Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Unless Nzoth has extra phase that happens at 0% this is Limit's tier. An end of an era. Interestingly, every era of specific guild's domination began at last patch of expansion.

Nihilum/Ensidia domination began with last raid of Vanilla.

Paragon domination began with last raid of WotLK.

Method established themselves as undisputable number 1 with last raid of WoD (MoP doesn't count because it had separate 25 and 10 man versions)

And now Limit... with last raid of BfA.
    You are wrong.
    SK Gaming beat Nihilum and Method in Sunwell
    Ensidia forms with SK/Nihilum merge and establish themselves at the start of WOTLK
    Paragon takes over in TOGC-until DS where they get banned for exploiting. Asian guilds gets world first on end game boss
    Paragon and many other top competitors quit the game
    Method is the only serious 25man guild left that automatically gets all world firsts
    Paragon makes come back in WOD with new roster.
    $$ drama in Method at the end of WoD which results in tier 2 guild Exorsus get world first in t19? cba checking what tier NH was
    Method pulls their shit together and are the only tier 1 guild for the remaining time
    Limit rises in BFA giving the best/closest world first races ever in history of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Unless Nzoth has extra phase that happens at 0% this is Limit's tier. An end of an era. Interestingly, every era of specific guild's domination began at last patch of expansion.

Nihilum/Ensidia domination began with last raid of Vanilla.

Paragon domination began with last raid of WotLK.

Method established themselves as undisputable number 1 with last raid of WoD (MoP doesn't count because it had separate 25 and 10 man versions)

And now Limit... with last raid of BfA.
    I mean Limit looked super strong this tier but it's probably a bit early to call it an "era of domination" with one WF.

With Limit so close to locking down the kill, the question now is, will we perhaps see NA guilds coming back into the fold and keep the cycle broken?

Major World First Kills (only includes the end of raid bosses)
    EU Kills - 34
    US Kills - 4
    TW - 1
    KR - 1

Ragnaros - Ascent (US)
    Nefarian - Drama (US)
    C'thun - Nihilum (EU)
    Kel'Thuzad - Nihilum (EU)
    Gruul - Nihilum (EU)
    Magtheridon - Nihilum (EU)
    Lady Vashj - Nihilum (EU)
    Kael'Thas - Nihilum (EU)
    Archimonde - Nihilum (EU)
    Illidan Stormrage - Nihilum (EU)
    Kil'Jaeden - SK Gaming (EU)
    Kel'Thuzad - Ensidia (EU)
    Sartharion - Ensidia (EU)
    Malygos - Ensidia (EU)
    Yogg-Saron - Stars (TW)
    Anub'Arak - Paragon (EU)
    The Lich King - Paragon (EU)
    Halion - Premonition (US)
    Nefarian - Paragon (EU)
    Sinestra - Paragon (EU)
    Al'Akir - Paragon (EU)
    Ragnaros - Paragon (EU)
    Madness of Deathwing - KIN Raiders (KR)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - Method (EU)
    Empress Shek'zeer - Blood Legion (US)
    Sha of Fear - Method (EU)
    Lei Shen - Method (EU)
    Garrosh - Method (EU)
    Imperator Mar'gok - Paragon (EU)
    Blackhand - Method (EU)
    Archimonde - Method (EU)
    Xavius - Exorsus (EU)
    Helya - Method (EU)
    Gul'dan - Exorsus (EU)
    Kil'Jaeden - Method (EU)
    Argus the Unmaker - Method (EU)
    G'Huun - Method (EU)
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore - Method (EU)
    Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void - Pieces (EU)
    Queen Azshara - Method (EU)
    Ny'alotha, the Waking City - ?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    People get the excitment from seeing them lose. Also Method probably knows they lost with being so far behind so they are not pushing pulls as hard as they can. Also Method have always had brakes that were long.

Limit winning this will set up the first race of Shadowlands to be much more exciting than another Method win.
    I agree, the race in Shadowlands will be much more interesting if Limit wins this one which they almost assuredly will, I just don't get why someone has been constantly posting about Method taking breaks when they've done that on like every boss including ones they actually won on. Pulling at turbo speed wouldn't have made much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    I agree, the race in Shadowlands will be much more interesting if Limit wins this one which they almost assuredly will, I just don't get why someone has been constantly posting about Method taking breaks when they've done that on like every boss including ones they actually won on. Pulling at turbo speed wouldn't have made much of a difference.
    gotta figure though, on every single one of limits faster pulls, likely at least one person has fine tuned their cd use or perfected their positioning, instead of having big breaks between pulls, giving ample time to lose personal momentum and over analyze small things
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Let's be honest here Ghuun was purely due to limit underestimating the vantus nerf and even then they had a sub 1% wipe if they reclear they flat out win that tier. BoD they kept swapping start and EP was overnerfed to the point that method's zerg start swapped. Limit is learning on the fly and have still been super strong competition with players who at least in wow hadn't really participated in the world first race for the most part until BFA. They day raided a bit in Throne but nothing like they have in BFA.
    Last edited by Xath; 2020-02-06 at 07:38 PM.

Why Limit is still doing their runaway from gate after chamber of heart phase is done? I thought this was done to keep gate clean for second use, but it's not needed anymore and it costs them 1-2 gcd to rotate around.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    Why Limit is still doing their runaway from gate after chamber of heart phase is done? I thought this was done to keep gate clean for second use, but it's not needed anymore and it costs them 1-2 gcd to rotate around.
    Beam positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    With Limit so close to locking down the kill, the question now is, will we perhaps see NA guilds coming back into the fold and keep the cycle broken?
    No. NA only has one guild that cares enough to go for world first. There aren't enough raiders in the US that care enough or are able to dedicate the time for world first raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    No. NA only has one guild that cares enough to go for world first. There aren't enough raiders in the US that care enough or are able to dedicate the time for world first raiding.
    This might be a kick up the ass/inspiration for some to step up, that's my point
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Major World First Kills (only includes the end of raid bosses)
    EU Kills - 34
    US Kills - 4
    TW - 1
    KR - 1

Ragnaros - Ascent (US)
    Nefarian - Drama (US)
    C'thun - Nihilum (EU)
    Kel'Thuzad - Nihilum (EU)
    Gruul - Nihilum (EU)
    Magtheridon - Nihilum (EU)
    Lady Vashj - Nihilum (EU)
    Kael'Thas - Nihilum (EU)
    Archimonde - Nihilum (EU)
    Illidan Stormrage - Nihilum (EU)
    Kil'Jaeden - SK Gaming (EU)
    Kel'Thuzad - Ensidia (EU)
    Sartharion - Ensidia (EU)
    Malygos - Ensidia (EU)
    Yogg-Saron - Stars (TW)
    Anub'Arak - Paragon (EU)
    The Lich King - Paragon (EU)
    Halion - Premonition (US)
    Nefarian - Paragon (EU)
    Sinestra - Paragon (EU)
    Al'Akir - Paragon (EU)
    Ragnaros - Paragon (EU)
    Madness of Deathwing - KIN Raiders (KR)
    Mogu'shan Vaults - Method (EU)
    Empress Shek'zeer - Blood Legion (US)
    Sha of Fear - Method (EU)
    Lei Shen - Method (EU)
    Garrosh - Method (EU)
    Imperator Mar'gok - Paragon (EU)
    Blackhand - Method (EU)
    Archimonde - Method (EU)
    Xavius - Exorsus (EU)
    Helya - Method (EU)
    Gul'dan - Exorsus (EU)
    Kil'Jaeden - Method (EU)
    Argus the Unmaker - Method (EU)
    G'Huun - Method (EU)
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore - Method (EU)
    Uu'nat, Harbinger of the Void - Pieces (EU)
    Queen Azshara - Method (EU)
    Ny'alotha, the Waking City - ?
    I doubt it. There are only two US guilds within the top 20 this tier. The top tier playerbase is just bigger in EU and Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    gotta figure though, on every single one of limits faster pulls, likely at least one person has fine tuned their cd use or perfected their positioning, instead of having big breaks between pulls, giving ample time to lose personal momentum and over analyze small things
    Yeah but Method's pulls have seemed rough to the point that they think they probably need the time between pulls. I'm sure they're aware it's unlikely they'll make up the difference too, has to have some effect on their play.

the NA raiding scene would explode in popularity if we voted andrew yang into the presidency
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    Honestly it's our society more than the desire to do it at all. Our work society is terrible in comparison to EU, if you're lucky in the states you get to take 10 sick days a year and overtime doesn't allow you to take extra days off if you accumulate enough in many jobs. Not to mention in the US most people can barely make ends meets working 45-50 hours jobs because our government cares more about the super rich and not at all for the working class.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

This might be a kick up the ass/inspiration for some to step up, that's my point
    The only possible one is the riggnaros tmsean venture and that guild just sounds awful to raid in with those two as leaders tbh. The thing is let's say a guild somehow snagged 3 top 10 players who aren't currently in limit. If Limit decided they were better than some of their current players and would fit well culture wise they would get them to come over. No other guild in the US can offer the opportunities they do both in terms of the events and salary.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I doubt it. There are only two US guilds within the top 20 this tier. The top tier playerbase is just bigger in EU and Asia.
    It's kind of a meme at this point, but getting enough vacation time to WF race, even in a GOOD job, in the US is hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's kind of a meme at this point, but getting enough vacation time to WF race, even in a GOOD job, in the US is hard to do.
    tbh it's easier in a crap job because you just leave it. You don't leave a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Honestly it's our society more than the desire to do it at all. Our work society is terrible in comparison to EU, if you're lucky in the states you get to take 10 sick days a year and overtime doesn't allow you to take extra days off if you accumulate enough in many jobs. Not to mention in the US most people can barely make ends meets working 45-50 hours jobs because our government cares more about the super rich and not at all for the working class.
    I had a job... where we had 7 sick days/year, but if we used those 7 we would be fired because you can't take 7 unexpected absences.... like wtf.

This was medical related too (plasma donation), and they would rather you show up to work sick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yeah, I mean anecdotes are anecdotes but I don't know anyone, myself included, who could afford to take more than a week off of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    tbh it's easier in a crap job because you just leave it. You don't leave a good job.
    Only works for so long before they start wondering why you only have a job for 6 months at a time lol.