Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Outside of Vanilla WoW, do not forget: Diablo: Immortal, Warcraft 3 Reforged, Blitzchung, BFA, Overwatch 2. Blizzard has absolutely zero respect for its playerbase.

It happened gradually over a long period of time. Blizzard is an old company, and it's not the developers or enthusiastic gamers that are calling the shots anymore, it's the marketing department.
    It's not just that. The developers are shit at everything they do. BFA's story is utterly disrespectful. The "content" they shit out is horrible as well. It doesn't matter how long they have to work on something. The concepts are terrible right at the get go.

I don't think the gorge of communication between Blizzard and the players have never been as much distanced as it is now. And it is not only for Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    If blizzard really wanted to ban them, they could have 1 guy checking reports in real-time and it would litterally take them <3 minutes to determine if they were botting or not. There is simply no need to ban anyone in "waves" - this is only done to make people think you punish bots severely. Then again Blizzard has a reason to let them go - they still pay for their account, so banning them lowers revenue.
    Must be fun to be that clueless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    It was FANS that shut them down on updating cutscenes, in case you forgot. "REEEE DON'T CHANGE THE STORY OMG"
    There are no prove of that. In fact the overwhelming majority of critics towards the game is the lack of aditions. Most likely they said that to save face. Its obvious to anyone that spends 5 seconds looking at a reforged video that they rushed the project. Animations are awful, characters look stiff, etc. Looks more like a celular game, raid legends or crap like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And it isn't 'disrespecting teh gamerz' that games change over the course of development: sometimes shit just doesn't work out as well as you hope. Stuff that sounds great or straightforward on paper ends up anything but. Doesn't mean there's a mustache-twirling, NYAH-HA-HAing evil Actiblizz-nazi Overlord sitting on a chair made of cash, laughing at all of you, cooking up the next evil lies they will spin.
    Yes, it is. The moment you advertise a product and you sell another one its a disrespect. Didn't you see how the original official page STILL have the 4 hours of extra custscenes, the Stratholme intro that never made in the game, etc? Come on, lets be serious.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2020-02-05 at 06:08 PM.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd say the problem with bots and their existence is mainly the PLAYERS having zero respect towards EACH other.

Also, facts (aka links to examples) would be nice.
    As a former botter - its literally a selfish endeavour with no thought, regard or anything at all to other players. It's not about respect, that's got nothing to do with it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    As a former botter - its literally a selfish endeavour with no thought, regard or anything at all to other players. It's not about respect, that's got nothing to do with it.
    So you're saying you didn't respect other players?

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i advise everyone to find another game to play. wow had its day in the sun and now its just really bad.
    this, as much as i liked wow you can see blizzard actually doesnt care its money grab at this point

Cool Why is it so difficult for you to capitalize and punctuate correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    Blizzard HAS no respect towards the playerbase

NOT

Blizzard HAVE no respect....

why is this distinction so fucking hard...?
    It's not difficult, it's just what you do if you're British. Singular verbs and pronouns are widely used to describe a single company (collective noun) in American English. The opposite is true in British English. So OP is grammatically correct in his word choices.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    So you're saying you didn't respect other players?
    No, I put in as much thought to other players as I normally do. The only place I can really see botting being "disrespectful" is in classic PvP going for HWL/GM, but then I see the argument for it because if you have a full time job and a family, it's reasonably beyond your grasp.

Det said players bots exist because players have zero respect for each other. Even if botting was impossible, the same proportion of the community wouldn't respect one another. They aren't really correlative.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

it started long ago.
    They shoved it in your face with Diablo 3 RMAH, and it only got worst with time. It took some people a LONG time to realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I'm sorry, yes, an unknown (as far as I can see) part of the 800 fired people were working on Blizzard products, and yes, I know they're prioritizing keeping the developers, because they're the most basic thing you need when making software, and are also hard to replace if they need to expand again. However, I was not referring to lack of content or bad code, I was referring to Blizzard not having the manpower to support the community, investigate issues, help with bugs, and services like that.
    someone in older thread posted a list of names and positions of those people, whole 11 (out of 337) blizzard QA employee were fired (and not all from wow, i think HOTS took hardest hit) so unless those 11 were only people actualy working on the issues before i doubt it had any major impact... perhaps the problem is not manpower, perhaps the issues in the background that people outside of blizz have no fucking clue about are a bit harder to solve than pressing a button...

You were cheating in AV, and they fixed it. Get over it.

That said, i'm all for some sort of fix or change to make pug vs pug AV more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    i advise everyone to find another game to play. wow had its day in the sun and now its just really bad.
    "Everyone agree with my opinion on a game cause I am right!" Is exactly how you sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Bots are barely noticeable in Retail at least.
    That's because of the WoW token. Some of us argued that it should be implemented into Classic too since bots can never be stopped (they haven't managed to do it in 15 years) and it's better to buy gold from your fellow server buddies than to buy it from the Chinese.

Suggestions like that got aggressively shut down by the #nochanges crowd so this is what the community wants. They want bots farming gold and selling it through 3rd party web sites.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would add that it isn´t blizzard but activision, when it was blizzard we where treated better, games where better

I must admit i think it's absolutely disgraceful we're 6 months in to WoW Classic and we've yet to see a banwave from Blizzard. It's really not surprising, look at how poor WC3 Reforged has been in terms of quality, how stripped down 8.3 was compared to its original plan and the sham of the cinematics released.

Considering the recent layoffs, it clear Blizzard is now suffering from the old business mentality of spend less = profit more. What they're very quickly seeing is a decrease in "Blizzard Quality" and after a few more months of this will start seeing a reduction in revenue. I feel at that point it'll be too late to do much about it, gamers like me who have been loyal to Blizzard for 15+ years are finally getting to the stage where we've had enough.

If it wasn't for Classic, i wouldn't have any commitments to Blizzard. I've sacked off retail, refunded WC3 and don't plan on buying D4.