Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Iowa, where getting more votes means you lose!
    Its a nationwide phenomenon.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. Warren is so off putting. She has literally zero charm. I would actually rank her less like able than Hillary Clinton. Sure you can hold your nose and vote for her, but are you really stoked about it?

Also, I don't see why people are against Pete. You could make the case that omg hes gay and everyone in America is homophobic but that's just not likely. Even in the south I'd imagine someone knows or has encountered a gay man before and they weren't offended by it. This Gallup poll shown here https://news.gallup.com/poll/234863/...ion-rises.aspx estimates the LGBT population of Americans at around 4.5%. The real problem is Pete has no black supporters. They already went to either Bernie or Biden, and that's why he is in trouble

There is a story out how he placed 4 black supporters in front of the camera so it looked like he isn't struggling. Link https://newsone.com/3901351/mayor-pe...iowa-caucuses/

I would bet on Bernie to win, you know why? He has vigor and fire. He has the youth vote and he has the same kind of passion at his rallies that Trump has. Does Joe Biden have that? I've yet to hear from someone excited to vote for Joe Biden.
    People just don’t like women.

To say warren who has more energy and is more active with people marching and dancing in parades is “less likeable” than Hillary who was awesome imo but all business and just say and listened and came up with solutions. Is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    People just don’t like women.

To say warren who has more energy and is more active with people marching and dancing in parades is “less likeable” than Hillary who was awesome imo but all business and just say and listened and came up with solutions. Is just ridiculous.
    I get the feeling people who say Warren is 'offputting' actually haven't listened to her speak for any extended period of time. I genuinely can't recall a male candidate getting this much scrutiny over likeability or even their policies.

But of course you can't suggest that people have a double standard regarding female candidates because either you're "playing the sexism card" or they reply with some variant of "I'm not a sexist because I voted for X candidate previously".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Probably old by now,

but the Sanders campaign officially declares victory in the Iowa caucus by having the most votes:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/sta...143164418?s=19
    Given the Sanders camp apparently doesn't understand how caucuses work, I'd take their opinion with a grain of salt.

Y'all have made that abundantly clear by insisting the DNC is responsible for Iowa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Probably old by now,

but the Sanders campaign officially declares victory in the Iowa caucus by having the most votes:

https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/sta...143164418?s=19
    Too bad the media and voters don't care.

Relatedly, although he made a lot of gains there before Iowa, Sanders's polling is pretty flat in NH *since* Iowa. More consistent with what you'd expect from what is perceived as a 2nd-place finish in Iowa rather than a tie or win.
    Https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...736620544?s=19

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Too bad the media and voters don't care.

Https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...736620544?s=19
    I'm curious if any polling has been conducted on undecided Democrat voters as to which candidates they aren't considering. Could very well be the case that Bernie hit his ceiling among the undecideds.

Again, flat polling with universal name recognition tends to indicate that people know who you are, but still don't like you.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

I know one voter who already regrets their vote for him.

[Snipped video]

When this is the level intellect voting for him, I wouldn’t take him too seriously after Iowa’s results either. Then again, I doubt Iowa will even turn blue in November, so let’s focus on the results from purple states Hillary lost in 2016.
    I don't get why the fuck people care about homosexuality anymore. Like, people are gay, get over it? Gay marriage has been legal since what? 2012? And has any thing bad come of it? No? Have all the straight marriages suddenly collapsed? Imagine being this much of an idiot over the love lives of people who you don't even know, over something that couldn't possibly affect you.

"It's icky, my book tells me its bad!" Get over it.
    Putin khuliyo

Their nominee almost has to be Bernie at this point. If not, it will alienate too large a chunk of the voting bloc for the Dems. I don't know if he can beat Trump but he has the best chance at turnout.

Biden....is just old news at this point. Warren isn't charismatic enough and Pete has issues with the black vote, as mentioned. Who's really left?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Their nominee almost has to be Bernie at this point. If not, it will alienate too large a chunk of the voting bloc for the Dems. I don't know if he can beat Trump but he has the best chance at turnout.
    We're not interested in taking electoral advice from a Republican. Y'all can't win without suppressing votes or weighted electoral structures.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We're not interested in taking electoral advice from a Republican. Y'all can't win without suppressing votes or weighted electoral structures.
    Have yet to vote Republican but do you disagree with my statement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have yet to vote Republican
    Your nose is growing, Pinocchio.

but do you disagree with my statement?
    Yep. Because it's not based on any actual data and is verbatim what is being circulated in right wing media circles as we speak, lol.

Do you honestly think because y'all only watch one news source that we don't keep tabs what you watch or read on Fox/Breitbart/etc.? Christ and Allah, rofl.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have yet to vote Republican but do you disagree with my statement?
    isn't there a poll on here about voting Trump with your name on yes?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Every person running has people at this level of intellect voting for them, it isn't exclusive to one person lol
    Pete's a special case in that we can't seem to establish what the fuck is the appeal in his campaign besides being a political opportunist that isn't a geriatric.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    isn't there a poll on here about voting Trump with your name on yes?
    Have the 2020 elections happened already?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have the 2020 elections happened already?
    yeah. I call BS on someone switching to Trump for 2020 not ever voting for republicans before.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup.

He's a poor man's attempt at a concern troll.
    Oh wow that's actually an entirely different one from the one I was hunting for.

Double lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't it for some people. On one hand, you have Biden and Bernie, who have a litany of apparent issues (hello, heart attack) and on the other, you have an actual young person.
    And because this is the fucked up timeline, the actual young person is primarily appealing to older voters and young people actively dislike him.

Not only that, but rather than a queer-coded straight villain that gets no homo'd, we get a straight-coded queer villain that gets no hetero'd.

If you'd pitched this to me as an idea for a script back in 2009, I would have called the social commentary a little too on the nose.

an actual young person.
    Too young. Younger than most people voting in the election. His total experience being the mayor of a town of 100k is a big step from president too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Too young. Younger than most people voting in the election. His total experience being the mayor of a town of 100k is a big step from president too.
    As opposed to a sedentary obese person in their 80s whose prior political experience before the Presidency was....nothing?

Pete's a shitbag, Trump is worse.

I heard that the DNC is requesting a do-over?? Is this just because Sanders won LOL

Is it just me that always forgets that Klobuchar is even there?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I don't get why the fuck people care about homosexuality anymore. Like, people are gay, get over it? Gay marriage has been legal since what? 2012? And has any thing bad come of it? No? Have all the straight marriages suddenly collapsed? Imagine being this much of an idiot over the love lives of people who you don't even know, over something that couldn't possibly affect you.

"It's icky, my book tells me its bad!" Get over it.
    Sadly the trouble is also that, even when people don't have an issue with a candidate being gay then there's still a lot of bullshit stereotypes that he has to be fighting against. He's young and with a baby-face so that will just add to it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I heard that the DNC is requesting a do-over?? Is this just because Sanders won LOL
    Y'all need to be tied to a chair and buzzed every time you say "DNC" until you get a new thing to complain about.