Not watched Method or Limit streams in a while. Can someone update me as to if they re-cleared or extended (doubtful they'd extend but might as well ask) and the furthtest % progress both guilds have?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Not watched Method or Limit streams in a while. Can someone update me as to if they re-cleared or extended (doubtful they'd extend but might as well ask) and the furthtest % progress both guilds have?
    The both re-cleared quite easily. Limit has reached special phase at 25.5% where boss immunes but not longer.
    Method struggles p1/p2 and hit 48% best atm but still need to get down placing and too many random deaths early

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That's like interviewing football players.
    I mean, what can they tell you? "Yeah, we tried the boss 100 times today and got 5% further. So we are making progress..." They won't explain interna that would compromise the race and it's unnecessary that they explain the bossfight as everyone has seen that already. And for their perspective you can watch their respective streams. Most of them just follow orders and do their best to fulfill their role.
    Which is why Limit's are much more interesting since they have open coms and have only blacked out streams when they are about to stop for the day but know they are pushing something that could matter to method.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Both have recleared. Limit has gotten to 25% but didn't survive to enter the heart chamber for a 2nd time.

No clue on Method.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Both have recleared. Limit has gotten to 25% but didn't survive to enter the heart chamber for a 2nd time.

No clue on Method.
    Darkee died a step from it was so damn close. I was surprised nobody suggested adjusting positioning of puddles after they saw gate was staying up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Method's best pull is 48% I believe. The 50-25% gap is a big one, though. Hope to see them get some new bests here soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Well they did pinky swear a fight that long would never happen again.

And then they did Mar'gok who was what... 15 minutes?
    Fking Mar'gok mythic. I was there.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    That's like interviewing football players.
    I mean, what can they tell you? "Yeah, we tried the boss 100 times today and got 5% further. So we are making progress..." They won't explain interna that would compromise the race and it's unnecessary that they explain the bossfight as everyone has seen that already. And for their perspective you can watch their respective streams. Most of them just follow orders and do their best to fulfill their role.
    Players can give plenty of insight in interviews, many people watch these races to see top players play their classes as well. They could give insight and tips of their thought process which many people would find more entertaining than casters trying to make the fight more exciting. The goal is to make the main stream more interesting to bring more people in and keep them, then players themselves get that down trickle of viewers. It's not going to happen with boring commentary,bringing more exposure to the players themselves is only a step into that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanJLowe View Post
    The "raiders fans" perspectives would be "have you tried bringing the bosses hp to zero". The problem right now is the fact when it comes to the end boss it's 4-5 days of the same thing repeated for 16 hours a day.

The first few days of RTWF were good because bosses died within hours from multiple guilds and the streams at least from Method switching between guilds on different bosses.

This is where the race becomes stale now we have ~7-8 top guilds on the final one.
    Clearly that was a typo, my phone autocorrected and to fans somehow. The streams are still good, it's just not the main streams, people aren't necessarily watching the best players only to see them kill bosses. A lot are probably watching to learn their classes better, to learn how to lead a guild better, etc etc. It's not all about downing bosses fast.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Method's best pull is 48% I believe. The 50-25% gap is a big one, though. Hope to see them get some new bests here soon.
    Yeah its big, the main difference is limit are getting 30% or lower every time now, where as method have only hit 50 a couple of times.

Since the Echoing Void nerf is going to get live soon - does anyone know who uses more Echoing Void?
    Method or Limit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkien View Post
    Since the Echoing Void nerf is going to get live soon - does anyone know who uses more Echoing Void?
    Method or Limit?
    I am pretty sure they are both heavily invested in EV. I know max tweeted out the other night when this change was announced that it was a bad call unless they adjust boss hp. Seems like Blizzard is working overtime to keep that wrench cranking so N'zoth can live through another reset.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Clearly that was a typo, my phone autocorrected and to fans somehow. The streams are still good, it's just not the main streams, people aren't necessarily watching the best players only to see them kill bosses. A lot are probably watching to learn their classes better, to learn how to lead a guild better, etc etc. It's not all about downing bosses fast.
    Tbh, looking at both streams I wish we could have a hybrid between them. During tries I would like to see more of the coms and during breaks I'd be interested in more input from someone who knows what he's talking about. The most annoying thing about the method stream, other than the long breaks, is the constant waffling of the casters who clearly ran out of things to say; on day one. Many of them are just there because they are streamers with sizable audiences, not because they have actually anything constructive or informative to add. Comparing this to sports commentators it's the equivalent of propping up some rando TV actor during a football match who just tells jokes and reminisces how he played the last time when he was in middle school.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-05 at 08:06 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Tbh, looking at both streams I wish we could have a hybrid between them. During tries I would like to see more of the coms and during breaks I'd be interested in more input from someone who knows what he's talking about. The most annoying thing about the method stream, other than the long breaks, is the constant waffling of the casters who clearly ran out of things to say; on day one. Many of them are just there because they are streamers with sizable audiences, not because they have actually anything constructive or informative to add. Comparing this to sports commentators it's the equivalent of propping up some rando TV actor during football match who just tells jokes and how he played the last time when he was in middle school.
    https://www.twitch.tv/team/method

????????????

There's so many PoVs to watch.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I am pretty sure they are both heavily invested in EV. I know max tweeted out the other night when this change was announced that it was a bad call unless they adjust boss hp. Seems like Blizzard is working overtime to keep that wrench cranking so N'zoth can live through another reset.
    Yes, they only nerfed Echoing Void because of N'zoth, not because it was crazy powerful on tanks in pretty much every kind of content. And they should wait until Unoffical Race is over before they dare change anything that will affect the core mechanic of 8.3, rather than one boss that's currently seen by less than 100 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post

????????????

I'm talking about the main stream(s), the one(s) with production value. Filling the silence of the individual player streams with shitty music isn't that great a trade-off. Might as well just hear Bae talk about something he did 8 years ago.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-02-05 at 08:11 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Yes, they only nerfed Echoing Void because of N'zoth, not because it was crazy powerful on tanks in pretty much every kind of content. And they should wait until Unoffical Race is over before they dare change anything that will affect the core mechanic of 8.3, rather than one boss that's currently seen by less than 100 people.
    Ease off the rage peddle there bud. Blizzard is okay to nerf this, but they need to see the consequence, and right now N'zoth is such a tight check for the enrage that this nerf will in fact impact the N'zoth race. My statement still stands, as does Max's, if this is done without a respective nerf to boss HP, we can expect this fight to take longer. Nothing i said is incorrect, nor does it say anything about this is being done exclusively because of N'zoth, but much like the PVP nerfs of old affecting PVE, this will affect the race.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post

????????????

all of them muted with no coms OH BOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Ease off the rage peddle there bud. Blizzard is okay to nerf this, but they need to see the consequence, and right now N'zoth is such a tight check for the enrage that this nerf will in fact impact the N'zoth race. My statement still stands, as does Max's, if this is done without a respective nerf to boss HP, we can expect this fight to take longer. Nothing i said is incorrect, nor does it say anything about this is being done exclusively because of N'zoth, but much like the PVP nerfs of old affecting PVE, this will affect the race.
    Given how Blizzard nerfed Ra'den after fixing his respawn timer this seems rather reasonable.
    I'm sure everyone is okay with an appropriately scaled EV nerf, when accompanied by proper boss HP tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    all of them muted with no coms OH BOY!!!
    No coms = no watch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Postaldude View Post
    Limit pulling sub 40% attempts in a row... I can smell a kill tonight be it them or method (unlikely imo)
    Someone tell Max to chill down. Take some extra 30 mins breaks. The secret sauce is letting all your competition catch up.