Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow not even a cutscene or anything? Well that left a sour taste in my mouth. Thank god we get no more bfa content and can push the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    It has happened to Limit, so it might happen to Method aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

WF is WF, speed doesn't matter.
    so if a boss is tuned where both teams kill it fairly evenly, Limit will just get the world first by default since they start a day before, you know just as well as me that is bs.

If 2 sprint runners who run at the same skill level, they both run the 100m within miliseconds of eachother. Put them in a race, but racer 1 start on tuesday, and racer 2 start on wednesday. First runner just gonna win since he crossed the finish line first ? even if he ran 2 seconds slower than the dude on wednesday ?

Its just not a race since they start on seperate days, simple as that. Its EU vs EU and NA vs NA.
    And if anyone thinks im saying this now because method lost. you couldn't be more wrong. I strongly dislike method and have always rooted for limit over the two of them. But there just aint no valid competition until blizzard either fix world first realms or sync the release times of the raid

gz limit i hope method kills it within 12 hrs, just to witness the forum shitshow

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    They might not use the exact strat, but they will know what does and doesn't work headed into the pulls.

While there is a slight time advantage, EU also gets the advantage of seeing what the US guilds are doing and how it works for them, ie to reset or not reset.
    There are advantages to essentially "going second".

Both EU and US have certain advantages and there really is no way quantify which is making out better.

Ultimately it's as fair as it can be.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would kind of suck for the EU guys. And then when reset hits 24h early for the US guys that would be a bit of an issue.
    You seem to have a very big misconception. The plans are laid out before getting into the raids for the most part. Azerite, classes, even some strats especially the ones that were tested. Those top guilds have tested and built their own strats before coming in, it's why certain guilds wipe more or less compared to others. If you didn't know any of this, I can see why you see this as fair. But based off of this you're not right about "fair". If you listen to commentary post and pre, they tell you this for the past year of the race to world first. We all had this inside knowledge, the only thing that changes with their strats are when they can or can't get gear during their split runs. That's the only thing that ultimately gives it a semblance of fairness is that during split runs you never know what you get on all sides.

The question going forward is, if it's possible to do a global launch. To me i don't think so, so it'll never be fair.

The fact that every region in the world starts at different times IS a problem and one I suspect blizzard are going to have to change going forward.

That said? Limit have been playing better than method this tier, went into the raid better equipped and feel hungrier. They also suffered from numerous bugs, downtime and so on which blocked progression for hours as Blizzard fixed the problems.

I think anyone watching both streams would feel Limit deserved this one and the fact we now have 2 such powerful guilds will only help the raiding scene going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    so if a boss is tuned where both teams kill it fairly evenly, Limit will just get the world first by default since they start a day before, you know just as well as me that is bs.
    Oh yeah, I cheer for Method and agree this can lead into a disaster if the boss is tuned just the correct (wrong) way and dies during first week, or between NA and EU resets.

Fan of Method, but I'm glad Limit got to finally show their worth this time around and kicked ass. Good for them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Wow not even a cutscene or anything? Well that left a sour taste in my mouth. Thank god we get no more bfa content and can push the reset button.
    Haven't had a mythic only cutscene since WoD. We've had phases since then, but even that is missing in BFA.

This is 2019-2020 Blizzard. Should be no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Navenowsky93 View Post
    Hopefully, EU companies will never be as bad as American companies. NA game companies are the scammiest in the world. I'm scared to think what would Cyberpunk look like if it was made by an American company like Activision Blizz, Bethesda or EA lol Thank God EU companies aren't even close to being as fucking bad as NA ones. Well, I guess people like you like being fucked in the ass by your own nation XDDD
    Great moderation MMOC....but you never really have been, have you?

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck yeah FUCK METHOD ALL THE WAY

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post

Ahh yes let's develop stuff less then 1% of the population will see makes total sense. /jerkoff

I wonder if this will finally spur Blizzard to do global raid releases all at one time rather than this Tuesday-Wednesday nonsense. Probably not.

Limit played very well through all of the BS that happened with N'zoth. Hopefully, Method learns to take fewer/shorter breaks next time.

Can put this Method bias Blizzard has nonsense to rest finally.

LOL I love being right. It just makes me so giddy

If 2 sprint runners who run at the same skill level, they both run the 100m within miliseconds of eachother. Put them in a race, but racer 1 start on tuesday, and racer 2 start on wednesday. First runner just gonna win since he crossed the finish line first ? even if he ran 2 seconds slower than the dude on wednesday ?

Its just not a race since they start on seperate days, simple as that. Its EU vs EU and NA vs NA.
    And if anyone thinks im saying this now because method lost. you couldn't be more wrong. I strongly dislike method and have always rooted for limit over the two of them. But there just aint no valid competition until blizzard either fix world first realms or sync the release times of the raid
    I have to agree with you I don't like method and limit but for 100% true legal competition blizz should fix timers for world race in raiding something like they did in 'new expansion leveling race'

Amazing performance by Limit. It was a blast to watch them the whole tier and they got their victory finally.

Except that method went to bed so they won't get it within the "16 hour headstart" time frame, so even by your tear cry baby logic they still lost get over it

Method got out played, Limit played 10x better then them, even methods own members are admitting that, so why can't their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    sadbois. thats what happens when you have a whole extra day ahead of other regions.
    Not a whole extra day(16h) and in the end it didn't matter. Limit were simply better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Great moderation MMOC....but you never really have been, have you?
    Funny enough MMoC mods only ban comments directed at EU. If I say fuck trump....US sucks....US is garbage...bla bla, nothing. BUT if I say EU is just full of refugees in 2020 and their entire economy is one big welfare structure waiting to collapse and will be at US doorstep begging for help come 2050. I'll be banned

everyone in here talking about "world first" versus "fastest" versus whatever... realize that the reason why a lot of people do not care about these bogus races is that you cannot possibly balance "the world" due to time zones, thus the entire race is silly.

Unfortunately nobody really cares about NA vs. EU vs. Oceania or whatever as separate races, so you have this blathering about first "not counting" or the "well, actually..." counting the true minutes since patches/fixes.

Some people's stamina is other people's tedious boredom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    The fact that every region in the world starts at different times IS a problem and one I suspect blizzard are going to have to change going forward.
    Yes blizzard is going to change how the earth rotates so we can get some sick raid races... lolwut

Even if they launched simultaneously, the time of day puts some regions at a massive disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    Ahh yes let's develop stuff less then 1% of the population will see makes total sense. /jerkoff
    You guys not have youtube?