10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands

Lightbulb please help: new laptop comparison

I am currently looking to buy a new laptop as my old one Asus N551JK-CN157H is becoming a bit slow and I can't play with high settings in most games.
    I've been looking at the ASUS ZenBook 15 as I really like the design: It is a must that my laptop does not look like a gaming laptop as I also use it professionally. Hence laptops such as HP Legion are a no go for me.
    I have been comparing these 2:
    Asus ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-A9109T
    Asus ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-AA052T

Strangly enough the cheaper one (the first) seems to have better videochip according to this website. Does this mean it is better suited for gaming? The latter seems to have a better screen (4khd vs fullhd) and more storage. However, I never use the full storage and the screen is probably not that much of a difference for me considering I'm fine with my current one. In general, do you guys think this is a good upgrade considering my wishes within this budget? Especially looking at the gaming performance. Or do you think there is a much better option out there?

probably noteworthy: I just play WoW, LoL and civ series.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    I am currently looking to buy a new laptop as my old one Asus N551JK-CN157H is becoming a bit slow and I can't play with high settings in most games.
    I've been looking at the ASUS ZenBook 15 as I really like the design: It is a must that my laptop does not look like a gaming laptop as I also use it professionally. Hence laptops such as HP Legion are a no go for me.
    I have been comparing these 2:
    Asus ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-A9109T
    Asus ZenBook 15 UX534FTC-AA052T

Strangly enough the cheaper one (the first) seems to have better videochip according to this website. Does this mean it is better suited for gaming? The latter seems to have a better screen (4khd vs fullhd) and more storage. However, I never use the full storage and the screen is probably not that much of a difference for me considering I'm fine with my current one. In general, do you guys think this is a good upgrade considering my wishes within this budget? Especially looking at the gaming performance. Or do you think there is a much better option out there?

probably noteworthy: I just play WoW, LoL and civ series.
    I dont see whats wrong with using a gaming laptop professionally. Is someone gona say YOUR LAPTOP HAS A RED OUTLINE im not gona work with you.

On another note, Dell gaming laptops and the ones Walmart has been pushing are very good for their deals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should point out that the specs are roughly the same except for two things.

The "MaxQ" on the second option is a lower clocked version, as far as I can tell.

The second option also has a higher resolution, so it'll LOOK nicer (especially in movies and stuff) however gaming will be a lot slower, as its a weaker card pushing higher resolution.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    The latter seems to have a better screen (4khd vs fullhd)
    I really dont consider a 4k display on a laptop "better".

The pixels are already so small even on a 1080p laptop display, that going to a 4k display is just wasting power and making it WAY harder for your GPU to push games on the screen. Either that or you have to scale down to 1080p anyway, which just makes it look muddy.

I have no idea why they cram 4k displays into laptops.

I'd rather get a high-refresh display.

I use a gaming laptop for work .From the 144 Hz matrix. it is very convenient to work with it.

For gaming, I'd avoid a 4k display on a laptop. Like Chazus said, its looks good but honestly you are going to be scaling everything back to 1080p anyways since reading text and using your laptop in any way is near impossible at 4k on a 15" laptop. The highest resolution on a 15" laptop I'd go with is 2560x1440. I wouldn't buy anything lower than 1080p though.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro