Been listening to Max's stream for about... 6 hours now and it seems like they got a bit high off of themselves, now they are correcting a lot of things and fine tuning. Which takes pulls and pulls and pulls.

Limit should do carapace nzoth splits then sleep their play has been deteriorating.

Did Method do some pulls on N'Zoth today? or they spent all their time on re-clear and split runs?
    Last edited by Xjev; 2020-02-06 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Did Method do some pulls on N'Zoth today? or they spent all their time on re-clear and split runs?
    Quite a few pulls with little (visible) progress. Then they went to do splits, tried again and called it.

Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    Somehow, a rat seems like the most appropriate end xpac mount we've had.
    Ah yes, I do like my DBFZ GT Goku mount.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    Christ, if Blizz doesn't eventually add the last mythic phase back in at some point that will be a new low. Literally leaving the endboss of the xpac unfinished. Even WoD closed with a great fight in Archi.
    I haven't watched a for a couple hours, is there actually a phase missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I haven't watched a for a couple hours, is there actually a phase missing?
    Yes they aren't going to admit it but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cram View Post
    Yeah Limits only going to get half credit for winning if they do pull out the W. Because they had a day head start. A day that was spent beta testing Nzoth. Wiping on a perfect pull at 20% because Blizz said "Gotcha" with gate spawns. Oh and some light beta testing for Carapace. Any time advantage Limit has from being NA has been completely wiped away. They've killed it the entire race and if they down Nzoth first its absolutely legit
    Stop crying lol

I was talking about the boss being half programmed and full of bugs that destroy the fun of the wf

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There was nothing assumed, you are the one that related it to the expansion. Got caught being wrong, want to pretend you weren't and it's a "strawman". Nice try but it happens bud.
    Yes, I find a buggy mess of an end boss quite fitting to an expansion I personally see as a mess. That is not in any way the same as saying it's exclusive to BfA only, nor did I say anything about it being due to fired QA people.

You're adding an awful lot of extra baggage to what I said, so yes, it is very much a strawman.

Putting words in other peoples mouths and then being arrogant about it when it's pointed out to you is not a good look bud.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yes they aren't going to admit it but yes.
    And you know this how exactly...? No reason at all? Seems about right.

No mythic boss ever had more than one secret phase. Does not matter if it was Ragnaros, Archimonde and Gul'dan. Does not matter if the phase was cool or "meh". If there was a new phase, there was only one. The amount of effort put into designing multiple ones wouldn't make up for hugely limited audience that takes part in those. Especially when done on top of already have 11 different bosses.

What's far more likely is that the gate wasn't triggering properly, or they underestimated just how much damage people could do by ignoring it. This would explain the shield at 25% - forcing the people to actually do the phase - and then later on buffing the boss damage so the gate has to be used immediately.

Not to mention it seems far more likely than "Blizzard is lying to us!!! There was supposed to be an entirely different fourth phase, but they dropped it - and this, somehow, hasn't completely broke the fight on the live servers. Because we totally have time to completely rework this boss and it won't make things worse."

As it is now, it's perfectly killable, if not exactly thrilling to watch. Comparable to Deathwing, who was far simpler and had his own annoying bugs.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2020-02-06 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

No mythic boss ever had more than one secret phase. Does not matter if it was Ragnaros, Archimonde and Gul'dan. Does not matter if the phase was cool or "meh". If there was a new phase, there was only one. The amount of effort put into designing multiple ones wouldn't make up for hugely limited audience that takes part in those. Especially when done on top of already have 11 different bosses.

What's far more likely is that the gate wasn't triggering properly, or they underestimated just how much damage people could do by ignoring it. This would explain the shield at 25% - forcing the people to actually do the phase - and then later on buffing the boss damage so the gate has to be used immediately.

Not to mention it seems far more likely than "Blizzard is lying to us!!! There was supposed to be an entirely different fourth phase, but they dropped it - and this, somehow, hasn't completely broke the fight on the live servers. Because we totally have time to completely rework this boss and it won't make things worse."

As it is now, it's perfectly killable, if not exactly thrilling to watch. Comparable to Deathwing, who was far simpler and had his own annoying bugs.
    You're misunderstanding. That first gate does not come out at 25%, it comes out much earlier in the pull. the gate that was coming out at 25% no longer comes out. Blizzard fixed something after Limit spent half the day trying to work around that second gate. There is no "second gate' anymore, there is only the one, about 1/2 of the way through.

Limit calling it for today.

Truly have to wonder if Method doing splits could be the thing that tilts it.

Limit calls it a night, best pull 10.3%.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Limit calling it for today.

Truly have to wonder if Method doing splits could be the thing that tilts it.
    Eh they are still way off a kill and limit definitely got tilted for a while dealing with the mega bugs. That first 20% pull they had everyone up and just hard tilted when the gateway was unclickable even while completely clear.

- - - Updated - - -

He started doing some new rp the first time they hit 25% and the gateway was apparently showing as clickable. After that the rp got removed and the gateway no longer showed as clickable.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chorx View Post
    You're misunderstanding. That first gate does not come out at 25%, it comes out much earlier in the pull. the gate that was coming out at 25% no longer comes out. Blizzard fixed something after Limit spent half the day trying to work around that second gate. There is no "second gate' anymore, there is only the one, about 1/2 of the way through.
    And they ignored that first gate entirely at some point. This is not me "misunderstanding" it, it's Blizzard not making sure that people actually had to core mechanic of a fight and then hastily fixing it, breaking couple other things in the process. Also, people expecting more from this fight than just burning a huge mass of hitpoints while doing the exact same thing for minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    He started doing some new rp the first time they hit 25% and the gateway was apparently showing as clickable. After that the rp got removed and the gateway no longer showed as clickable.
    And was that actually new RP or the old one? Maybe it was the kill speech or something else entirely. As far as proof goes, it's very flimsy.

As an mythic ex-raider, watching Limit and Method racing really put me on the fence whenever I should resub and casually raid with friends again. Until Blizzard removed a trigger for unique boss mechanic and scripted event that was a secret last phase after Limit put in time and readjusted for it, to then say "lol just beat enrage timer". Good luck to Limit still.

1- They're still allowed to develop their game by doing stuff "they've never done before".
    2- You're probably right given that the Mythic Secret Phase for Argus was a watered-down (mechanically) Heroic P4 and Mythic Argus outright removed one phase (P3).

Archimonde was quite something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    As an mythic ex-raider, watching Limit and Method racing really put me on the fence whenever I should resub and casually raid with friends again. Until Blizzard removed a trigger for unique boss mechanic and scripted event that was a secret last phase after Limit put in time and readjusted for it, to then say "lol just beat enrage timer". Good luck to Limit still.
    You wanted to casually raid with friends but a change to a mythic end boss that will not even be seen by "casuals" made you change your mind? Even if "casual" means "still getting cutting edge", boss will be fixed and nerfed by then, since it will be months. All these bugs and changes affect less than a hundred people, they have zero impact on "casual raiding".

I am really astonished. Bad numbers tuning is somehow ok because of course Blizzard internal testers are nowhere near to the top guilds, but mechanics HAVE TO WORK AS INTENDED.

If something has to trigger with boss at x% health and it does not, it means it has not been tested properly and this is really unacceptable.

Not counting that deciding to postpone corrupted effects nerfs to next reset AFTER the EU guilds went to bed an ran their last hours in HC mode to gather other gear is... well I can’t find words. It won’t make THAT difference because Limit are too ahead anyways but it’s another example of poor decision making.