Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Just like he "grew into" the office. Collins is reminding us that at the end of the day, she's just as behind Trump as the rest of them. She just pretends she's not.
    Until he is held accountable, he won't learn anything. And even then it is questionable since he was held accountable for his racism in the 70s, but he kept going with the racism til now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    More like grew into the bathtub.
    I don't think his fat ass could fit in a normal sized bathtub.

This tweet summarises it well.

Trump: It was a perfect call, I did nothing wrong. It’s all a hoax

Collins: I think he “learned from this case” and won’t do it again”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I don't think his fat ass could fit in a normal sized bathtub.
    The White House master bathroom has a rather large bathtub. It's 85" long and 41" wide.

This picture gives a better idea of the thing's size.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The White House master bathroom has a rather large bathtub. It's 85" long and 41" wide.

This picture gives a better idea of the thing's size.

Yep. If Taft can fit in a White House bathtub, so can Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Yep. If Taft can fit in a White House bathtub, so can Trump.
    I think it BECAUSE of Taft it was installed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Yes. The tub in the bottom picture was installed under Taft (it was originally installed in the USS North Carolina during his tour of Panama, then later moved to the white house).

The top photo is a picture of the current tub, which is of different design, but the same size, that was installed during renovations that took placing during Truman's presidency.
    Last edited by Masark; 2020-02-05 at 04:07 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Imagine having your political legacy in the public eye boiled down to being America's fattest President.

Yikes. People are brutal.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Skroe

Thought you might like this gem that got put out, since iirc we were saying the Democrats needed a hard hitting media campaign after impeachment:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Jesus, that's quite an ad.

Here it is, as expected: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...3cd01d72af20ef

"House Democrats will "likely" subpoena John Bolton, Nadler says"

"House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler said House Democrats will “likely” subpoena President Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton and continue with more investigations after today's historic impeachment vote.

“I think it’s likely yes,” he told CNN of issuing a Bolton subpoena.

Asked what they will look at, Nadler said, “We are talking about everything,” referring to continuing all the probes that have been launched since last year.

Asked if he’s concerned about the political blowback, here's how Nadler responded:

“First of all I think when you have a lawless president, you have to bring that to the fore and you have to spotlight that. You have to protect the constitution, whatever the political consequences. Second of all, no, as more and more lawlessness comes out, I presume the public will understand that.”
    "

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Schiff's words even more relevant after Susan Collins' words about how Trump will be more cautious and learn.

Solid video.
    Trump's going to be more cautious? No way. The way I hear it...Trump is going to sell Alaska to Russia in order to get their help in 2020!
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

7+ Year Old Account
    Putting country above political future and possibly losing his senate seat, Doug Jones is going to vote to convict.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/tru...nvict-n1130756

I’m sure some republicans will do the same, right? Right? Collins? Lol.

291000 jobs report in January on the day of acquittal, too.

Bad week for Dems continues. Media response around the world for Pelosi's act has not been terribly positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Snip
    That's a great ad. Need more like it.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post

Bad week for Dems continues. Media response around the world for Pelosi's act has not been terribly positive.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=reac...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Looks like the only people mad at this are Republicans. Where do you keep getting this garbage information?

As someone whose only somewhat concerned you seem to be very concerned about Dems optics. Surely your not just doing the forbidden thing with all your concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.google.com/search?q=reac...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Looks like the only people mad at this are Republicans. Where do you keep getting this garbage information?
    I don't get the tone of surprise when you are dealing with someone who's clearly on the "woke-independent-but-actually-conservative" spectrum with an extensive history of pretending to be on the side of non-republicans but never seem to miss out on any opportunity defending republican speech and actions while criticizing any opponents of theirs.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account

Awful week for trump and his supporters like yourself, media response for Pelosis act has been positive,.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Awful week for trump and his supporters like yourself, media response for Pelosis act has been positive,.
    Really? Do you think anything this week has swayed independents or moderates to the Dems side? I would think probably not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? Do you think anything this week has swayed independents or moderates to the Dems side? I would think probably not.
    Really? Do you think nothing this week has swayed independents or moderates to the dems side? I would think probably not.

The more you post without evidence, the more I post the same. Or is evidence only for those who do not take trumps word as god’s?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2020-02-05 at 06:29 PM.