Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Cubbys one and i think skroe also has one so there´s that.
    As has been pointed out, impeachment is not conviction. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread for impeachment has a post somewhere saying "I want him impeached knowing he won't be convicted."

This whole thing went better than expected. I thought maybe Romney might be on board, but suspected he'd go with party over country just like when he caved to try to be Secretary of State. But I absolutely expected Jones, Manchin, maybe even Sinema to vote with their state party preference. That they didn't is a sign of their sincerity, because all three may find reelection a very long shot now. Jones was already nearly a guaranteed loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It gives them something to parade around and out in ads and so on. So it works for them, especially in an election year.

You know how much it will be used and thrown around by Trump and the right. Trump has already said he'll give a speech tomorrow "on the impeachment hoax."
    Everyone already knows if they care about the administrations celebratory parade or not. It's not going pull or push anyone. If you was for Trump before the trial you're still for him. If you was against him, then you're still against him. It's not a bunch of people will suddenly support or reject him because of this outcome. He isn't suddenly going to get the favor of the House. The investigations don't even stop.

The biggest loser is perhaps Biden. Even thing else is business as usual or can be fixed.

Personally, I could not care less about a Trump or Trump supporter celebrating.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by henrike View Post
    Just stopping by to laugh at everyone who thought he'd be impeached.

I'll post again in November when he wins re-election. Take care until then!
    He’s been impeached, he’s still impeached, and will forever be impeached. Not surprised a trumpling doesn’t know words.

He does love the low educated though, you can feel good about that.

So I wonder which banned account this was.

BTW he was impeached

still shocked, but you know trump loves the uneducated that do not even know this fact.

I wonder when if ever they will get around to real bans....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It's so cute that you don't realize he was Impeached. The problem with drinking from the kool-aid firehose is that you end up avoiding facts and reality.

I told you guys. he is exact same copy of erdogan. you will see your constitution in ruins, rule of law no more.
    corruption levels unthinkable and a society who hates each other and cannot trust.
    he will be president again.

just be happy if he wont be able to change the law and become a president forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said a word about swaying voters. I'm specifically only talking about how the acquittal is good for the administration because they can use it for political ads and Twitter nonsense and so on. Fuck all to do with actual voters.
    Why would his administration run ads if it's not about the voters?

And I'm saying his ads and gloating really don't matter because his base is solidified. If someone tells you they are actually undecided on Trump they're an alien or a liar. His ads do nothing but reinforce opinions all formed and to make his opposition apathetic.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Trump's going to be more cautious? No way. The way I hear it...Trump is going to sell Alaska to Russia in order to get their help in 2020!
    Don't worry, he's the best deal maker ever, he'd get a great price for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans need purging, honestly.
    I love how the NEXT time they get a majority they'll work on those things, which is what they said they'd work on before, rather than the last time they had a majority for two whole fucking years. Unfortunately people fall for their shit like that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

maybe next time dont be idiots and rush things.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. Stacking the courts to agitate the left is no better than agitating the right with threats of gun grabs and socialized medicine. Both sides seem eager to hurt the other.
    Where do you people keep getting this "they will take our guns" shit? Seriously, drink any more of the kool-aid and you might as well be a giant pitcher that breaks through walls.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Yay!

I'm guessing Pelosi is regretting choosing Schiff, someone who would have been forbidden to play any role in a real impeachment, to lead the "inquiry".

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Doesn't matter to me. Stacking the courts to agitate the left is no better than agitating the right with threats of gun grabs and socialized medicine. Both sides seem eager to hurt the other.
    The left has never threatened too take guns and socialized medicine isn't a political ploy for us. There's your difference, we actually give a shit about the values we espouse, you guys just want to win Monopoly and will sell the country and Constitution to do it.

Every last person, that enabled Trump and supports this outcome is a traitor.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Yay!

I'm guessing Pelosi is regretting choosing Schiff, someone who would have been forbidden to play any role in a real impeachment, to lead the "inquiry".
    We honestly couldn't have asked for a better performance from Schiff. The results were still predictable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    We honestly couldn't have asked for a better performance from Schiff. The results were still predictable though.
    I'm not convinced Healing Rain is a real poster. Have they ever responded to anyone at all here?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not convinced Healing Rain is a real poster. Have they ever responded to anyone at all here?
    Most of these folks are not real posters. They are sockpuppet accounts run from who knows where. (Actually Moscow)

Schiff was fantastic. His work and speeches are going to be taught in history classes for decades to come on how to be a patriot. The president's "defense" was a complete joke. Even most republicans admit he did it and that it was wrong.

Every single person on this forum knows for a 100% fact that a republican congress would have removed a dem president over the same thing. They certainly tried to remove Clinton for much, much less.

But yes, we knew ahead of time Trump wasn't going to be removed. It was a long shot. The benefit is that now more people are fully aware of Trump's criminal activity. This entire process cost him at least a million votes. More importantly, it will cost republicans more house and senate seats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I probably voted for more Republicans in my 38 years than I have Democrats, though it’s close. But, after this dereliction of duty, I really don’t think I can ever vote for Republicans, like, for a long time. Maybe ever. This was just ugly. I just don’t get how people can become so servile and subservient to an obviously corrupt individual. I simply cannot imagine being so afraid of losing my job so as to prostrate myself before Trump like the GOP has done.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

May God ruin Donald Trump and every single one of his supporters.

I’m very proud of what the Democratic Party and all of us in anti-Trump did. Onto the next battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Schiff was fantastic. His work and speeches are going to be taught in history classes for decades to come on how to be a patriot. The president's "defense" was a complete joke. Even most republicans admit he did it and that it was wrong.

Every single person on this forum knows for a 100% fact that a republican congress would have removed a dem president over the same thing. They certainly tried to remove Clinton for much, much less.

But yes, we knew ahead of time Trump wasn't going to be removed. It was a long shot. The benefit is that now more people are fully aware of Trump's criminal activity. This entire process cost him at least a million votes. More importantly, it will cost republicans more house and senate seats.
    Lol good meme. If anything he wins by more votes, because people realize what a sham this whole impeachment process was, and the millions of dollars that Democrats wasted impeaching and trying to remove him when they knew what the outcome would be. The Democrats only went after him because he was digging up dirt on the corrupt Biden’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Unpopular opinion, Manchin voting no on impeachment should merit expulsion from the party.

There's a world of difference between trying to appeal to a right leaning state and being facile in the abuse of office to stay in power. The latter is Republican behavior.

West Virginia is not worth that level of ethical stain, I'm sorry.
    Well we don't have to worry about that, Manchin voted to remove on both accounts, as did sinema, as did doug jones. Jones, the democrate who's gonna have the toughest time in an election voted the right way, it might cost him, but he'll be on the right side of history,

I saw a last week tonight episode about how they got opened up gun control in australia. It was political suicide for the politician but he did the morally right thing and the results were less gun violence. Of course he didnt' get re-elected but australia is in much better place due to it. And the politician who did it, no regrets. he went there to fix problems, not get re-elected.

Anyone on the wrong side of this should merit expulsion, but the senate being as it is, the least democratic body in our government where land > people, we just don't have many politicians willing to do what right for the american people and fix the problems we have, it's all about staying in their seat of power, or perceived power.