Poll: Is WoW fun for you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I have fun playing wow, to be honest, I've been playing since 2008, but I've never played a complete expansion, I always take some kind of break, If I don't have enough time or at the end of an expansion that's taking too long (I'm looking at you, siege of orgrimmar).

I started in the beginning of WotLK, played all of it except for ICC cause my laptop died, then played some cata at the start and the end, played the last portion of MoP, Ironically I think the expansion I played the most was WoD... then played legion with gaps in between patches cause I was in the middle of a IDon'tKnowWhatClassToPlay crisis, and then BFA, I took breaks at the end of uldir, dazaralor, eternal palace and now I'm back... with the way content is being released, I'm most likely gonna take a break after finishig heroic nyalotha, maybe I'll try some mythic or switch to an alt... But I'll surely take a break and come back for the prepatch, eventually

I get enjoyment from WoW still, but the inevitable slowdown of progression, if not a complete halt of where you have to wait a week at a time to progress your character in a fun or meaningful way gets old real fast for me. So I tend to take extended breaks until the ilvl increases or I feel like playing an alt.

Sometimes neither, if I'm not happy with the current state of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    If you ain't givin' five across the eye, you ain't parentin' right!
    Ah, I see you believe in the "you can sit down and shut up or I can pop you in the mouth again" disciplinarian parenting style.

Only way to raise a kid right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Ah, I see you believe in the "you can sit down and shut up or I can pop you in the mouth again" disciplinarian parenting style.

Only way to raise a kid right.
    A kid in a fetal position is a kid what's learnin'!

(My god Kaphael, we are going to hell...)

Obviously, or I wouldn't play it. If I'm working towards a goal and can see my steady progress towards it, I'm generally happy. I'm glad to have an army of alts now so if Blizzard screws up my main again I have all the backups in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been 4 pages guys how did this manage to become the new topic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No way, God believes in corporal punishment to teach a lesson, too!

(Ok, now I really am.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's been 4 pages guys how did this manage to become the new topic?
    We are taking the thread in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Honestly, no. I've been unsubscribed for 60%+ of BFA at this point. A friend convinced me to come back for a month recently, and I don't see it lasting. For me, after playing uninterrupted since Classic (Save 3 months during WoD), BFA broke the "magic" of the game somehow. I finally realized that 95% of my in-game friends were gone, that I was essentially just going through the motions doing things that I didn't even find fun. That felt more like weekly, daily, whatever, chores. I already have those, I don't need more from a game. I don't know what the solution is, honestly, because I don't think this is a veil that can be put back in place once torn from your eyes.

There are (quite a few) different capitalization styles for titles just in America, nevermind outside of it. I get that you're just trying to do the typical internet dance of choosing a random unrelated thing about a topic to pick at because you can, though. In this case, it just isn't a legitimate point, because there is no final standard as far as title capitalization goes.
    This feels about right.

I guess, hard to say. I just have goals and want them done. I spend to much time AH playing, can be very tiring..
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    I have bursts. I'll play for a few hours then burn out. Some days I'll play longer than others. I played almost everyday for long periods of time before the patch came out but since it turned out to be a disappointment I'm kinda becoming burned out again. I'm having some fun on my mage right now but there's not much to do other than the monotonous dailies so the fun doesn't last long.

I only have about 2 weeks left of game time so when that runs out I'm probably just gonna let it go and take a break from it until sometime when Shadowlands releases.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-02-06 at 05:56 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Yeah. Seeing new raids and dungeons but also other new content is what keeps me interested and it feels nice having been on the ride for over a decade.

No. I resubbed for 8.3 because some friends wanted to play again but after 2-3 evenings I can’t get into it anymore. I used to complete both PvE and PvP content since Wrath but I can’t take it anymore. Reward system is completely FUBAR. Really since they introduced the WoW token I cba doing anything since all rewards lost value since it has never been so easy to get boosted in 99% of the content. I ain’t riding that reward treadmill in engaging and difficult content to see some clueless players clowning around with the titles, transmogs or whatever. I don’t even have fun playing what’s left of my class so I log in once every week to try cap my arena points with my friends until we call it a day. Not sure I’ll be back for SL, it was the very same during WoD and I came back for a couple of months during The Nighthold.
    Last edited by Philomene; 2020-02-06 at 10:06 PM.

I'm still happy with BfA now, I'm a every night casual player, usually 30 minutes a night, but once I gear up my alts all in i455+ gear, I will start slowing. I don't Heroic or Mythic raid, so to get to i460+ gear will be hard to do. I only do Normal Raids and M+ 10 and under and all the WQ emissaries, etc...

I'll be a happy player if the 4 main characters I rotate through are all around i455-i460 or so. Once there, not sure what else I will do in the game? I still go on Transmog and mount runs weekly, but I have been doing those for a long time now, not much more I want, another couple months and I will have everything.

I can see unsubscribing in Spring, and then wait until Shadowlands pre patch.

I would probably enjoy content that wasnt m+ or raiding more in retail if it wasnt for the GCD changes / class changes that BFA did. had we had all the stuff from legion with the exception of legendaries, and no gcd changes i would probably like BFA alot more.

Even stuff like emissaries which takes about 7 minutes to complete feels just like running in water that goes up to your waist.

What a silly question. Why would I be playing WoW if I wasn't having fun?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I often try to make my own fun and not take the game to seriously. Thats why I don’t do soulless grinds and rather do whatever i’m in the mood for. Sometimes its leveling, sometimes its pvp. I do find playing Classic a lot more fun though, the game fits my playstyle a lot better and its where most of my guild is at who are also a huge part of giving me a fun gaming experience.