Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Cool, corruption changes. How about removing the completely worthless ones, like getting the one that increases versatility when hit on a ranged DPS?
    Just got that in the chest this morning on a staff ... absolutely awesome on my lock. It was tier 3 too.
    At a higher ilvl, it simmed nearly 2k lower than my sword with 9% extra crit. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This whole thread makes me think that when MMochamp bangs on about balance, they only want it when it favors them.
    Shocking. Not like it's exactly like that with everything.

Are people surprised they don't want tanks able to out dps actual dps?
    I for one am suprised that they released it in such a state. At this point I thought it's intentional, that Twilight Dev and Echoing Void are supposed to be extra OP for tanks to make it more fun to do so (like with Vengeance). Well, apparently there was 0 math involved during the creation of those effects, thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    the fuck is this. Infinite star is still way ahead of echoing void and they nerf echoing void and doesn't touch infinite stars ?
    And just to point out: Infinite stars is absolute garbage in m+ (or short fight raidbosses with adds or several targets) where your procs are distributed among several targets, and even on high tyrannical bosses you will hardly get 4 stacks on the boss, doing less than 3-2% damage overall.
    Echoing void has no ramp up time, and did 10-15% overall.

Anyone know any numbers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That sucks =/ I wish I'd get something decent is all. Just did a vision and Mind Flay throughout the entire vision (3 wings because I hate stormwind) did 969k damage overall. My total damage was 34.43M about 0.2% of my damage and that's at +66 corruption just for that.

The corruption vs damage needs a look at too. Something doing 0.2% of my damage shouldn't be that high on the corruption chart and with the cloak/essence put me at 29 corruption so dealing with the eye isn't worth it for small boost.

EV needs to be nerfed for this exact reason.

MindFlay isn't bad, it excels in single target and cleave fights (IS doesn't do well on cleave) that last longer than 10 second. If you are doing 3 wings, probably only the final boss lasted longer than that, I'm sure you are melting all your elites and aoe packs in 15 seconds & mindflay barely gets a chance to do damage.

IS works great on long single target fights.

EV should be there for quick bursty aoe encounters, like horrific visions... Instead EV is great on cleave, single target, long fights, short fights, mobile fights, great on tanks, great on melee dps, great on healers, great on ranged dps (unfortunately).

These things should all have strengths and weaknesses and right now, there is no reason to not run EV on every character in nearly every situations.
    Last edited by secondratetech; 2020-02-05 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post
    MindFlay isn't bad, it excels in single target and cleave fights that last longer than 10 second. If you are doing 3 wings, probably only the final boss lasted longer than that, I'm sure you are melting all your elites and aoe packs in 15 seconds & mindflay barely gets a chance to do damage.
    I tested it out some more in LFR and it was still only about 0.2-0.5% of my damage and that's with the boss being up for ~3-5 minutes. For 60 corruption it just isn't worth it at all. Granted each experience will be difference, but that's what I'm seeing across the board on my end.

10+ Year Old Account
    What even is the point of the Corruption system if they're just going to nerf the good effects so that they end up worse off for their cost when they've noticed them performing well? I mean I thought that's what the drawbacks of the Corruption Effects were for.

It'd be better to go back to WF at this point.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Maybe it's a clumsy idea, I don't see the issue with making some corruptions simply not work for some roles, like essences - does a tank really need to do massive aoe damage? Isn't it better for the game if you make corruption traits that increase survivability more desirable for tanks? Or maybe add some kind of system that rewards foregoing the corrupted gear, who knows.

I don't think this system is bad, if they do a much better job at balancing - and add some kind of targeting system like legiondaries in 7.3 - I think this will be a great alternative to TF in Shadowlands - if they carry it forward. Or just go back to the warforging system so you can only ever go like 5 item levels higher at a maximum if Blizzard insists on the RNG
    Yeah, I actually really like the system, especially how you need to balance your own gain with negative effects. Still, it feels weird how poorly balanced it is. Sure, some weaker effects are good, the system would be boring if everything was the best. But balancing fuckups like with the top 3 essences which had to be severly nerfed several times and STILL top the charts, that's just weird.

Yeah but it's sad to see. I got EV straight away - and I won't lie, doing like 30% more damage than everyone else for no extra effort or skill was fun - but you have to instantly realise that's not exactly fair and should be nerfed. I just enjoyed being broken for a week, and now we're back to normal
    Oh definitely. The true sad part is their complete lack of foresight.
    We're not talking about small differences in performance and utility, it's straight up broken op vs nearly useless. That's not something that should have made it to live.
    There was no unforseeable situation about it, you make something dramatically better, people will always target that and abuse the fuck out of it when they get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    it got a 25% nerf but its still super op the reality is corruption is just as shitty as wt/tf
    It's only really strong on pure single target fights, once you throw in an extra boss/add it loses value, and the more mobs there are in a fight (which is most fights in the raid) it exponentially gets weaker due to proccing on random stuff and not proccing repeatedly on one target an entire encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockg View Post
    Thanks for announcing this AFTER I cleanse everything you're about to buff.
    And this is why it's common knowledge to not do something like cleansing corruption 2 weeks into the tier. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Just got that in the chest this morning on a staff ... absolutely awesome on my lock. It was tier 3 too.
    At a higher ilvl, it simmed nearly 2k lower than my sword with 9% extra crit. Fun times.
    You mean a class that values crit more than vers gets more benefit from a crit effect than it does a vers effect?

That's nuts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still only have a 2% strikethrough and 6% extra haste. The other mage in my guild has everything. Good game

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I still only have a 2% strikethrough and 6% extra haste. The other mage in my guild has everything. Good game
    So? there helping the raid anyways you will get your op ones as well soon.

Wonder when people will learn that grinding for obviously OP stuff is pointless.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    If anyone bought a BOE off the AH with echoing void on it, they should be entitled to a full gold refund if the value of echoing void changes.

Same with every other corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect.
    i should have been a bit more specif. yes, it needs a change in aoe. but for ST boss figths. IF stars pulls ahead both on logs and sims for me. And knowing blizzard, they will probably just nerf the dmg on EVoid with 75% overall, making it completely null and void for anything but niche aoe fights

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i have useless shite in my main but got infinite stars on my alt i barely play while doing wq for emisary gold so fml i guess
    the complete randomness is my only issue with corrupted gear
    They should have had something like a corruption tank. When you cleanse your corruption part of it is stored in the tank and you can spend that corruption to add one of your choosing (more expensive the higher tier) to a piece of your choosing.

Would have added a lot of player agency to the system.

It's a dumb nerf that late into the raid, especially with no raid tuning adjustments, and it brings more issues than it solves, it's a nerf on tank damage which is already on the really low end of the spectrum because of the horrendeous scaling of abilities and the reliance on passive procs to do any kind of damage...

Corruption was a bandaid fix to a lot of issues, including balancing,tank damage/aggro, you can't just remove this bandaid, stare at the wound and pretend you fixed the game, but as of lately it seems that most of the hotfixes are tunnel visionned and made based on reddit posts and complains on forums rather than by an actual game designer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Nothing new to read nerf x and y threads. I am happy to have a new mechanic to play with. At least it is some work and new things to see (combination).

How hard is it to test these on the PTR prior to release? How come some scale and others do static damage? ITS NOT HARD BLIZZARD.

Some guy on reddit did DPS and ppm breakdown of all corruption effects in both single and multi target and it probably only took him 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Verzen View Post
    That's incredibly disappointing
    Yesterday I got it rank 3, and was super happy. And now I'm super sad.
    : (