Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    BfA showed me, that it always can get worse. I would happily trade all of BfA for Cata. No random loot, no forced personal loot, no scaling max level enemies; no half assed classes, more abilities and the choice of alternative playstyles, no pressure to login every day, you were able to play multiple alts, etc...
    I value classdesign and sensible character progression more than other content. I am not belitteling your opinion about cata, nor do I share it. But in hindsight and compared to the really bad expasions cata isn't all that bad. Sure compared to really good expansions it's not all that good either. In my opinion cata is the exact average WoW expansion.
    I'd rather have another Wrath or Pandaria than a WoD, Cata or BfAssrot. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    After the fiasco of w3 reforged, the likelihood is that is going to be a shallow puddle of piss.
    and they are comparable how ? wc3 was made by the classic games team. Litteraly NOTHING to do with wow or any of the wow devs

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey someone figured it out. Shadowlands will come out, completely unplayable, missing 120% of its features. Blizzard will have to close its doors while Activision devours its corpse and then grows like a tumor. Then the Activision Old God will whisper and absorb other companies, and we will have to stop it. We were the real 8.3 the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Shadowlands is going to be particularly bad in any way. Basically the same we have had for years.

To fuck up as badly as Fallout 76 did? I don't think even WC 3 Reforged has fucked up that bad. Have you guys seen the news on the ridiculous bullshit that has come from Fallout 76 at all? The canvas bag, lethal mold on real-life helmet, the fucked up nukes, the cheats, the bugs of all kinds... It's a Trump Administration levels of bad.

And Fallout 76 has that big expansion coming up at some point. We have seen how well they do small changes to the game. A big one is going to royally fuck the game for sure.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-02-01 at 01:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. Warlock curses, paladin auras, rogue poisons, totems. Demoni circle, summon gargoyle, hunters mark, hammer of wrath, cyclone, anti magic zone, shattering throw, killshot, ritual of doom, challenging shout, eyes of the beast. and more.
    None of those are "new" abilities.

All they're doing is bringing stuff back, which isn't exactly hype worthy.

I still question convenant abilities because I know they're going to be another "rental" thing for the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post

I still question convenant abilities because I know they're going to be another "rental" thing for the expansion.
    I think that's just fine to be honest, to have a such a gimmick for the expansion and replaced with something new at later date. All I'm worried is how "Cookie-cutter" they end up being, and how awesome it's going to feel when you find out you picked the wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

7+ Year Old Account

Yes they are old abilities returning, but some of these things have been gone for longer then they existed, which in my books means they are "new" i know people who are playing wow, and wernt alive when ritual of doom was a spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'd rather have another Wrath or Pandaria than a WoD, Cata or BfAssrot. :P
    Of course, that goes without saying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Or.

We could not doom and gloom and see what the game is like once its actually out?

Nahhhhh
    With the recent shitty releases of Blizzard, it is kinda becoming a standard their product will be bad at release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

BFA is fantastic so far,
    Dodgy Azerite system with a half decent fix in essences kept me happy.
    Raids have all been fantastic
    apart from one cinematic the rest have been unbelievable.
    Not sold on the story arc but not the worst.
    Patch 8.3 has me playing loads and thoroughly enjoying Assaults.
    Still have an amazing social circle in the game.
    Mythic + affixes have been a great challenge and a lot of fun

Shadowlands follows this trend i'll be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    With the recent shitty releases of Blizzard, it is kinda becoming a standard their product will be bad at release.
    That's really the case there.

Reminds me of every time people bring up problems with an expansion in Beta and people shout "Just wait until the release, they'll fix it!" and they don't =/

The whole point of us speaking our minds now is that maybe, just maybe, somebody might get a clue and think "hey, lets try this novel idea of not skrimping on resources and publishing a game that was promised in our advertising?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    and they are comparable how ? wc3 was made by the classic games team. Litteraly NOTHING to do with wow or any of the wow devs
    The current belief is that the higher-ups and bean-counters are calling the shots in terms of resource skrimping and forcing early release dates that led to WC3:R being a debackle, and that effects all the Dev teams - not just 1 or 2.

This is also why I'm predicting D4 release in end 2021 that will be an unfinished buggy mess with 1/3rd of a story. They already set the layup for it stating that D4's story is going to be told over "Multiple games"

7+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't bother with responding to FelPlague. He's a known rose-tinted goggle guy when it comes to Blizzard. Wrap up old shit in shiny covers and he'll happily accept it as new.
    And yup, i'm not a fan of covenants in theory at all, because it's yet another expansion-only "feature". It's not even a system....
    All I want wow to do going forward is fix the way classes play once and for all and don't touch them, and only add/remove/experiment with secondary influences like gear that add to the experience without taking anything away if you don't acquire them. Currently that's the biggest problem plaguing wow, where if you take away the expansion-only features, you're left with a dry unplayable husk when it comes to any class. That's bad design.

Doubtful. At worst we'll have another WoD (or BFA, if that's your poison) on our hands. Fallout 76 failed as much for its design as its technical failings and managerial decisions, which is quite a feat to accomplish. WoW devs, even under current circumstances, have more knowhow of multiplayer games under their belts.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Even at wow’s lowest around classic/tbc it was no where near fallout 76 with how utterly broken that game was/is. While bfa has had bugs like every expan none of them have been as big as say wod being down for the first week or so or tbc having unclearable untested raids.
    Exactly. BFA at its absolute worst is still light years beyond Fallout 76 in terms of quality.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Reforged is Blizz's Fallout 76. If they spend next year screwing game even more and causing major drama every month, that is.

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizz's Fallout 76 was BfA and the game has survived despite everything. I think Shadowlands will be a much better expansion, hopefully as good as Legion, but who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    That's about as much sense as I would expect from BfA, Shadowlands enthusiast. Good for you!

OT: some people keep parroting about 'waiting and seeing the game', but I think it is absurd, considering blizzcon reveal should've gotten everyone on the hype train by showing the absolute best this expansion would be.

The problem is, nothing that they have shown is exciting enough, and more and more people see it.

And that is not even mentioning current Blizz problems like being constantly behind schedules due to lack of human resources, postponing/canceling content and still delivering a product in a pretty bad shape (8.3, Reforged).

Overall this sums up into quite negative expectations for Shadowlands that no "wait and see" cultists can rectify.
    I can't speak for you or anyone else but I'm really very hyped for Shadowlands. I also don't get most of why people hated 8.3 (other than N'zoth's death, which was the most anticlimactic thing I've ever seen in my life, I just hope it's a vision and he's not really dead).
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Or.. like demented paople you can just do the same thing over and over and over again without ever remembering or learning. You're not a demented person are you?
    So people that disagree with you are demented?

I rather make my own decision once the game is out rather than jump on that bandwagon.

I loved Cata up until 4.3. Played a Resto Shaman and Disc Atonement Priest. That was probably the last time I felt really appreciated as a healer.

Moderation of this site is pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.