Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Some people actually believe Shadowlands comes out this year?
    Thats not how fiscal year quarters work at Activision though. Shadowlands will release in November at the latest if rdy or not to get in on the Thanksgiving/BlackFriday/Christmass sales. Now moving it to January would be a bold move and show they wanna deliver a polished experience but i doubt Activision would let them.

Edit: Actually seeing as the new consoles are out in November it might be a good move to delay it to avoid the hype and clutter of the new consoles which will no doubt be huge. Or they will go full crunch mode and release it in September in a half broken state.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2020-02-07 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    This race isnt fair, US starts with a whole day before EU
    The only situations when the headstart matters: Boss dies during first week and if the boss dies between NA and EU resets.

10+ Year Old Account
    16 hours, and eh. Hasn't stopped EU from winning most races since then. If EU really cared they'd move their characters to US servers so they'd have those 16 hours too.

wonder if limit is done for like a month or will they shoot for world second as well
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    16 hours, and eh. Hasn't stopped EU from winning most races since then. If EU really cared they'd move their characters to US servers so they'd have those 16 hours too.
    It’s hard to play with lags more than 100ms on competitive level.
    Not to mention the time difference between EU and US.
    They need to raid at 4pm to 6am each day, that’s not healthy

People overplay this 16 hour head start thing way too much and honestly it's just convenient to talk about because regardless of which guild is ahead at the time, they end up getting bottlenecked by Blizzard's shitty QA testing for the end boss. It's very evident how much time leading guild, regardless of region, spend not actually capitalizing on their lead on the end boss because of this.

The only point of argument (and it's going to be trivial and petty one) is if an NA guild takes WF and then an EU guild gets second within 16 hours, but that still doesn't prove anything especially with streaming where the second guild is going to be more efficient going into the fight because they have already have information given out by the leading guild via stream.

For science, the best thing to do would be global release of patch and no streaming at all or any information getting passed on until someone achieves WF on last boss. What is this suppose to prove and who is this suppose to benefit, the diehard fans of each guild or trolls?

So it's been over 16 hours since Limit's kill and Method is not even close. Looks like they've gained 1.2% progression in the last 16 hours and still above 30%.

Does that mean the head start comments will stop?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pieces or a Chinese guild got world 2nd.

Method has 7 more hours for world first. Tick tock...

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    So it's been over 16 hours since Limit's kill and Method is not even close. Looks like they've gained 1.2% progression in the last 16 hours and still above 30%.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Pieces or a Chinese guild got world 2nd.
    Or Limit

tenchar

Quote Originally Posted by rodicboxer View Post
    It’s hard to play with lags more than 100ms on competitive level.
    Not to mention the time difference between EU and US.
    They need to raid at 4pm to 6am each day, that’s not healthy
    They can rent a gaming studio in US genius and move there for a week or two.

With the DPS required for this fight, I see only Method or maybe Pieces still have a chance within this reset.
    It will be hard even with the gear from next reset. But don’t forget the tuning coming next week.

Nope, look at post under yours, looks like some people think that US start 24 hours before EU ;D.

Quote Originally Posted by Fake News View Post
    Method has 7 more hours for world first. Tick tock...
    Name checks out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Thats not how fiscal year quarters work at Activision though. Shadowlands will release in November at the latest if rdy or not to get in on the Thanksgiving/BlackFriday/Christmass sales. Now moving it to January would be a bold move and show they wanna deliver a polished experience but i doubt Activision would let them.

Edit: Actually seeing as the new consoles are out in November it might be a good move to delay it to avoid the hype and clutter of the new consoles which will no doubt be huge. Or they will go full crunch mode and release it in September in a half broken state.
    Blaming Activision is interesting but Blizzard has never released games that were balanced and not buggy. Ever. That whole "release it when it's done." thing they spouted was a cute justification for having really slow content cycles with subpar content patches. I can't blame Activision for that one because they've been doing it for over 20 years now.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I agree. As much fond memories I have for the old school blizzard games, there were still plenty of issues with all of them especially at release. Perhaps not as much, but "old Blizzard" was not immune from these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Blaming Activision is interesting but Blizzard has never released games that were balanced and not buggy. Ever. That whole "release it when it's done." thing they spouted was a cute justification for having really slow content cycles with subpar content patches. I can't blame Activision for that one because they've been doing it for over 20 years now.
    I can imagine their employees working under pressure and their time schedule is very tight. They have to release “unfinished” game contents because of working pressure etc.
    Just in order to make money and keep the number of active players
    All about money

Name checks out.
    clearly a troll account to instigate unneeded drama.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Limit had to deal with more maintainences and bugs. Also their videos were public method litterally saw how to best kill every boss.

I dont think method has the dps requirements. Watching a few pulls this morning where limit phased and method phased is a good 5-10% difference. Like when limit gets to the gateway to secret phase they were pushing 40-42% method is sitting around 50%. P1 burn Limit was getting 84-86% Method struggling to get out of 90's
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT

Yes, that's kinda how head starts work...

No, the goal post will now change to: "The fight is boring and overtuned, not a real encounter because Nya'lotha wasn't a real raid. Method lost but only because Blizzard fucked up."