Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Summer internship. I was planning on just hanging around the area while working, but bumped into her when helping someone out. Ended up seeing her every day that summer and got married a few years later.

I think online dating effectiveness has more to do with being honest with yourself. I see too many young adults twisting themselves in knots to be what they think others want....which means matching will typically fail because that isn't who you are.

In 1989 I got tired of living in my condo next to Mission Bay and decided to buy a house on a large piece of property in East County. She represented me. It started out purely professional. I figured we would go our separate ways after I bought the house. I was wrong. She kept following me around. Looking back, I am not sure what she saw in me.

She was sophisticated. I was young and pretty immature.

She lived in a million-dollar house in La Jolla. My house was only worth 160k.

She drove BMWs. I drove beat up Toyota pickups.

She liked to dine at fancy restaurants. I preferred hole-in-the-wall Asian restaurants.

She wore European name brands. I wore Walmart blue jeans and shirts.

Her idea of exercise was going to expensive sports club. I hated exercising indoor. I preferred diving, hiking, running, biking and climbing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    I was dating his best friend >.>
    Mine's similar, if a bit more fucked up. I was her best friend's side piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I'm 31 and have never been on a date.
    Are you me?

10+ Year Old Account
    House party with some mutual friends then ran into each other again few weeks later at a bar and I asked her on a date. Rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The entire story is weird and not really appropriate for polite company but the short answer is at a party where a mutual friend was doing a suspension. We hadn't known each other prior, but had several mutual friends through the body modification community. Became good friends pretty immediately, and started dating about a year later, married about five years after that, and been ever since.
    For some reason I had the mental image of a couple full of piercings getting tangled up with said piercings to each other...