Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not convinced Healing Rain is a real poster. Have they ever responded to anyone at all here?
    Yes, I have watched him respond once where he actually admitted he was a troll and a drive by shit poster.

Someone how commented how it was a poor attempt and how bad it was and it ruffled his panties so he responded about how good he was at it because of how many responses he get to it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

You know when this all went side ways and lost any chance of anything but acquittal? When the house went forward with impeachment without gathering any proof, any hearse, anything that showed that Trump was pushing for the investigations for personal gain. I mean I have heard the house leaders say it over and over, but I never saw any questions to any of the 19 witnesses on why Trump wanted them.

I mean if he believes that the investigations were needed because of all the smoke there seems to be... Lets be honest, Biden is on tape saying he (to use the original words I heard on CNN about Trump) bribed an ally government to get rid of a prosecutor that was investigating the company his son was working for.... That smells funny.I have no idea if there is any corruption involved, but it sounds like something to be investigated especially when it was done with tax payer money.

Then we have the 2016 interference claim. Lets be honest Russian meddled, we know this. Apparently there were Ukraine officials that also meddled, at least according to Ukraine courts that ruled that they did. Does that mean Russia didn't? Of course not. But the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Then there was the server thing. That I think was something Rudy came up with after smoking something he should really leave to those younger.

But in the end, he he believed in the corruption and wanted it investigated because it was the right thing to push for from an ally that we have a shared investigations treaty with, then its not abuse of power. If the investigations came up with nothing, it could prove he was being stupid in his belief, but that's not abuse.

I worry about the precedent this set. Because think about it. An impeachment that charged no statutory crime and no proof of motive behind the act. Lets say that Trump loses, but the republicans take the house. The next president puts back in place a new Dream act. They can impeach. Its outside of the current immigration law, hence its abuse of power. He/she was doing it because he was going to get them the ability to vote so they could help them win in the 2024 election. ---Remember they don't need the real motive (which would probably be benign), they just need to believe they know the motive and make it bad.

This will come back to bite everyone, just like when the democrats opened up the nuclear option in the 80's, it always comes back around and we the 'little' people always seem to end up paying the price for the political games they all play.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Same person that said Trump would never be impeached and that they were voting for him because the US needed fiscal responsibility

Those 2 things worked out really well, huh?
    Pretty much, but he doesn't believe what he says at all, he has openly admitted to being a drive by shit poster when someone actually posted insulting just how bad of a troll he was which damaged his ego enough he had to respond bragging about how many people respond to his posts so he is actually good at it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Whoever that poster was, they were 100% right. Low effort and low quality.
    The biggest thing for me is why he is still allowed to do that. We have major known shit posters who do just that and pretty much nothing else and they continue to get away with it constantly. They should actually put a stop to that.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the Romney vote is important just to quell the idea of the "partisan" impeachment. Romney was the GOP Presidential candidate before Trump, it'll be hard to reasonably argue he's a Democratic hack.
    They still will.

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    He was acquitted. Well, who would have guessed right?
    It was all but guaranteed, thanks to Republicans not caring about the law anymore. But the fact they never called witnesses or evidence makes it a fucking coverup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    You know when this all went side ways and lost any chance of anything but acquittal? When the house went forward with impeachment without gathering any proof, any hearse, anything that showed that Trump was pushing for the investigations for personal gain. I mean I have heard the house leaders say it over and over, but I never saw any questions to any of the 19 witnesses on why Trump wanted them.

I mean if he believes that the investigations were needed because of all the smoke there seems to be... Lets be honest, Biden is on tape saying he (to use the original words I heard on CNN about Trump) bribed an ally government to get rid of a prosecutor that was investigating the company his son was working for.... That smells funny.I have no idea if there is any corruption involved, but it sounds like something to be investigated especially when it was done with tax payer money.

Then we have the 2016 interference claim. Lets be honest Russian meddled, we know this. Apparently there were Ukraine officials that also meddled, at least according to Ukraine courts that ruled that they did. Does that mean Russia didn't? Of course not. But the 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

Then there was the server thing. That I think was something Rudy came up with after smoking something he should really leave to those younger.

But in the end, he he believed in the corruption and wanted it investigated because it was the right thing to push for from an ally that we have a shared investigations treaty with, then its not abuse of power. If the investigations came up with nothing, it could prove he was being stupid in his belief, but that's not abuse.

I worry about the precedent this set. Because think about it. An impeachment that charged no statutory crime and no proof of motive behind the act. Lets say that Trump loses, but the republicans take the house. The next president puts back in place a new Dream act. They can impeach. Its outside of the current immigration law, hence its abuse of power. He/she was doing it because he was going to get them the ability to vote so they could help them win in the 2024 election. ---Remember they don't need the real motive (which would probably be benign), they just need to believe they know the motive and make it bad.

This will come back to bite everyone, just like when the democrats opened up the nuclear option in the 80's, it always comes back around and we the 'little' people always seem to end up paying the price for the political games they all play.
    Yeah, we can tell you never watched any of the shit that was presented, or read any of the testimony. Thanks for letting us know you are nothing but a Fox Bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They still will.
    Already done
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...226700800?s=19

10+ Year Old Account
    For a country that hates kings so much, there sure are a lot of people that believe in the god given absolute power of the ̶m̶̶o̶̶n̶̶a̶̶r̶̶c̶̶h̶ administration.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I think the Romney vote is important just to quell the idea of the "partisan" impeachment. Romney was the GOP Presidential candidate before Trump, it'll be hard to reasonably argue he's a Democratic hack.
    If you look back at Clinton and Johnson, this is actually the first ever bi partisan impeachment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there some thing in right-wing media calling for for revenge against Democrats now? I came back from a night out with the family and my Republican co-workers are posting things that range from claiming that the Democrats are trying to forcibly take control of the government and should be jailed....to the actual push for executing Schiff and Pelosi.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Is there some thing in right-wing media calling for for revenge against Democrats now? I came back from a night out with the family and my Republican co-workers are posting things that range from claiming that the Democrats are trying to forcibly take control of the government and should be jailed....to the actual push for executing Schiff and Pelosi.
    They have been pushing that bullshit since the impeachment started. But the fact that people are now being arrested for it, is why Trump should be dragged kicking and screaming from the White House and Fox News should be shut off for inciting violence.

So I guess this paves the perfect precedence for a democrat president to abuse their power in a clearly impeachable manner for political or even personal purposes, but is essentially immune from being impeached because party-line voting rather than is-or-isn't voting is the new mainstay of modern day US politics.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Welcome to the "rest of the world's history", United States of America. Enjoy your autocracy, we sure didn't enjoyed ours.

But the Republicans are correct, it's the Land of the Free, including freedom of being corrupt and dictatorial.

Rand Paul is calling for the DOJ to investigate the whistleblower.

You know, the DOJ that refused a criminal referral from the CIA over Trump's actions. Clearly will be unbiased.

Must be nice guys to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Welcome to the "rest of the world's history", United States of America. Enjoy your autocracy, we sure didn't enjoyed ours.

But the Republicans are correct, it's the Land of the Free, including freedom of being corrupt and dictatorial.
    Freedom from freedom is technically a legitimate type of freedom too.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    At least Democrats can now break the law without consequence, now that the precedent has been set for it. Can't wait for Republicans to cry about Democrat crime, just have to point back to Trump and laugh in their faces.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Susin Collins: i think Trump learned his lesson.

Trump's first tweet after being acquitted.

Yup, sure looks like he learned his lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Susin Collins: i think Trump learned his lesson.

Trump's first tweet after being acquitted.

Yup, sure looks like he learned his lesson.
    Susan Collins is going for the "Dumbest Bitch in America" award.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Susan Collins is going for the "Dumbest Bitch in America" award.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ference-110346

Ernst said it, so Collins parrotted it to give her an out to vote the way she did. but who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows?