Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can make it a drinking game. Take a shot everytime he lies.
    You'd die of alcohol poisoning.

Take a shot every time he says something true. . . . the bottle would be untouched.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You'd die of alcohol poisoning.
    During the SOTU?

I'm not seeing a downside here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Kay, then I won't worry about your personal opinion as to how I should debate.

Rush Limbaugh's a cunt. QED.
    I don't worry about how you debate I'm saying that you are not even debating at all since you're just name-calling and labelling people as cunts.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-02-05 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I don't worry about how you debate I'm saying that you are not even debating at all since you're just name-calling and labelling people.
    It's almost as if I make the active decision not to waste my time debating with people who hold bad faith positions or reprehensible ideology, shockingly enough.

The caucasity of y'all thinking you're entitled to my time and effort, lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I don't worry about how you debate I'm saying that you are not even debating at all since you're just name-calling and labelling people as a "cunt".
    there is no point in debating with you as you have proven over and over you a simply a dishonest and discuss in bad faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    there is no point in debating with you as you have proven over and over you a simply a dishonest and discuss in bad faith.
    "But if you don't engage in debate with these bad faith people then your position will look weak!"

Is a thing only said by extremists trying to platform their bullshit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    I wasn't asking you to debate me I was just saying cut out the ad hominem.

I wasn't asking you to debate me I was just saying cut out the ad hominem.
    Says the person said/admitted that you'll refuse to listen to concrete science/facts as long as the Lie is Convincing enough.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You can make it a drinking game. Take a shot everytime he lies.
    I don't want to die. Especially since I'd be going from abstaining from alcohol to basically water fountain downing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Says the person said/admitted that you'll refuse to listen to concrete science/facts as long as the Lie is Convincing enough.
    I just told you to cut out the ad hominem and then you respond in ad hominem.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Take a shot every time he says something true. . . . the bottle would be untouched.
    He said some true things. It was mostly taking credit for things he didn't do, but the things were true.

yet you uses fallacies all the time and refuse to accept facts.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

it must be my sleep addled brain but I'm getting a kick out of you of all people trying to take a ideological high ground of any kind, best of all about Rush's "poor? well hope you die quick" view of healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also a statement of fact that your point is fallacious due to it being ad hominem. So if you stick to only valid arguments then you will be more effective in convincing people of what you consider to be the best ideas.
    You don't understand what an ad hominem is, or what makes it irrational.

No one is saying "Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit, therefore he is wrong". That would be an ad hominem, but it's not what people are saying.

They're saying "Rush Limbaugh is a piece of shit." Full stop. This is just insulting, it is not irrational nor is it an ad hominem in any way whatsoever.
    And if they say "Rush Limbaugh believes/says/does X and Y, and for that, he's a piece of shit", they're drawing a rational conclusion based on identified premises, so this is fully rational and definitively not an ad hominem.

You keep crying "ad hominem" when someone insults someone else, and that's flagrantly incorrect.

"You're an asshole, therefore anything you say is wrong" is an ad hominem. Note the italicized "therefore". It's a necessary element.
    "You're an asshole." And "You're an asshole because of X and Y, and you're wrong because Z" are, neither of them, ad hominems.

I don't actually believe you're this confused about the subject. I think you're using this to derail discussions that aren't going the way you want them to, and to try and defend political figures who are execrable and being called such. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, and you really are this unaware of what the term actually means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I don't actually believe you're this confused about the subject. I think you're using this to derail discussions that aren't going the way you want them to, and to try and defend political figures who are execrable and being called such. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, and you really are this unaware of what the term actually means.
    Yes but you see just because Rush Limbaugh has been a shitbag previously doesn't mean anything. I mean tomorrow he could be a basset hound for all we know, and we have no way of determining how probable that is. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    szechuan's point is literally not an ad hominem. They pointed (albeit indirectly) to specific things you've stated, and drew a conclusion based on that.

That's not fallacious in the least. If someone admits to having sex with kids, calling them a "pedophile" isn't an ad hominem, it's just a logical conclusion.

rush getting the medal holy shit

A very solid State of the Union, and a good day for this administration. Now we wait for the impeachment votes from the Senate.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    A very solid State of the Union, and a good day for this administration.
    You sure? Cause all anyone seems to be talking about is Pelosi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    A very solid State of the Union, and a good day for this administration. Now we wait for the impeachment votes from the Senate.
    So, you don't mind that he lied through the WHOLE FUCKING THING? Unsurprising.