Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Watching salty EU fans try to twist reality to fit whatever silly narrative helps them sleep at night
    Well aside from all the reality twisting attempts - there is one fact that does remain, and that is that Limit got a huge head start.

So if Method gets a win within that head start (I think around 12 hours)... then Method would be the winners.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you wanna add "if" and "but" to the topic, what about the 12h+ headstart Limit has every damn patch.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well aside from all the reality twisting attempts - there is one fact that does remain, and that is that Limit got a huge head start.

So if Method gets a win within that head start (I think around 12 hours)... then Method would be the winners.
    Did you even watch the fucking WF stream? Limit was so far ahead Blizzard was actively tuning the encounter and asking them for input as they were pulling it. Method isn't even close. This has nothing to do with "head starts" or any of that bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I mean if you wanna add "if" and "but" to the topic, what about the 12h+ headstart Limit has every damn patch.
    The irony being that EU fans are fine with NA's head start until they finally fucking lose. Then all of a sudden it's important that it should be "fixed." Top fucking kek.

The irony being that EU fans are fine with NA's head start until they finally fucking lose. Then all of a sudden it's important that it should be "fixed." Top fucking kek.
    Nice generalization.

I think the headstart hurts the whole integrity of this competition, the "beta-test bosses" vs headstart discussion is laughable.

Im pretty sure it wouldn't be that hard to do server maintenance at convenient hours and still have at least the mythic reset and launch at the same time, it works for expansion worldwide releases too.

Asian guilds are literally out of the picture with nearly 2 days... oh wow how fair.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Watching salty EU fans try to twist reality to fit whatever silly narrative helps them sleep at night is one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen. It's like losing the World Cup then immediately saying, "WELL THAT DIDN'T MATTER WE PLAYED GREAT IN EVERY GAME UP UNTIL NOW." I love it. Move the goal posts, lads. You guys lost in an even race. Deal with it.
    have you tried reading the original post? where the OP twists reality to quite literally take 2 of Method's world firsts and give them to Limit? your username and avatar fits your post well.

Did you even watch the fucking WF stream?
    No - I also don't watch paint dry. I have no interest in the race - rather an interest in rational discourse itself.

As you don't have a similar interest, there is little left to say.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Nice generalization.

I think the headstart hurts the whole integrity of this competition, the "beta-test bosses" vs headstart discussion is laughable.

Im pretty sure it wouldn't be that hard to do server maintenance at convenient hours and still have at least the mythic reset and launch at the same time, it works for expansion worldwide releases too.

Asian guilds are literally out of the picture with nearly 2 days... oh wow how fair.
    "As long as the solution benefits my personal alignments, I'm cool with it."

...and I'm the one generalizing? LOL.

Watching salty EU fans try to twist reality to fit whatever silly narrative helps them sleep at night is one of the most satisfying things I've ever seen. It's like losing the World Cup then immediately saying, "WELL THAT DIDN'T MATTER WE PLAYED GREAT IN EVERY GAME UP UNTIL NOW." I love it. Move the goal posts, lads. You guys lost in an even race. Deal with it.
    Did you actually read the OP.

"As long as the solution benefits my personal alignments, I'm cool with it."

...and I'm the one generalizing? LOL.
    Please tell me more about my personal alignments?
    I rooted for limit simply for the sake of more interesting future rwf competition already.

So please argue against my point and not something you can't possibly know.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Did you actually read the OP.
    No shit, I was referring to the clearly jimmy rustled EU players trying to downplay the importance of Limit's accomplishment in this thread. OP is obviously just trolling but I guess it makes for some pretty spicy content.

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me more about my personal alignments?
    I rooted for limit simply for the sake of more interesting future rwf competition already.

So please argue against my point and not something you can't possibly know.
    A "worldwide raid release" would equal the raid getting launched at fucking 3 in the morning somewhere (most likely NA if we're using expansion launches as a reference point). Given that most human beings do not like to be awake at 3 in the morning, that would give a clear advantage to EU guilds.

A "worldwide raid release" would equal the raid getting launched at fucking 3 in the morning somewhere (most likely NA if we're using expansion launches as a reference point). Given that most human beings do not like to be awake at 3 in the morning, that would give a clear advantage to EU guilds.
    That is a point of course but it completely pales to the insane time and organisational investment these players make, they all would sell their mother for a % more dps.
    So my point still stands, it would be a lot more fair than it is now and with that more serious as a competition.

That is a point of course but it completely pales to the insane time and organisational investment these players make, they all would sell their mother for a % more dps.
    So my point still stands, it would be a lot more fair than it is now and with that more serious as a competition.
    They can't reasonably launch raids at equal times, just not going to happen. The world first race isn't important enough to ever consider that for Blizzard unless they really go all out and do tournaments realm or some shit but that's obviously even more unlikely.

Or... get this. It stays the way it's been for 15 years and you deal with it. Like we have been. For 15 years. Why does it take NA actually winning a race to make the issue important enough to fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    They can't reasonably launch raids at equal times, just not going to happen. The world first race isn't important enough to ever consider that for Blizzard unless they really go all out and do tournaments realm or some shit but that's obviously even more unlikely.
    Sure they could, they could also simply do it for Mythic and only the first 2 weeks.
    And im not so sure about the low importance, it's a ton of free advertisement for WoW.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2020-02-06 at 10:40 PM.

Commence the war of the fanboys.

Why are we going into this level of detail?

It's just an exciting speed-running event. Yeah there's a winner, but there's a lot of detail in how that happens, and honestly the event itself is the fun of it. It doesn't really matter who wins it unless you're in one of the guilds who compete for it.

Or... get this. It stays the way it's been for 15 years and you deal with it. Like we have been. For 15 years. Why does it take NA actually winning a race to make the issue important enough to fix?
    If you are a fat bastard for 15 years that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fix it or?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Nazis hadn't invaded the Soviet Union...

If you are a fat bastard for 15 years that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fix it or?
    What does that have to do with anything...? It's not broken so they're not going to fix it. There's not much else to understand here.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    People say Method won this expac overall but it's actually not the case.

G'huun: Limit lost just because of the decision to extend the raid, technically won if they didn't extend.

Jaina: Blizzard hotfixed Method's exploit but Method cried so hard Blizzard reverted the fix and allowed Method to continute. Again Limit was ahead and could kill it if Blizzard didn't revert the cheese strat.

Azshara: This goes for Method.

N'zoth: This goes for Limit

All in all Limit technically 3/5 and Method 1/5 score points for this expansion.

Herpaderp "If Limit had killed the boss before Method did they would have killed the boss before Method did!"

Thanks John Madden.

What does that have to do with anything...? It's not broken so they're not going to fix it. There's not much else to understand here.
    It isn't broken but it also isn't ideal, and i think they could make it more ideal nowadays and the whole thing has also gotten big and important enough for that.

If all Regions had guilds on the exact same level NA would simply always win thanks to the headstart, a competition like that can't be taken for that full..

And yeah, i acknowledge that hours since reset as measurement is also bad because there surely is a boss testing and tactic disadvantage for NA which further sucks for the integrity of this competition.

Edit: what i meant with that anecdote is that only because something is a habit/tradition doesn't mean it should never be changed or optimized, and nowadays the importance for that is higher with the whole rwf getting more popular.
    Last edited by Caprias; 2020-02-06 at 10:47 PM.