Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by modotszilla View Post
    THAT IS THE WHOLE DEFINITION OF PAY TO WIN............... The ability to pay for an advantage when its not needed...... if everyone had to pay then it would not be pay to win it would be simply pay to play.....

Jesus Christ a 3rd grader could figure that out.
    Yeah a 3rd grader could see that but clearly the im speaking to cant process information beyond that level. you dont need any of that gear to complete the content. the wf race isn't something that blizzard sanctions is not a part of the game. its a community event. they're clearing the raid as quickly and as early as possible. 99.9% of the other guilds that complete this content wont have to spend a dime to do so. its disingenuous to say its pay to win when ultimately its a choice that those people are making based on how they're playing the game. you honestly cant be this dense.

Next tier should just reset servers at 10am local time and give EU the 8 hour headstart. rather than make EU being 16 hours behind. would be more fair.
    There is no definition of fairness. Is it somehow less fair that Method was able to watch their streamed progress on already defeated encounters? The whole argument is dumb as shit, which is why Max dislikes having to explain it every time it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There’s obviously levels here. “Two guilds spend a lot of gold on BOEs once per tier” is not the same as “WoW is pay to win”. I agree with you that it’s bad to have gold for tokens and excellent boes, but to me it doesn’t rise to the level of pay to win.

By the way, who are these people loaning them gold? How does that whole market work?
    Alot of the players that do boosts all day. are loaning gold caps in return for like 10% interest. and a few of the people who run the boosting community may have loaned 30+ Mil each.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justflayin View Post
    Yeah a 3rd grader could see that but clearly the im speaking to cant process information beyond that level. you dont need any of that gear to complete the content. the wf race isn't something that blizzard sanctions is not a part of the game. its a community event. they're clearing the raid as quickly and as early as possible. 99.9% of the other guilds that complete this content wont have to spend a dime to do so. its disingenuous to say its pay to win when ultimately its a choice that those people are making based on how they're playing the game. you honestly cant be this dense.
    you might be the most dense person ive ever met on the internet.....

Pay to win LITERALLY means a CHOICE to pay for an ADVANTAGE... That is literally the definition of "pay to win" Your saying that maxing out mom's credit card for a $400 dollar BOE is not pay to win because its not needed is like saying that paying to buy cards on hearthstone gives you no advantage over a person who plays without the cards while spending 6 month farming them losing 10% of games to new cards he doesn't have.
    Last edited by modotszilla; 2020-02-07 at 09:43 PM.

Well clearly the amount of advantage due to resets that Limit had is however long it takes the second guild to kill it minus one hour.

Quote Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
    Well clearly the amount of advantage due to resets that Limit had is however long it takes the second guild to kill it minus one hour.
    A less true statement has never been typed on the internet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of the players that do boosts all day. are loaning gold caps in return for like 10% interest. and a few of the people who run the boosting community may have loaned 30+ Mil each.

- - - Updated - - -

you might be the most dense person ive ever met on the internet.....

Pay to win LITERALLY means a CHOICE to pay for an ADVANTAGE... That is literally the definition of "pay to win" Your saying that maxing out mom's credit card for a $400 dollar BOE is not pay to win because its not needed is like saying that paying to buy cards on hearthstone gives you no advantage over a person who plays without the cards while spending 6 month farming them losing 10% of games to new cards he doesn't have.
    ah yes the repeat the thing you saw someone say to use it against them defense. must be your second day on the internet.

Next tier should just reset servers at 10am local time and give EU the 8 hour headstart. rather than make EU being 16 hours behind. would be more fair.
    Yeah, I'm sure the people who make that decision would love to show up for work at 2am for the patch drop.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    If the past is any indication we won't get Corrupted gear but we might get something "like" it. It's likely that TF is dead so there will be need to be something to keep gear interesting.
    Give the corruption affixes as the forge but only the utility ones so the leech, haste into avoidance etc. So cool bonuses but not log warping no tank will ever touch the ev parses that have been set after the nerfs to through for example especially for blood dk and vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedhillo View Post
    How will Method ever kill the boss with this dps?
    Nah, Max commented on stream that their dps is on par, just execution isn’t quite there yet.

Looking at where Method is now in terms of progression (8.5%) they are on course to kill it tommorow or a today with a really good pull. They were like what 1-2 days late to Nzoth compared to Limit and yes while it may have been bugged and unkillable in week 1 gear its still progression and learning to perfect the early phases of the fight. Just shows you that the race could have been much closer if Method had better excecution on Ra-Den and Ilygynoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Why even bother responding to him? His name and join date are dead giveaways.
    Probably because I didn't pay attention to them at the time lol. I was on a short break and saw his post. Thank you for pointing it out for me.

Let's appreciate the fact that Complexity Limit had quite the influx of Method players this time around.

Naowh as tank. He's also the tank of the Method EU MDI team...
    Trill, Lightee, all Method players.

So it's also a win for Method if you will

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Let's appreciate the fact that Complexity Limit had quite the influx of Method players this time around.

delete your account

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Looking at where Method is now in terms of progression (8.5%) they are on course to kill it tommorow or a today with a really good pull. They were like what 1-2 days late to Nzoth compared to Limit and yes while it may have been bugged and unkillable in week 1 gear its still progression and learning to perfect the early phases of the fight. Just shows you that the race could have been much closer if Method had better excecution on Ra-Den and Ilygynoth.

Imo they were a bit too stubborn on splits, should have done them earlier like limit when they hit a small wall.

But the Xavius experience burned them, so i dont really blame them at all. I even heard many casters state that they refused to leave mythic for splits until they were 100% sure only dps was holding them back from a kill.

Thats all well and good but.... better gear does more than jjst increase dps. Increases healing, survivalability, etc.

Just my personal opinion, could be very offbase.

No it’s an even bigger L. They had the players are didn’t raid them. They let them go play elsewhere and they whooped em for it.

WELL THEY STARTED 16 HOURS LATER SO...

Just kidding. But I don’t think it made much difference. Limit was better. Honestly this was the most satisfying win since Paragon rocked ICC over favorite Ensidia. Everyone loves an underdog who comes in and just comes of age going ham on the place.
    Eh im not sure you can call them an underdog to be honest. They were really competitive in all big raid tiers in BFA and should have won on Ghuun if not for the bad call to extend the raid. Also even the best guild's can't win every raid tier. Sometimes your strat or execution is just not that good or your making silly mistakes which in turn leads to another guild taking WF. We already had this in BFA for Method when they got U'nat to 2% and then couldnt kill him for 2 days because of stupid mistakes giving Pieces the WF. As said before this makes the lead into the first raid of Shadowlands much more exciting.

WELL THEY STARTED 16 HOURS LATER SO...

Just kidding. But I don’t think it made much difference. Limit was better. Honestly this was the most satisfying win since Paragon rocked ICC over favorite Ensidia. Everyone loves an underdog who comes in and just comes of age going ham on the place.
    Most definitely! Super satisfying to see Limit get this one. I was super excited for them.

I feel a lot of guild are progressing fast. Do someone have some kind of statistic to compare with other raid tiers to see how far op 10 / 50 / 100 guilds were in the tier in Eternal palace at the same moment in time for example ?

Egg, that would only be relevant if any of those guys had actually raided with Method in a previous WF race, and even then it would feel like grasping at straws. I find it hard to imagine that many people, least of all Method themselves, would consider this a win for Method. A few of the Limit raiders happen to be part of the Method organisation, that's about as far as it goes.

I see your point, but honestly, Limit just pwned everyone, including Method. Nevertheless the link between the guilds promises better competition for Shadowlands, which is a win for everyone.

But none are or were Method raiders, so Naowh a mainly m+ guy blew the fuck out of the main blood dk method tank Nnogga, that must be embarrassing.