Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Yeah! Fuck the devs for trying to balance their game question mark?
    You mean the balance that should have been done during the longer than average ptr cycle with the multitudes of threads saying exactly how overpowered Infinite Stars and Echoing Void were? Doing it in the middle of the race, when guilds are progressing on bosses, is a slap in the face to hundreds of guilds and thousands of players. Doing it at all several weeks in after players have decorrupted gear because of the item level increases with what was bad corruptions with the potential to now be really good, that's a huge slap in the face. Stop being a white knight and look at the large picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

And yet it still deals 50% more damage than the next competitor (nerfed with this, so expect a wider gap) and twice the damage the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Because Infinite Stars got nerfed a number of times already and is only amazing on pure single target? Echoing Void, Gushing Wounds, etc are worse as they're useful for every situation.
    Have you played the current raid? Most of the encounters are single-target.

Wrathion - more than half the fight is straigt up single-target
    Maut - single-target
    Skitra - single-target
    Xanesh - single-target
    Hivemind - AoE
    Shad'har - single-target
    Drest'Agath - single-target (unless you count padding some classes can do via multi-dotting)
    Vexiona - single-target (since tank deals with adds via beam)
    Ra'Den - single-target
    Il'gynoth - single-target
    Carapace - AoE
    N'zoth - single-target with cleave in the portal phase
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-02-05 at 06:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Doing it at all several weeks in after players have decorrupted gear because of the item level increases with what was bad corruptions with the potential to now be really good, that's a huge slap in the face. Stop being a white knight and look at the large picture.
    If these players really cared about min maxing that much they wouldn't have purified a bunch of items that could potentially be useful. Most players would have known some tuning was coming. They have tuned things every week and this is only the third week of raiding and second of Mythic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Would you prefer that they let it stay how it was??

Yeah I hate rental gear but dude....it’s done we lost that fight
    Hasnt all gear since the beginning been "rental gear"? Or is there a case where gear lasted much longer than one expansion? Not sure why thos has been a popular phrase to throw around all the sudden.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Have you played the current raid? Most of the encounters are single-target.
    Have you? It does not matter if there's only one priority target, Stars will still proc on other stuff, slowing down your stacking and lowering the damage. And usually, you can't just ignore the adds and let other people handle them, so you don't "waste" your damage proc. And all the hardest bosses have a ton of adds.

I mean, you even list Ra-den as a single target fight? What?

Ah, right. Because Blizzard is notorious for releasing perfectly balanced content.
    You said 'fuck the devs' both sarcastically and seriously in a matter of two posts. Keep being a salty, contradictory, contrarian all day - it's entertaining.

Thank you.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You said 'fuck the devs' both sarcastically and seriously in a matter of two posts. Keep being a salty, contradictory, contrarian all day - it's entertaining.

Thank you.
    Enlighten me. In your infinite wisdom how would you handle this? Blizzard shit the bed with Corruption balancing, we can't undo that. So they either:

a.) Fix it, or
    b.) Leave shit alone

It would seem to me that the OP would prefer they left shit alone. And while I guess that's fine, it's probably better for the longterm health of the patch that they balance it instead. The OP seems to be whining for the sake of whining.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Have you? It does not matter if there's only one priority target, Stars will still proc on other stuff, slowing down your stacking and lowering the damage. And usually, you can't just ignore the adds and let other people handle them, so you don't "waste" your damage proc. And all the hardest bosses have a ton of adds.

I mean, you even list Ra-den as a single target fight? What?
    It has 2 targets up at once at the most, with the entire raid focusing down a certain target. I didn't say it doesn't have adds and a target switch; but it is what it is; a fight where you won't be using AoE much.

As for the corruption in question:
    Even in "hectic-add cleave" situations the corruption still sims ahead of others (at least for my class that is; i don't care about others), with only
    echoing void coming ahead. After the nerf it's very likely that we will end up with it being the BiS for both situations again.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-02-05 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It did and it loses a lot if its' power in multiple target scenarios. Also, it's not something that's absurdly strong on tanks, who can also completely ignore Thing from Beyond and stack even more EV.
    Please tell me more about a random proc that will make you lose 30% HP is not a problem at all for tanks whose entire job depends on keeping their HP above 0.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It's because of Tank damage, nothing else. On DPS it was comparable, but it was doing really high damage since it scaled to your health %.

Now, the smart thing would have it scale less on Tank specced classes. Knowing Blizzard, though, everyone will suffer.
    If Tanks are the problem, just make them scale with half the effect or even a quarter. This is why you don't make things do damage equivalent to your HP. Tanks have around double what DPS do right now.

I also love how if EV gets nerfed any harder for DPS, it won't be worth using for me when Ra-Den Fist is 25 corruption and does about half the damage of my EV3, making it much better at DPS for Corruption. It also doesn't fucking pull things through walls (like I learned the hard way in a TD run I did last week).

Yeah! Fuck the devs for trying to balance their game question mark?
    Ah, right. Because Blizzard is notorious for releasing perfectly balanced content.
    Enlighten me. In your infinite wisdom how would you handle this? Blizzard shit the bed with Corruption balancing, we can't undo that. So they either:

a.) Fix it, or
    b.) Leave shit alone

It would seem to me that the OP would prefer they left shit alone. And while I guess that's fine, it's probably better for the longterm health of the patch that they balance it instead. The OP seems to be whining for the sake of whining.
    C. Fix it in the fucking PTR, when they got mountains of feedback saying these effects were too good and this is a worse system than TF.

Also just lol at you saying the OP is whining after actively trolling them for being correct.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2020-02-05 at 06:45 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

a.) Fix it, or
    b.) Leave shit alone

And you shit talk for the sake of shit talk. I'm just glad that I could point it out to you and you decided to post mildly constructive content. This is by far your most insightful comment I've seen you make, regardless of how low you set the bar.

I guess I'll answer your question and say that they should fix it, sure. If Blizzard cared about/sanctioned an actual world first race then I would wait until a winner came out, but that's not the case and they might as well balance now.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Please tell me more about a random proc that will make you lose 30% HP is not a problem at all for tanks whose entire job depends on keeping their HP above 0.

If Tanks are the problem, just make them scale with half the effect or even a quarter. This is why you don't make things do damage equivalent to your HP. Tanks have around double what DPS do right now.

I also love how if EV gets nerfed any harder for DPS, it won't be worth using for me when Ra-Den Fist is 25 corruption and does about half the damage of my EV3, making it much better at DPS for Corruption. It also doesn't fucking pull things through walls (like I learned the hard way in a TD run I did last week).

C. Fix it in the fucking PTR, when they got mountains of feedback saying these effects were too good and this is a worse system than TF.

Also just lol at you saying the OP is whining after actively trolling them for being correct.
    Yeah, because there absolutely wouldn't have been ANY negative impacts from keeping 8.2 around for another month? Nobody ever fucking uses the PTR anyway so that seems like a pretty shitty suggestion. I don't like that they released them as imbalanced as they were originally but they're at least trying to fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    And yet it remains the most powerful by a considerable margin.
    on a single target with some luck, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It has 2 targets up at once at the most, with the entire raid focusing down a certain target. I didn't say it doesn't have adds and a target switch; but it is what it is; a fight where you won't be using AoE much.

As for the corruption in question:
    Even in "hectic-add cleave" situations the corruption still sims ahead of others (at least for my class that is; i don't care about others), with only
    echoing void coming ahead. After the nerf it's very likely that we will end up with it being the BiS for both situations again.
    And all it takes is for a star to proc on something it doesn't need to, and then you lose the stacks and start over. Stars is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Living proof that even when Blizzard does what folks want there will always be someone that cries about it.
    I seem to recall people asking for TF/WF to be removed, I don't recall seeing people ask for a different system, Blizz did that on their own.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    on a single target with some luck, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

And all it takes is for a star to proc on something it doesn't need to, and then you lose the stacks and start over. Stars is fine.
    Just to correct, you don't lose the stacks on your main target when it procs on an off-target, you just get to highers stacks slower.

There currently seems to be a very big lack of resources in QC across the board in blizzard. Everything created between last spring and start of this year just seems to be glowingly lacking the "blizzard polish".

It should get a 40% nerf for tanks only if that's their thinking, varies by class but for the most part tank hp is around 30-40% higher then everyone else. But Echoing Void, especially Echoing Void tier 2 is broken dps/corruption ratio regardless of if you're a tank or not, it's basically free at 35 corruption and does lots of damage. Tier 3 is not that good.

Twilight Devastation in AoE situations is WAY more broken then Echoing Void for tanks so definitely laughing at them only "thinking about lowering it" I literally do 130k+ dps with TD on hivemind for example as a tank. Not only does it hit like a truck in aoe, aoeing shit greatly increases the spawn rate of the waves.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-02-05 at 07:01 AM.

Fixing it on the PTR is not an option when it's already live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balancing is good. The bad thing is they should have done it after first week before mythic raid is open.

While these rental powers feel fun at first I kind of fear having server withdrawal symptoms once the party is over more then before.

What about designing more fun base/core abilities and amplify them via X instead?

There's no way Blizz isn't doing all this on purpose. To lower expectations to a bottom level degree so that no matter what, Shadowlands will look good in comparison.