Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Corruption Effects Adjustments Incoming

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Update – 11:30 a.m. PST February 5

Soon today, we’re going to make the following adjustments in a single hotfix:

• Echoing Void damage has been reduced by 50%.
      • Echoing Void no longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.
    • Deadly Momentum’s buff duration has been increased to 30 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    • Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
    • Surging Vitality’s Versatility value has been increased by 10%.
    • Avoidant now subjects you to 20% less Corruption at each rank.

Original Post – February 4
    We’d like to give everyone a heads up that we’re working on tuning adjustments to several Corruption Effects. While we don’t have exact amounts just yet, we have some certainty that in the next 24 hours, we will:

• Reduce the effectiveness of Echoing Void significantly.
    • Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
    • Increase the duration of Deadly Momentum, so that its buff doesn’t fall off.

At this time, we’re also considering:

• Reducing the damage done by Twilight Devastation.
    • Increasing the effectiveness of other Corruption Effects.

Again, we intend to complete these changes in the next 24 hours, and we’ll let you know as soon as we’re set on final tuning numbers.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well fuck me I just cleansed a rank 3 void ritual, is there any way to recover it? x.x I feel really bad for people that went ham on buying boe corruption pieces this nerfing is crazy.

From what I seen when I tried to restore a cleansed item it was a hard no. Once it is done it is done they said.

Delete all my echoing void gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post

• Increase the effectiveness of Void Ritual by a small amount.
    • Void Ritual’s stat bonus per stack has been approximately doubled at each rank.
    I lol'ed.
    /10char

edit:
    Actually, thinking about it more, they DID increase it by a small amount by doubling it, because the Void Ritual buff WAS a small amount to begin with!

So the biggest thing this accomplished is that there is one less useful corruption, increasing the "if you dont RNG a good one you lose" aspect.

And gushing blood is basically BIS for almost every class.

15+ Year Old Account
    yet Infinite stars is fine in blizzs eyes even after a 25% nerf so there went from being 2 op corruptions to now just 1

Welp back to only wanting Infinite Stars and the others can gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Welp back to only wanting Infinite Stars and the others can gtfo
    IKR. just smh here how IS hasn't been nerfed again. I suppose they are gonna buff more; but it's still a bit annoying. Lesson atm is: don't cleanse anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    IKR. just smh here how IS hasn't been nerfed again. I suppose they are gonna buff more; but it's still a bit annoying. Lesson atm is: don't cleanse anything yet.
    Just another example of what a shitshow this game has become and if you are still playing, you have at least 10 months of this crap to look forward too. Azerite system was crap. Titanforging was garbage and no the corruptions are worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if they had a place to TEST this, maybe some kind of REALM, that was open to the PUBLIC.

50% reduced dmg with same corruption cost = fail
    50% reduced dmg with 50% reduced corruption cost = win

Well, unlike the pearl gear disaster last patch, they actually try to fix this shit this time around. I just can't agree with they super slow reaction to doing it, this should have been done on the 3rd day of the patch, not the 3rd week.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    yet Infinite stars is fine in blizzs eyes even after a 25% nerf so there went from being 2 op corruptions to now just 1
    They nerfed infinite stars by 25% twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Well fuck me I just cleansed a rank 3 void ritual, is there any way to recover it? x.x I feel really bad for people that went ham on buying boe corruption pieces this nerfing is crazy.
    That's what you get for taking the cleansing bait. You're not meant to cleanse anything, it's just a currency dump. Blizzard wants you to hoard items. Better start cleaning out your bank.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Only people who think infinite stars is OP have never actually used it. It ranges from absolute shit to disappointing on 95% of the content in this game. Pure sim candy thats good on like 3 bosses in the raid, all of which just so happen to be the easiest and most irrelevant.

Activi$$ion, Fuck you for continuing to ruin the game.

You get 10%, you get 20%, 50% more here double duration there. This is Blizzard balancing in 2020, the one thing that no one could take away from them. Long gone are the days of 2.13% tweaks, now it's just 10% increments and whatever sticks. At least they are doing something I guess.

I really don't know wtf happened over there. It's little things like this that reveal a whole lot.

Feel free to link me any good logs where infinite stars is topping people's damage done on bosses the same way echoing void and twilight devastation is. I'll wait.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    So the biggest thing this accomplished is that there is one less useful corruption, increasing the "if you dont RNG a good one you lose" aspect.

And gushing blood is basically BIS for almost every class.
    What is gushing blood? Never seen that corruption effect on any piece?