one doing it...then your freedoms aren't being taken away. That doesn't excuse the actions of the people that are using violence to get their way...but it's not an issue of freedom of speech. But again, physical violence and name-calling on twitter or whatever are very different things.

If the government isn't the one doing it...then your freedoms aren't being taken away.
    So, if you live under threat of being killed because you don't believe in someones religion any more, you are not having your freedoms taken away?

You have a weird idea of what freedom is.

If I say I'll kill you if you leave your house, your freedom isn't taken away even if you're confined to your house then. I'm not the government, how could I possibly take your freedom away?

No, it is a direct result of what yours and others attempts to excuse them and label people opposing them as phobic or racist will lead to. Thank fuck that the government here isn't stupid enough to actually buy into the bs that westerners spout, yet at least.
    Again, not excusing anyone. You are moving the goalposts from being called a racist to being attacked by militant groups. Very different things.

Again, not excusing anyone.
    Yes, you are doing exactly that.
    You are moving the goalposts from being called a racist to being attacked by militant groups. Very different things.
    You not understanding what was said does not mean this is what I've said.

So, if you live under threat of being killed because you don't believe in someones religion any more, you are not having your freedoms taken away?

You have a weird idea of what freedom is.

If I say I'll kill you if you leave your house, your freedom isn't taken away even if you're confined to your house then.
    Once again, you are attempting to move the goal posts. Where once it was "people calling me racist" it's now becoming "they are in my home threatening to kill me."

Nobody has the right to go into your home and threaten your life if you try to leave. They do however have the right to say mean things about you.

Once again, you are attempting to move the goal posts. Where once it was "people calling me racist" it's now becoming "they are in my home threatening to kill me if
    I leave". Nobody has the right to go into your home and threaten your life if you try to leave. They do however have the right to say mean things about you.
    No, it was

The people who say they want people to be free to make their own decisions but then when you point to something cultural that limits your freedom, they label you racist or some -phobe instead of fighting against those that seek to oppress others. Even in cases where you share the ethnicity and culture with the people you're pointing to.

Freedom for me but not for thee.
    Do you even understand the discussion at hand? What it's about?

They don't want people like me to have freedoms, they want us to shut up and just die to the islamists. They're hypocrites.
    Last edited by Heran; 2020-02-05 at 02:07 AM.

Yes, you are doing exactly that.
    Really not. I haven't called you a racist. I haven't defended the people that have called you a racist. I am merely stating they have the same right to speech that you do.

You not understanding what was said does not mean this is what I've said.
    II'm not the one misunderstanding the difference between being called a racist and being held at gunpoint.

Really not.
    Yes, you are. Denounce them as hypocrites who hates freedom for others but not themselves and I'll accept that you don't.

Yes, you are. Denounce them as hypocrites who hates freedom for others but not themselves and I'll accept that you don't.
    You give me a specific example of someone doing that and I will denounce them for hypocrisy. I won't denounce an ill-defined group of "them" though.

You give me a specific example of someone doing that and I will denounce them for hypocrisy. I won't denounce an ill-defined group of "them" though.
    People who say they want people to be free to make their own decisions but then screech instead of supporting you when you're being oppressed isn't an ill-defined group.

I'll take this as admitting that you're excusing this.

Fucking apologists and hypocrites. You're almost worse than the islamists.
    Last edited by Heran; 2020-02-05 at 02:16 AM.

People who profit off exploiting others while being hypocrites, a real one-two combo I just can't stand. See: a faith healer who racks in millions of dollars off the suffering of others and uses that for cushy mansions and actual medical care for themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

People who say they want people to be free to make their own decisions but then screech when you're being oppressed isn't an ill-defined group.

I'll take this as admitting that you're excusing this.
    Again, you aren't making a specific example. Give me a specific example of someone saying that everyone should have freedom to make their own decisions but block your freedom to make your own and I will denounce them.

Those miltant groups killing people that don't conform to their views? Fuck them. I denounce them.

Someone saying you are a racist or a islamaphobe on the internet because you said something that they viewed as islamaphobic or racist? Different story entirely.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-02-05 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Can't be he's a woke ass independent, even though all he does is have understanding for Trump and the GOP and attack Obama and the Dems. But he can ignore all the posts from Dems attacking Obama for his drone strikes, and being an ineffective president always appeasing GOP members to be left hanging nothing. He and his ilk are exactly what he dislikes. Projection at its best.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it just the opposite. The lefties here post tons of evidence, while the righties tell us to go look it up ourselves, a most popular tactic of the righties, or post info from extremely right wing sources or conspiracy sites. You've been active enough over in the politics sub forum to know this is the truth, if you cannot admit it you are part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Link those studies please.

- - - Updated - - -

There never is with that one.
    I really cba but this article pulls some european numbers.

https://www.trouw.nl/nieuws/waar-kom...daan~bdb7582d/

And i stand corrected: in WESTERN european countries anti semitism is coming from immigrants. In eastern europe its about 5050. Ill give you that.

If you really want to argue against the international immigrant community and their outspoken favouritism in the israel palestina conflict and the hate towards the "zionists", feel free to post some counter studies.
    Last edited by Thereturn; 2020-02-05 at 08:35 PM.