Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    3 dead first upstairs/downstairs phase lmao breaks sure helped
    and now it's 5 minutes before next pull. I just don't get it, this delay between pulls just doesn't make any sense. They got their strat (which is different than Limit's thats for sure, Limit doesn't even focus the Thot Harvesters, just cleave, while Method are prioritizing them.), what do they have to talk about??
    From Beta: "WoW is now a turn-based game, GG"

Also, method's dps is way lower than limit's.....

Quote Originally Posted by khabal View Post
    and now it's 5 minutes before next pull. I just don't get it, this delay between pulls just doesn't make any sense. They got their strat (which is different than Limit's thats for sure, Limit doesn't even focus the Thot Harvesters, just cleave, while Method are prioritizing them.), what do they have to talk about??
    you know whats worse is that they have few new people in the raid now and those people just need practice to get used to the timings and shit and instead they are just sitting there talking again like that will stop meeres from dying 2 times in 5 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    you know whats worse is that they have few new people in the raid now and those people just need practice to get used to the timings and shit and instead they are just sitting there talking again like that will stop meeres from dying 2 times in 5 seconds
    exactly what i was thinking, they're 150 pulls in, and ppl still die in first phase, what's there to talk about? stop failing. Think about it, they are dying more (taking more risks probably) but their dps is STILL below Limit. I know their M.O. is to take lots of breaks, it's their process, but this is too much. I don't remember all these breaks in Azshara. Once they decided on their strat, it was go go time.

That is very true, but i think they are capable of pulling it off this time. There's alot going on between 48.8% and 10.6% and thats what Method still has to solve. That plus the resolve that Limit seem to have this race, i think makes it across the line. But it should be interesting to see. (I also would love to see how the other 11/12 guilds are doing, but seems to be very little info around).
    This indeed. Seems like Limit is very determined, while with Method it seems like they really don't care that much. This is Limit's race to lose now, but I doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Believe it or not, Max says he likes N'zoth better than Azshara cause it doesn't have any LOS bullshit mechanics, and that seems to be common with most of the guild.
    Really??? Huh, colour me surprised. I wasn't really interested in EP's WF so I didn't think the LoS mechanics were that big of a deal there (as in, a problem). Unless those too were bugged?

I wonder what are their thoughts on rest of the raid, Il'gynoth and Ra-den for example. Max says he still has no idea what's going on in Drest'agath's fight, which is pretty funny to hear considering how well they're doing in it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Believe it or not, Max says he likes N'zoth better than Azshara cause it doesn't have any LOS bullshit mechanics, and that seems to be common with most of the guild.
    So it's not the worst boss ever made? I thought we had a consensus in this thread - and everyone knows that armchair raiders are more correct than actual world first raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I mean this is absolutely not an easy boss in terms of mechanics it just doesn't feel epic in scope compared to other end of expansion end bosses especially for one that we have building to for multiple expansions. The puddle placement, beams, paranoia, push/pull and add casts seem easy on your own then you realize they can and do sync up which is where the difficulty of the fight comes from. You also have limited sanity and aoe restore that can only be used once per player and forces grouping. While the hearrt phase seems quite easy in comparison it forces burning a ton of necks making the sanity gate a significant issue and positioning paramount. There is a reason this looks to be a 300 pull boss without the 4th phase that "totally didn't ever exist"
    Compare it to Jaina or Azshara...
    It's obvious that Blizzard had a mythic only phase planned, which was scrapped because of bugs, which is why N'zoth is such a disappointment... but as it currently sits it has to be considered the worst and easiest end of expansion encounter for many expansions, maybe even all time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Yes? The overlaps are extraordinarily difficult to execute have you not been watching? There is a reason people keep dying first phase and contrary to what twitch chat is saying it isn't because they are bad players.
    Lots of deaths are because of bugs, P1 is a joke... do you even listen to Limits streams? They're bullshitting and joking for 2/3rds of the encounter.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Method now has comparable DPS to Limit, this should be interesting to see what happens next since Method dropped most of their melee and they also have two disc priests. Limit still has to run splits, not even sure if they are going to but it might be beneficial to shave off a couple of extra %.

I've got a feeling Method might win this one though assuming they get their P2 sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Looks like Method now has comparable DPS to Limit, this should be interesting to see what happens next since Method dropped most of their melee and they also have two disc priests. Limit still has to run splits, not even sure if they are going to but it might be beneficial to shave off a couple of extra %.

I've got a feeling Method might win this one though assuming they get their P2 sorted.
    they're still almost 2% behind on first burn phase and cannot make it to chamber room consistently. I agree that this setup seems better, but i wouldnt put money on Method yet.

They're still significantly behind but it does seem better now at least.

So funny how people try to lecture Method in here. They have done the exact same thing all previous WR races and have always snatched world first. This is still Limits race to lose though.

"N'Zoth ruined the fun of WF's. He's so broken! OMG! REEEE!!!!"

Literally everyone: *Looks at Kil'jaeden, Yogg'Saron, Firelands Ragnaros, and C'Thun* Heresy...

Do they? At the end of Convergence cast (which is a transition to phase 2) Method with no deaths were at 81%. Limit hovers around 77% usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Really??? Huh, colour me surprised. I wasn't really interested in EP's WF so I didn't think the LoS mechanics were that big of a deal there (as in, a problem). Unless those too were bugged?

I wonder what are their thoughts on rest of the raid, Il'gynoth and Ra-den for example. Max says he still has no idea what's going on in Drest'agath's fight, which is pretty funny to hear considering how well they're doing in it.
    I know some of the raiders in Limit seem to like the soccer boss because it allows individual players to shine. Also they all seem to hate the carapace because its so short and lackluster. As for the other bosses i think most don't have a real opinion one way or the other.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Why didn't Blizzard combine Carapace and N'zoth fight on mythic? It would be so cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Why didn't Blizzard combine Carapace and N'zoth fight on mythic? It would be so cool.
    They really should've been 1 massive fight, ngl.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    They really should've been 1 massive fight, ngl.
    30 minutes per pull lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    30 minutes per pull lmao.
    A perfect fit for Method.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "N'Zoth ruined the fun of WF's. He's so broken! OMG! REEEE!!!!"

Literally everyone: *Looks at Kil'jaeden, Yogg'Saron, Firelands Ragnaros, and C'Thun* Heresy...
    Because back then it wasn't "in" to hate blizzard