Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Summary of the preview: The Horde, The Horde, The Horde, The Horde and the The Horde.
    "The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance race to uncover her next move, including her own sister, Alleria. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas’s whereabouts."

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    The audio books and novellas are usually the best bits, since they're free. Blocking huge plotpoints behind paywalls that usually get released with some delay is bad, even if the story ends up being good (like Shadows of the Horde was and BTS and Tides of War most definitely weren't).
    The novellas and audiobooks also tends to be of a, slightly, higher quality. Perhaps not the "Thousand Years War", but the "Tomb of Sargeras" was pretty good

I got talked into reading one of her books a few years back, its not my typical genre so it wasn't really for me. She might be good for writing Sylvanas though, time will tell.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    no alliance stuff?
    "The Dark Lady and her forces now work in the shadows as both the Horde and Alliance race to uncover her next move, including her own sister, Alleria. Struggling to shoulder the crushing weight of leadership, King Anduin entrusts the void elf and High Exarch Turalyon to uncover Sylvanas’s whereabouts."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    no alliance stuff?
    The excerpt seems more involved with Zekhan and the Horde but the novel itself also concerns Turalyon and Alleria's hunt for Sylvanas, which will probably tie them directly into the Zekhan/Talanji/Bwonsamdi plot.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Horde now stands at a crossroads.
    Really? Again?

Well i guess this time the Horde don't have a Warchief to be killed or turned on the villain, maybe this time everyone is the Warchief and gets killed lol

could that book shits on forsakens more than the last one? we will see soon...

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unf, that summary's really going to serve me some inspiration for some fanfics in the future. I need something to give me that kick in the ass to write again. And it's featuring Alleria and Turalyon, so that's probably going to be an instant purchase for me. Good to see Sira is still kicking and Talanji having second thoughts about joining the Horde (and hopefully still holding onto that grudge against the Alliance). Not too big on Zekhan, but if this book develops him into an actual character and not someone spurned into popularity by memes then I'm willing to see where the story takes him.

Are we sure it's coming out in June? Because on Wowhead it says it's slated to release in July.

So basically Horde stuff is all about MUH HONOR and Alliance is MUH PEACE, seems like I won't regret skipping this one

They had one job; hire William King again.

Instead we got someone who does edgy teen and pre-teen novels.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    could that book shits on forsakens more than the last one? we will see soon...
    We'll likely have the Calia stake finally plunged through the race's heart to end it, but past that it's impossible to be worse to the Forsaken than BTS. BTS killed the race.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Summary of the preview: The Horde, The Horde, The Horde, The Horde and the The Horde.
    You realize Before the Storm preview was: The Alliance, The Alliance, The Alliance, The Alliance, and The Alliance, right?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I always get excited for warcraft novels... I actually liked Before the Storm even if it was just a fill in novel, I was happy it existed due to how badly Blizzard can tie together their narratives in game.

We need some more novels or just story media in general. From Warcraft 3 - Cataclysm we had so much story media thrown at us. comics, manga, web stories, novels. Now its dwindled down to one novel per expansion since WoD.

Re-release and write some more Warcraft Legends stories... I loved that series
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-07 at 09:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zekhan?

They better not fuck up my Talanji x Rokhan ship
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Looks more and more likely then that Bwon is going to still be an ally in the dungeon in Shadowlands, since some were a bit concerned.

I guess the dungeon will have to deal with Sylvanas's invading Bwon's private realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Looks more and more likely then that Bwon is going to still be an ally in the dungeon in Shadowlands, since some were a bit concerned.

I guess the dungeon will have to deal with Sylvanas's invading Bwon's private realm.
    I hope the Dungeon doesn't entail rescuing Bwonsamdi.
    He's the damn loa of Death.

Hell, he should kill Nathanos and Sira just by looking at them wrong
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I hope the Dungeon doesn't entail rescuing Bwonsamdi.
    He's the damn loa of Death.

Hell, he should kill Nathanos and Sira just by looking at them wrong
    Jailer: Hey....hey...... Your loa of Death is my bitch.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Zekhan?

They better not fuck up my Talanji x Rokhan ship
    I'd actually like Zekhan/Talanji as a couple. Talanji could then have a new Loa of Fertility; COUGAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Increase booksales just means less story/character development in game. The game itself suffers from the take away.
    Well in that case Warcraft 3, Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and Cataclysm all sucked as those games had so much more tie-in books, comics, manga, and web stories than the game has today, we have been getting onyl one book per expansion these days since WoD lol :P

I would welcome more story media out from the game, because its really hard to tell a story when your character is a mindless mute who takes up 80% of the screen time when you play :P

Our character is good for world building and exploring and learning about the world, we are not a very good story device, we do nothing for the overall plot. The real heroes are those we never see because we gotta go kill 10 bears, and deliver fetch quests instead... riveting :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-02-07 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    New writer. Golden is nowhere to be seen and the excerpt recalls that Talanji has little reason to like the Horde. Memeboi is in it, but he gets to be more than a meme.
    I'm glad Zekhan is living up to his potential as a character, to provide a window into an entire generation of Horde troops who've grown up in a shithole of a world that's constantly teetering on the brink of yet another war. It's also nice the writer remembered that getting involved with the Horde has generally only brought the Zandalari misery.

There's also a promise to what the end of BFA entailed. Given that this:

is in the summary it does look we'll be finding the true meaning of muh honor for the 40th time, but that's unavoidable.

Could be good, could be bad, but I'll probs give it a read.
    Looks worth a read, yeah. Hopefully they don't kill Nathanos off in the book, the players deserve to get that kill in after having to put up with his smug bullshit all expansion long.
    Last edited by Thage; 2020-02-07 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!