Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you try and game the system - you lose.

Just play the game - and you win.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    There's no way Blizz isn't doing all this on purpose. To lower expectations to a bottom level degree so that no matter what, Shadowlands will look good in comparison.
    There is no way this isnt a stupid post, you actually belive they would sabotage their own product, im sure shareholders that own stock in the company would get in touch with their lawyers real fast if that was true since it would be a actual crime.

Cant wait for the people crying about echo and stars to find out what Gushing wound is Also, since when is using strong effects provided by blizzard considered exploiting Forums always good for a morning laugh with some coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    There is no way this isnt a stupid post, you actually belive they would sabotage their own product, im sure shareholders that own stock in the company would get in touch with their lawyers real fast if that was true since it would be a actual crime.
    It's far more commonplace than you believe. Hell, Apple literally did this and admitted to it after they got caught. They were thus fined. No way to deliberate tell if a game development studio does this, so hard to fine them.

Do I actually think Blizzard is doing this? Not really. I was poking fun, but the possibility is 100% there. I honestly just feel their team is just spread thin, went through a holiday break, and didn't have time to put everything out by the set deadline. Their efforts are elsewhere since they know BFA is a bust from a customer perspective POV, and it's hard to change people's minds on that. Shadowlands is a new product, regardless of whether it's merely an expansion or not, so they feel they have the opportunity to shift the image with it.

Problem is, echoing void scales with hp. So its really unfairly strong for certain mele spec and tank specs.
    If they just nerf the % value of it, the one i got on my mage wich currently does about 4-5% of my singeltarget will become next to useless...

And since we are talking about corruptions.. how is it even remotly fair that shadowpriests are proccing inf stars at nearly 3times the rate of a mage?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Problem is, echoing void scales with hp. So its really unfairly strong for certain mele spec and tank specs.
    If they just nerf the % value of it, the one i got on my mage wich currently does about 4-5% of my singeltarget will become next to useless...

And since we are talking about corruptions.. how is it even remotly fair that shadowpriests are proccing inf stars at nearly 3times the rate of a mage?
    Are you legit complaining about shadow priests this tier?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ncoming/434708

Blizzard had announced a suite of significant nerfs to the popular corruption effects.

All the effort that players have spent cleansing strong corruption effects have been for nothing. While those people who are early to the party are once again rewarded for their efforts, at the expense of everyone else.

Situations like this would not occur if garbage rental systems like Corruption didn't exist.
    I bet you were one of those players that paid millions for corrupted items on the Auction House and is now running around with 3 EVs to own dps in tank spec.
    Everyone knew there would be tuning comming after the stuff hits life. You simply cannot catch every balance issue on the PTR the amount of players is by far too low to simulate every last situation.
    So you now have two options, you can unsub and stop telling us about it or you can suck it up, realize your own impatience is responsible and go back to playing.

Besides, while this is not an exploit, I am relatively sure telling people to use exploits as much as possible before they get fixed is against some kind of rule here.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont seem to know what the word 'exploit' means.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

what was the exploit again

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    and its a mage complaining of all things. Mages are legit like the rich college students of WoW - completely self aware, need the world to revolve around them and when it doesn't for even a brief moment, all hell breaks loose and we have to hear about it for weeks

mages will happily sit at top dps ranks and top gladiator spots for years on end and if they fall to middle of the pack for a single season or tier, there will be an actual meltdown with cries of 'world of meleecraft' and shit going out

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It has 2 targets up at once at the most, with the entire raid focusing down a certain target. I didn't say it doesn't have adds and a target switch; but it is what it is; a fight where you won't be using AoE much.

As for the corruption in question:
    Even in "hectic-add cleave" situations the corruption still sims ahead of others (at least for my class that is; i don't care about others), with only
    echoing void coming ahead. After the nerf it's very likely that we will end up with it being the BiS for both situations again.
    And it has nothing to do with it. Just because you're tunneling one doesn't mean your infinite star will proc on the main target.
    - Wrathion : No problem there, even if totally trash in P2
    - Maut : Enjoy getting almost instakilled on a 10 stack IS proccing during P2. Also procs on the add throughout the whole of P1, which regularly dies and gets immune to magic.
    - Skitra : Procs on the immune images, the add dps to focus, and on any copy during P2. Useless dps, not stacking the main target
    - Xanesh : Fine corruption
    - Vexiona : Adds most of the fight, but you could argue it's useful in last phase
    - Hivemind : totally trash
    - Ra-Den : Procs on adds, orbs, ... which again slows down stacking and actual dps.
    - Shaddar : Totally fine
    - Drest Agath : procs when you can't hit the boss, on adds about to die, or anything you're not actually wanting to hit, and never has time to stack.
    - Il'gynoth : see above, considering the amount of blood, and the other Organs. The more you go into the fight, the less useful it becomes.
    - Carapace : Do I have to mention it
    - N'zoth : Trash during the whole vision phase, and even in P2/P3 there's often an add or more.

As for sims, they're wildly innacurate for a lot of classes. Infinite Stars, for instance, always proc on the main target and not on adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Hasnt all gear since the beginning been "rental gear"? Or is there a case where gear lasted much longer than one expansion? Not sure why thos has been a popular phrase to throw around all the sudden.
    I guess a better term would be rental system with rental abilities for example the last expansion was really bad about that because all of the things from your artifact weapon was essentially lost so we can only assume that all of these traits that we have on our armor all of these essences that we spend hours farming all of this corruption gear that we get is going to be gone in about 10 months

I think however from vanilla to the burning Crusade the legendary weapons from vanilla we’re still good for early raiding

Going through gear constantly and replacing it is a part of the RPG aspect that people just don’t want to do and I can’t understand why because it’s been the same thing for 15 years

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You dont seem to know what the word 'exploit' means.
    Nobody currently playing the game seems to know what it means considering how much you have it spammed in the chat for the world first race

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post

Wow it’s almost like your entire first paragraph is just a parrot of the annoying method caster that sat there complaining about corruption for half an hour and saying that anyone trying to make an argument for a positive side really only likes higher damage

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I guess a better term would be rental system with rental abilities for example the last expansion was really bad about that because all of the things from your artifact weapon was essentially lost so we can only assume that all of these traits that we have on our armor all of these essences that we spend hours farming all of this corruption gear that we get is going to be gone in about 10 months

I think however from vanilla to the burning Crusade the legendary weapons from vanilla we’re still good for early raiding

Going through gear constantly and replacing it is a part of the RPG aspect that people just don’t want to do and I can’t understand why because it’s been the same thing for 15 years

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody currently playing the game seems to know what it means considering how much you have it spammed in the chat for the world first race

- - - Updated - - -

Wow it’s almost like your entire first paragraph is just a parrot of the annoying method caster that sat there complaining about corruption for half an hour and saying that anyone trying to make an argument for a positive side really only likes higher damage
    You mean one of the only 3 casters they have that has high end raid experience? Corruption is an awful system and shouldn't exist it just provides flat damage for doing nothing. There isn't much depth to the system beyond that. If you are good you can deal with the add I guess such an interactive system /s

And the end of LK I had a pally tank in a group doing heroics and they used Thunderfury and had no trouble holding aggro (or no more than usual, anyway). I was using a BWL trinket to the end of BC, and T5 2pc until getting T7 in LK's Naxx. Cata had a fairly hard gear slope because Blizz didn't like that shit, so you out-levelled your Icecrown gear pretty fast. However, you out-levelled it rather than the recent thing where it just turns off when Blizzard thinks you should get rid of it, forcing you into stuff that's worse than what you had yesterday.

There's quite a difference between replacing old gear because new, better gear has been offered in the new expansion and being forced to replace it because it went from BiS epic/legendary to gray overnight. The former is a natural part of an MMORPG that's still having new content produced for it. The latter is a 'new' and unpleasant 'innovation'.

No idea who your talking about so dunno what to say...

Ok i guess?

been mostly watching the limit stream because they stream their voice com aswell wich makes it infinetly more interesting imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Read again, its the proc of the corruption effect differing between classes im complaining about. Shadowpriests was just an example of a build that procs it more often due to high lvls of haste.

Its the same issue as with echoing void, where a warr in guild has nearly double my dmg with it simply because of higher procrate and higher hp pool.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Honestly I'm just getting close to dropping this patch entirely. It's hugely not fun. combined with the fact that I have to cart arround metric tons of gear as I mix and match corruption, because I have no idea what will be good vs what won't be.

I also love keeping 410's equipped over 470's....because corruption >.<

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If these players really cared about min maxing that much they wouldn't have purified a bunch of items that could potentially be useful. Most players would have known some tuning was coming. They have tuned things every week and this is only the third week of raiding and second of Mythic.
    They've already done tuning multiple times, no one should have expected MORE. Maybe a slight nerf on Echoing Void yes, but no one could have expected widespread buffs to others several weeks into a tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Honestly I'm just getting close to dropping this patch entirely. It's hugely not fun. combined with the fact that I have to cart arround metric tons of gear as I mix and match corruption, because I have no idea what will be good vs what won't be.

I also love keeping 410's equipped over 470's....because corruption >.<

Right? My blood DK got lfr maut weapon, and I'm not sure its even replaceable except by a higher ilvl maut weapon

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They've already done tuning multiple times, no one should have expected MORE. Maybe a slight nerf on Echoing Void yes, but no one could have expected widespread buffs to others several weeks into a tier.
    It has happened before. Everyone should have expected some tuning to take place. The only people that can be excused are the ones who just started playing the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They only touched a few outliners, like Infinite Stars.

I'm not shocked at all that they want to bring the bottom ones up more, and this isn't anything new. They've done the same in the past several times, tuning passes on trinkets just to get other trinkets at a later point.

While nerfing the more powerful ones after people have already started raiding leaves a bad taste in my mouth because that's going to cause a power swing in terms of progression (and lord help me I can already image the people who whine about parses forgetting that the outliners will probably have pre-nerf corruption pieces for a while now), it's not really a surprise that they're doing this again.

There's a reason I've been holding onto every corrupted piece and not purifying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Funny how they aren't saying anything about the worst offender, aka Infinite Stars lmao.
    IS hasn't been good for several nerfs now and is non-viable entirely on most bosses due to ST-only nature of IS.

Even on ST bosses, EV was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Would you have preferred them not nerfing overpowered corruption effects?
    Yes, as there are no overpowered corruption effects. Boss HP was clearly tuned around corruption damage, which will lead to significant difficulty increase in the raid unless paired with 20%+ boss HP nerfs.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.