Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your Favourite World Quests !1

Which World Quests do you enjoy the most?

for me.. I love they finally introduced puzzle like games into wow, shame they're not requried for most quests, like the old Zelda games.

Howver, i love:

1. Matching Leylines - love this puzzle

2. Runescape - get many runes

3. Shell game

4. Loh is lost in the city.

the one where you have the 3 arcane runes, and you have to quickly zap the arcane energy.. that's actually quite fun and good for hand eye co-ordination. I use to be quite good at that but i tried it recently and for some reason the button didn't always shoot.
    I'm wondering if it was lag.

6. The turtle shell smash in Naz'jatar was pretty good also. The one wher eyou jump into the shell, and smash the naga around you.. some of those can be quite fun, like the elmental one. I wish the turtle one had things youu could bounce off to give extra speed boosts and special abilities.

I'm not that intelligent. So I appreciate blizz giving us puzzles we can actually do without the leyline

I like some of the new Uldum puzzles in the west. Doing the new challenges was fun trying to figure out what the catch was.

- - - Updated - - -

The fun in raiding and dungeons use to be discovering how to do the instnaces, but the PTR/Beta testers have alwaydy mapped it out by the time we get htere, and every guild expects you to have red the tactics and know all the tricks before hand..I use to enjoy devising strategies to do them and figuring out what was happening.

I stil lenjoy the harder ones, as that requries being a bit skillful. But 8.3 , has had people shoot up in dps so greatly, tanks are now outdpsing someof my toons. Iut's crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy, but good crazy.. Tanks should do some decent damage, I know i'll catch up once i get the right corruptions, feel a minnow now though.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-02-06 at 04:11 PM.

I...this is embarrassing...i cant remember any.
    Oh wait, the one to catch some nuts and click squirrels

Prob shell matching. I find it relaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno... I just kinda do them mindlessly.

But I agree, the puzzle mini games are generally more engaging.
    Here is something to believe in!

the ones where I kill a single mob and gtfo asap

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Haha...definitely those...but also the puzzles. I hate Calligraphy though ^^
    you know what, I like trying my odds. That collector quest. I always do it in a specific order. i mean I open the top left and the one below it and go on in that order. from top left to bottom right.

I happened to fail on the last 4 once.
    and
    I completed all of it once. they were next to each other. all of them. what are the chances?

The leyline matching one and the penguin snowboarding game.

Probably the only 2 WQ I'll go out of my way to do.

Loot three treasure chests...oh, wait

Kill one elite mob quests, puzzles - though I'm not a huge Loh Go fan. Those are pretty much the only types I really enjoy. I don't like having to mess around with drop rates, hunting for 12 monkey butts, or flying all over a zone 8 times to get the 3rd chest, eyeball or banner to burn.

I'd have been MUCH happier with the invasion zones if they were the emissary style - even if the chest just contained 500 visions and 300 rep - than I am with them going backwards to what feels like WotLK dailies.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I...this is embarrassing...i cant remember any.
    Oh wait, the one to catch some nuts and click squirrels
    oh god i hate that one lol

yeah my favourites are probably the puzzle mini games - shell game etc

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    the ones where I kill a single mob and gtfo asap
    My favourite too. Beats collect xxx from a mob that has a chance to drop its quest item.

One that should be a WQ, somehow, is "It's Goat Time, Baby" in Badlands. One of the best quests in the game. Missed opportunity there. Another one that never happened is the MoP quest "Rampaging Rodents," where you punt marmots. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any WQs where i can mass aoe the shit out of everythin in my sight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

PPl made groups for that in the group finder...yep. Also people here claimed they got legendaries for completing it.
    really? off that? i thought leggos were restricted to rare mob kills, boss kills or emissaries - not random world quests

I am actually surprised there is no achievement tied to some of them. Like...let 12 turtles get to the water without an albatross / crab killing any. Or complete the Collector Kojo Puzzle in under x tries

- - - Updated - - -

PPl made groups for that in the group finder...yep. Also people here claimed they got legendaries for completing it.
    I wondered about that too, it would have been a nice side objective.

The puzzle ones in legion weren't that hot. The repeat the pattern one was soemtimes fun , someitmes annoying

As was the fly one that became trivial with flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Which World Quests do you enjoy the most?
    The puzzles/minigames are fun. The single-mob kills are nice and easy. The multikill/loot object ones are too similar to actual quests and boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    And I'm not even that intelligent.
    Must....... resist............. temptation..................!

hell yeah to everyone who said single elite mob quests. id rather fly across the continent for one of those than do the turtle shit or collect questitems especially since blizzard broke any of the world quest group finder addons

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no really memorable world quests for me. They're all just icons on a map.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

...at least you can't save Tickles in Naz with flying
    It did annoy me a bit. It' just that the jump mechanics are awkward.. they end up annoying more often than pleasing.

Doing it on WM isn't always great either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    the penguin snowboarding game.
    The WHAT????
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/