Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well it happened in pretty much every expansion, just the guilds getting there first and dealing with shitty bugs weren't streaming for the world to see it. This isn't anything new. Ask method about Kil'Jaeden if you think the twitch meme of "LUL FIRED QA TESTERS" is the reason for this.
    And no one seems to remember Blackwing Lair, the Raid that recieved *no* testing and was released so that it would be a "Surprise" for the Raiders, and it was a complete and total broken mess.

Or C'Thun and his belly tentacles. Or Yogg-"It's mathematically impossible"-saron. Or Arthas and his Saronite Bomb shenanigans.

And those are just the ones that are coming off at the top of my head. I'm sure there were plenty others back in the day I simply can't remember. This sort of thing has *always* been a thing with end-bosses in Raids, because Blizzard doesn't want to test them externally due to the stupid World First bullshit. You can either have a boss that is tested well and remains challenging, or shit like in XIV that are tested internally, but are so scripted and undertuned you're basically playing DDR and can complete the raid with the previous tier's gear.

As for the people crying that the boss has too much health and is over-tuned: Why is that a bad thing? Heaven forbid the boss doesn't die in a single reset or two. Weren't people constantly going on that end-bosses die too quickly now, and they should last as long as they did "back in the good 'ole days"?

I swear, sometimes you guys really do capture the whole "Wanting your cake and eating it too" metaphor.

My theory is the second portal would have ended the fight (some sort of RP in the chamber), but as it didn't work first few times they didn't then want to add it as Limit had already reached the win condition and it would have been so anti climatic to say "oh yeah actually you've already won". So now they remove it and make them go straight to the end.

Either way Limit are easily going to win now, they are country miles ahead of method. Definitely good for the race in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    My favorite thing is hearing this spouted as a fact.
    Well at least 2/3 of that statement are indeed facts.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

So wanna bet when you're going to kill it?
    A patchwerk fight with 500 million health and a 2 minute enrage timer would be unkillable by any guild that doesn't make it a good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well it happened in pretty much every expansion, just the guilds getting there first and dealing with shitty bugs weren't streaming for the world to see it. This isn't anything new. Ask method about Kil'Jaeden if you think the twitch meme of "LUL FIRED QA TESTERS" is the reason for this.
    None of this is relevant to what you quoted, go away with your strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Or they did test and because the PTR/internal realms/live are not the same bugs that don't appear in the first can, and have multiple times shown up on live. Every single piece of software testing has this kind of thing to the point it might not be known until seen and then can't be fixed with a flick of a switch.
    Sorry, sometimes I forget how badly sarcasm translates via text.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Blizzard just got greedy, so they fired everyone to maximise profits. That includes testers.
    They barely fired any testers... it's public knowledge. Their testers were just focusing on SL I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    If they kill this "bugged" version and the fight gets fixed later. Who claims the true World First?
    Kungen ™

10char

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I'm sure you can provide anything other than "I don't believe you" to back up. People being fired en masse is a fact. Quality control gone to shit is a fact.
    Like someone mentioned, there's a papertrail of the fired people and faking those is a fraud.

What a hilariously terrible secret phase. It was ok when we thought there would be another secret phase, maybe to build off it and be totally awesome. Blizzard really sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    A patchwerk fight with 500 million health and a 2 minute enrage timer would be unkillable by any guild that doesn't make it a good fight.
    Because everything before that part is a cakewalk, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    pun intended? maybe thats why we all get a cloak, blizzard are trying to improve our resistance to their shitty game design in 2020.
    this needs to become meme

Didn't they put a shield at on N'zoth at 25% that time they tried not going into the portal and just pushed the boss too, before despawning him when they came back?
    I bet it was literally Blizz not removing their panic-button from that time, the absolute incompetent fools.

Is N'zoth by far the most bugged boss of the modern raiding era?

It's insane the number of bugs.

The rest of the raid seemed "relatively" ok, but holy crap N'zoth is a mess.

If Limit loses this race I would give up.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So wanna bet when you're going to kill it?
    Implying nothing can be bad unless you can do better yourself, that's some grade A logic right there.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Implying nothing can be bad unless you can do better yourself, that's some grade A logic right there.
    I believe the choise of words was "pathetic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Is N'zoth by far the most bugged boss of the modern raiding era?

It's insane the number of bugs.

The rest of the raid seemed "relatively" ok, but holy crap N'zoth is a mess.

If Limit loses this race I would give up.
    It was the only boss that wasn't tested on PTR for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharena View Post
    Didn't they put a shield at on N'zoth at 25% that time they tried not going into the portal and just pushed the boss too, before despawning him when they came back?
    I bet it was literally Blizz not removing their panic-button from that time, the absolute incompetent fools.
    Yup, they killed the 'epic secret phase mob' and the shield fell off. So after being denied by the despawn it's not that far fetched they needed to do a 2nd secret phase. So they focused so long on trying to enter the gate...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They barely fired any testers... it's public knowledge. Their testers were just focusing on SL I guess.
    They did fire a lot of testers ... it's public knowledge. Yes the testers are on SL so fucknone to test the last trash content releases of Bfa.
    Nobody cares from Ion to Kotick. Most will forget in a week especially the drones who still expect quality from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    it's public knowledge.
    I suppose it will be a quick task for you to find source for that?

Eh, I don't know about ''Ion doesn't care''. He has to work within budget and dead line limits, CFO/CEO set that. He is neither.