Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grats to Limit! I'm sure they won't let the hatah's hate affect them. Extremely interesting WF race, very lively, very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorched2Black View Post
    does the NA server get a one day head start?
    Sort of.

Extended maintenance time not withstanding.
    EU gets 6 bosses of working strats they don't have to try on. And Limit beta tests all the boss encounters.

It's about as fair as anyone can make it. If they all unlocked at the same time you'd have guilds in odd timezones having to start at weird times. And if Blizz put a hard counter into the raid, one guild would just wait for another guild to show them 300+ pulls and build their strats off of the back of that, so they would ultimately clear faster.

I think it would just be more civilized to be happy for Limit, because majority of American players are happy for Method when they make their clears.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Sort of.

Extended maintenance time not withstanding.
    EU gets 6 bosses of working strats they don't have to try on. And Limit beta tests all the boss encounters.

It's about as fair as anyone can make it. If they all unlocked at the same time you'd have guilds in odd timezones having to start at weird times. And if Blizz put a hard counter into the raid, one guild would just wait for another guild to show them 300+ pulls and build their strats off of the back of that, so they would ultimately clear faster.

I think it would just be more civilized to be happy for Limit, because majority of American players are happy for Method when they make their clears.
    That wouldn't make it fair at all tbh. Also, they do not at ALL use the same strats never have so far. Because if anything, you pointed out it'll never be a fair competition. But i doubt method would be petty, they are probably saying it was a well deserved win. Hell you'll probably hear sco say it soon if he hasn't already.

Oh this happened.. let me guess.. by the time I go and make a sandwich it will have left my mind and very little will be better or worse because of it...

...but some kids will still be kicking and screaming about one side or the other in some sort of internet ism of what continental pride thing thats the biggest joke on planet Earth...

It's about as fair as anyone can make it. If they all unlocked at the same time you'd have guilds in odd timezones having to start at weird times.
    I think a global unlock is possible. For example 10am PST, 7pm EU doesn't seem too crazy to me. Ok, it's a late night for EU on Day 1. But they could fix that over the next couple of days. The weekly resets feel more problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDifference View Post
    Congrats to Limit.
    Part of me hopes Method kill him within the next half day so we can have the First vs Fastest debate and hopefully get Blizz to consider simultaneous launches.
    Someone has to be the Beta tester for the rest of the world.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    I’m stunned that a WF went to a US guild. Very happy for these guys! I have an alt on Illidan so obviously, they couldn’t have done it without me!
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2020-02-06 at 10:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well fucken deserved!!!!! Congrats to Limit, they were insane and their RL super calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    That wouldn't make it fair at all tbh. Also, they do not at ALL use the same strats never have so far. Because if anything, you pointed out it'll never be a fair competition. But i doubt method would be petty, they are probably saying it was a well deserved win. Hell you'll probably hear sco say it soon if he hasn't already.
    They might not use the exact strat, but they will know what does and doesn't work headed into the pulls.

While there is a slight time advantage, EU also gets the advantage of seeing what the US guilds are doing and how it works for them, ie to reset or not reset.
    There are advantages to essentially "going second".

Both EU and US have certain advantages and there really is no way quantify which is making out better.

Ultimately it's as fair as it can be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I think a global unlock is possible. For example 10am PST, 7pm EU doesn't seem too crazy to me. Ok, it's a late night for EU on Day 1. But they could fix that over the next couple of days. The weekly resets feel more problematic.
    I think it would kind of suck for the EU guys. And then when reset hits 24h early for the US guys that would be a bit of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If Limit really bought 30 WF shirts from Method, that's pretty amazing.

The print design also fits the situation, one of the 12 stars is different color to mark Limits first!

Jesus man, you could work for Fox News with that level of spin.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    Jesus man, you could work for Fox News with that level of spin.
    err what?

I'm just laughing at the coincidence

why would anyone be surprised WF went to a US guild, they get the raids LONG before EU gets it, whats surprising is that EU usually beats US in spite of the benefits US has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The salt from folks is just GUCCIIIII

On topic: just like I say NO MATTER who wins, Absolutely congratulations L I M I T for taking the W

Method and others are STILL in the race so, it's NOT OVER

5+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to Method, while I didn't think the head start was the game changer, I'd say it's their new setup/guild merge. The leading of the team was immaculate.
    If this is how it's going to be in the future, I think assumptions of whoever is going to reach World First is probably no longer going to be Method!
    Complexity Limit seems to be something else entirely and I'm quite excited to see how things will go for them in the future.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it would kind of suck for the EU guys. And then when reset hits 24h early for the US guys that would be a bit of an issue.
    It may suck but everyone at this level of competition would do it. That's what Bay said, like even if somewhere in the world it was 3am for Oceanic Servers, those raid teams on Oceanic would be up and ready to go regardless.

So I would say yes to having an universal unlock time.

Especially when you keep seeing people talk about the headstart, despite the fact that Method themselves said they don't wanna see that shit anywhere because Limit did well and it's not an excuse.

Method banked an 400+ pulls and Limit hitting the brick wall similar to E.P. There approach to the last boss of pull followed by 10min breaks hurt them in the end

anyway i will still wait 23 hours. cause us servers was 1 day ahead and Idc if you say that is a bullshit.

They might not use the exact strat, but they will know what does and doesn't work headed into the pulls.

While there is a slight time advantage, EU also gets the advantage of seeing what the US guilds are doing and how it works for them, ie to reset or not reset.
    There are advantages to essentially "going second".

Both EU and US have certain advantages and there really is no way quantify which is making out better.

Ultimately it's as fair as it can be.

- - - Updated - - -

fair as it can be would be if it was released at same time in every zone, neh?
    there is no "look what works for them and does not" because every guild does things a little different, there is no cookiecutter way of doing things...

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    why would anyone be surprised WF went to a US guild, they get the raids LONG before EU gets it, whats surprising is that EU usually beats US in spite of the benefits US has.
    the 16 hour difference didn't really play a part here tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewatson View Post
    anyway i will still wait 23 hours. cause us servers was 1 day ahead and Idc if you say that is a bullshit.
    it's 14 hours, not 23 lol

The Serious salt is insane right now