Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It will exist only as long as people don't realize that they're having to grind more to be as powerful as they were before. Those infinite stars, echoing void and twilight devastation procs AREN'T actually doing huge damage. They may look big but all of the mobs are tuned to have more HP to compensate for those hugs procs.

In relative terms, a level 120 decked out in BiS corruption, essences and azerite traits isn't any more powerful than a level 70 decked out in BiS gear. But the latter was much easier to achieve.
    Gotcha. So because YOU said it was better, 100% of all WoW players now agree with your assessment. Thanks for taking that on for us, thinking as an individual can be tough... especially in this day and age. Phew. I was dangerously close to forming my own opinion!

EV was dumpstered, lmao.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    It will exist only as long as people don't realize that they're having to grind more to be as powerful as they were before. Those infinite stars, echoing void and twilight devastation procs AREN'T actually doing huge damage. They may look big but all of the mobs are tuned to have more HP to compensate for those hugs procs.
    And? Corruption is technically not harder to achieve then a level 70 in BiS gear because the chances at gear, and corruption, are increased. Either way so what. Is it really a problem that a level 120 has different ways of gearing then a player 10 years ago? It is funny the lengths people go through in order to hate on the game. If you have to compare things to 10 years ago it may be 10 years past the time you let go and move on.

People used to go the entire tier or expansion with out getting best in slot. Now you have people complaining they spent millions (or purified hundreds) to get best in slot and it is being changed. Yep. Best in slot is apparently so hard to do if you can buy your way to it in 3 weeks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Living proof that even when Blizzard does what folks want there will always be someone that cries about it.
    i mean, to be fair, look who started this thread. when isnt he complaining about something.

10+ Year Old Account
    2020 and people are still taking @styil 's threads as serious and genuine. Sheesh.

But since we're on the topic, why complain about nerfs to something that people have been complaining needed nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You mean one of the only 3 casters they have that has high end raid experience? Corruption is an awful system and shouldn't exist it just provides flat damage for doing nothing. There isn't much depth to the system beyond that. If you are good you can deal with the add I guess such an interactive system /s
    Because titanforging was super interactive

The corruption system ain’t perfect but for every person you see doing extra damage chances are they are dealing with extra mechanics

Doesn’t matter what it is as the skill of players varies between those who can die at 20 corruption and those who deal with 97

The caster going “no one can make a good argument because it just comes down to them liking the dps increase” is utter bs because the corruption system replacing TF has a huge improvement that for a high end raider should be obvious

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dien-Ap-Sten View Post
    2020 and people are still taking @styil 's threads as serious and genuine. Sheesh.

But since we're on the topic, why complain about nerfs to something that people have been complaining needed nerfs?

Because they spent 3m on a rank 3 boe

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Because titanforging was super interactive

The corruption system ain’t perfect but for every person you see doing extra damage chances are they are dealing with extra mechanics

Doesn’t matter what it is as the skill of players varies between those who can die at 20 corruption and those who deal with 97

The caster going “no one can make a good argument because it just comes down to them liking the dps increase” is utter bs because the corruption system replacing TF has a huge improvement that for a high end raider should be obvious

- - - Updated - - -

Because they spent 3m on a rank 3 boe
    Titanforging is also an awful system. Give us tier back and stop this forging crap tier often changed your rotation and had you using stuff in ways you nornallly wouldn't that's good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Titanforging is also an awful system. Give us tier back and stop this forging crap tier often changed your rotation and had you using stuff in ways you nornallly wouldn't that's good design.
    Yes please

Give me the weird niche uses for abilities

Like the monk mastery proccing from serpent kick

Have my mages shield increase the damage they do for the duration of it

Make my warrior have the ability to insta cap rage and have it drain each second but make all abilities free and guaranteed crits...as a CD

You get my point

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still of the belief that corruption system is kind of fun, and far better than TF ever was.

My problem with the system however is that they didn't listen to feedback on the PTR or they have literally 0 people on their internal team that can do any math whatsoever. Even if you consider them completely ignorant, how did it take them this many weeks since the patch went live to compile enough data to figure out somethings were OBVIOUSLY busted (whether it be too strong, or too weak).

I've never faulted them for adjusting shit or changing shit when a patch goes live by small amounts (this at least tells you that they were relatively close on hitting the mark), but some of these changes are pretty laughable. What this reminds me of is the MASSIVE buffs/nerfs to azerite traits early in BFA when again, they let shit hit live servers that were quite literally overpowered or completely useless.

Personally I'd much rather them adjust classes or any systems periodically throughout a patch cycle (leaving classes or systems broken for a 6 month period because it would be too jarring is fucking awful IMO), but to bring a system like this live without any attempt to balance it on the PTR leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not one of these people, but what about people who bought BoEs with great corruptions on them a few weeks after the patch launched? What about those who cleansed void ritual so they could more efficiently allocate it's corruption cost elsewhere (but still use that piece, because it's a higher iLvL?). That's the part of the system that's sort of fucked.

I've seen adjustments whether they be nerfs/buffs or bug fixes over my 15 years, but I've never seen such massive changes to systems happen several weeks into a patch cycle, or several weeks after an expansion has launched (in regards to Azerite at the start of BFA, or corruption in 8.3).

15+ Year Old Account
    At first I was upset about the EV nerf, but it's a moot point now because I'm having trouble clearing the raid or getting invited to anything. Don't need the damage if I can't even participate in the game lol.

Solution would have been to give the possibility to reapply the cleansed corruption effect at another NPC. Really, if they change so much, its baffling how this can not exist.

Blizzard caved, holding nerfs till next reset.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Blizzard caved, holding nerfs till next reset.
    I don't know if I'd consider that "caving" so much as they're not completely fucking retarded. (Only mostly for releasing Corrupted gear in this state. hehexd :^) This kind of shit can seriously fuck with something the RWF.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It has happened before. Everyone should have expected some tuning to take place. The only people that can be excused are the ones who just started playing the game.
    This kind of shit has not happened before, ever. Corruption is new and it's removable, something never available before. Any gear you got rid of in the past you could restore, you can't restore a corruption that your purge off with MOTHER.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    They only touched a few outliners, like Infinite Stars.

I'm not shocked at all that they want to bring the bottom ones up more, and this isn't anything new. They've done the same in the past several times, tuning passes on trinkets just to get other trinkets at a later point.

While nerfing the more powerful ones after people have already started raiding leaves a bad taste in my mouth because that's going to cause a power swing in terms of progression (and lord help me I can already image the people who whine about parses forgetting that the outliners will probably have pre-nerf corruption pieces for a while now), it's not really a surprise that they're doing this again.

There's a reason I've been holding onto every corrupted piece and not purifying them.
    The difference is as I stated, in the past items could be restored, Corruption effects can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Because the 5 fucking people who download and actively test on the PTR are a great sample size?
    Blizzard routinely ignores feedback. There are numerous blatant examples throughout history. This is common knowledge at this point, so I'm not going to elaborate.

People love to give Blizzard shit for not testing their game properly but then when they're given the opportunity to help they check out because it's a fucking video game and giving legitimate feedback seems too much like a job.
    The thing is... what type of retarded developer looks at something like corruption doing 20% of someone's total DPS and thinks "this is fine!"?
    Bad ones with no foresight or ideas about balancing... that's who. They shouldn't NEED to be told a design is bad. They shouldn't need to be told about bugs, either. What they need to do is nut up and pay people EXCLUSIVELY to hop on their game and test it for them instead of attempting to offload that work for free to their player base, but that will never happen now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The difference is as I stated, in the past items could be restored, Corruption effects can't.
    I highly doubt that factors into Blizzard's balancing choice though.

7+ Year Old Account
    FFXIV because WoW lost its soul over a decade ago.
    No, they should be rebuked more harshly. People asked for titanforging and benthic to be gone but instead they gave us something that is an unholy amalgamation of both of those systems.
    Because you don't realize that this game is trying too hard to cater to two wildly different groups of people with conflicting desires and ambitions for playing or general opinion on how the game should be played. Blizzard tries to add systems and find an awful middle level. Corruption in this iteration exists because there are a bunch of people who argued for they think that because a little luck went in their favor that the item should be bestowed with additional stats and be better than it normally is and transcend its quality into that of higher content without actually doing that higher content.

A lot of people who actively play the game would just like to return to the idea that when gear drops the only RNG should be whether it dropped or not, but you have a lot of people on the far bottom of the spectrum in terms of player ability that endlessly clamor for "WELL THIS ISN'T FAIR! I SHOULD HAVE REALLY OP PIECES TOO BECAUSE MY 15 DOLLARS IS EQUAL TO THEIR 15 DOLLARS!"

TBC did well because Blizzard identified who their long term players were and actively made content for them and by proxy kept other people not at that point playing because they wanted to be at that point one day too and because general game opinion was high as a result of that.

Blizzard can't make difficult challenges unless they are hidden off in a box buried deep at the end of the closet that you have to actively go looking for (Mythic) because it isn't fair to players who can't do these things. They can't make lengthy quest chains because it's unfair to people who can't or refuse to play the game for more than 20 minutes at a time. They can't have items from higher difficulties be just outright better in any regard no matter what because it isn't fair to players who refuse to, or just outright can't engage with that content who will then scream about catering to elitism like they do with anything.

This is why you get a game that the quests are timegated in small segments, loot is heavily RNG based so that people spamming +3 keys can get something comparable to what you could find in a +15 if you were lucky because despite the numerous excuses they will give as to why they can't, the fact of the matter exists they just can't do 15s, why you have four raid difficulties with one actually being hard, two being braindead, and a third being slightly less braindead but still pretty simple if you don't play with room temperature IQ players.

This whole game is an unholy amalgamation that pleases next to nobody unless you're in the special group that for some reason can have the game literally ran into the dirt to appease but they still find things that just aren't fair to them and continue complaining. At this point I'm thoroughly convinced the whole "Give a Mouse a Cookie" story should be forcibly rammed down the throats of every person until they understand the core meaning of it.

For the record in case it wasn't obvious in my writing, I don't believe in fairness and when I said "because it isn't fair" I was saying it very mockingly. I have always been of the opinion that if you are not able to do something, you do not deserve the rewards. I wouldn't give an A grade on a test that fell below that mark and because of a coinflip their score titanforged from a D to an A. Put in D grade work, get D grade rewards.
    Last edited by VinylScratch; 2020-02-06 at 04:38 AM.

So did you plan to take part in the world first race?. The coordination required tu pull off using the trait properly is not something most guilds can manage so it doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Blizzard routinely ignores feedback. There are numerous blatant examples throughout history. This is common knowledge at this point, so I'm not going to elaborate.
    Please enlighten me. What defines good feedback? How is anybody's feedback better than anybody else's? "Ignores feedback" is such a broad generalization that it can be used to define literally. fucking. anything. Blizzard either does or doesn't do.

The thing is... what type of retarded developer looks at something like corruption doing 20% of someone's total DPS and thinks "this is fine!"?
    Bad ones with no foresight or ideas about balancing... that's who. They shouldn't NEED to be told a design is bad. They shouldn't need to be told about bugs, either. What they need to do is nut up and pay people EXCLUSIVELY to hop on their game and test it for them instead of attempting to offload that work for free to their player base, but that will never happen now-a-days.
    The kind of retarded people who are told that their patch needs to be released by a certain date to meet a certain deadline that coincides with a certain yearly mount promotion. The kind of retarded people who are probably just as unhappy when a patch sucks dick as much as the players are. The kind of people who are doing the best they can but it's really fucking hard to be enthusiastic about their job when the entire fucking internet wants to be cheeky cunts about how they decide to release their content.

But hey, just throw the "ignores feedback" generalization in there and suddenly you've justified any negative opinion you have about Blizzard. Grats dude. Enjoy the meaningless platitudes.
    Last edited by arr0gance; 2020-02-06 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Please enlighten me. What defines good feedback? How is anybody's feedback better than anybody else's? "Ignores feedback" is such a broad generalization that it can be used to define literally. fucking. anything. Blizzard either does or doesn't do.
    I'll give you one example and I'm not discussing it any more. People bitched and moaned about the GCD change.

But hey, just throw the "ignores feedback" generalization in there and suddenly you've justified any negative opinion you have about Blizzard. Grats dude. Enjoy the meaningless platitudes.
    I mean if you're not aware of all the times this type of shit has happened in the past, then you're not someone who is following closely enough or paying attention. I really don't want to have to go back and do research for shit I know to be true but can't specifically remember. I'll just settle for not convincing you, because at this point I really don't care if I do or don't.

Just don't tell people they're bitching for no reason, because I'm here to verify they aren't.

Edit: I just went and looked at the visions PTR. Go give MULTIPLE threads over there a read if you want to see that people ABSOLUTELY caught the huge discrepancy in corruption traits and complained about them being too strong and impactful.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-06 at 04:49 AM.