I am become Bait, the destroyed of Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post

I wonder if those players will now make a permanent shift to Limit now that they are a legit e-sport organization. From what I understand, Shakib and Darkee (and JdotB) are based in NA. I can imagine they signed up with Method because they were the only game in town in the past.
    I really hope you're trolling.
    You're dense if you don't think this is possible. Limit, backed by Complexity's funding, is now a business org. There's money involved. How long do you think either team will be ok with their members competing directly against them?

There's no doubt that Limit will have their own official MDI team soon. Those 4 guys will have to make a choice. Geography could be the deciding factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    Eh im not sure you can call them an underdog to be honest. They were really competitive in all big raid tiers in BFA and should have won on Ghuun if not for the bad call to extend the raid. Also even the best guild's can't win every raid tier. Sometimes your strat or execution is just not that good or your making silly mistakes which in turn leads to another guild taking WF. We already had this in BFA for Method when they got U'nat to 2% and then couldnt kill him for 2 days because of stupid mistakes giving Pieces the WF. As said before this makes the lead into the first raid of Shadowlands much more exciting.
    Imo, Azshara was much closer than a lot of people would like to admit. Method's kill looked cleaner but they were doing a P4 burn with two healers vs Limit's gamble with 3 heals. The big issue was the tuning of the transition adds and when Blizz knocked the enrage down to two minutes from three, Method's strat gave them the competitive edge they needed to take the lead. Had Blizzard not changed the encounter we may have ended up with a different outcome for that race. (Also, please note that I'm not implying Blizzard rigged the race for Method just that a change they made tuned the encounter in their favor.) By the time it was implemented, Limit had already hard committed to their 3 heal strat so it wasn't possible for them to copy Method.

Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    You're dense if you don't think this is possible. Limit, backed by Complexity's funding, is now a business org. There's money involved. How long do you think either team will be ok with their members competing directly against them?

There's no doubt that Limit will have their own official MDI team soon. Those 4 guys will have to make a choice. Geography could be the deciding factor.
    who pays more will be. and if complexity is anything like the first time around they are cheap and will bail if they don't see good returns. (IE PVP word champs back in the day when Compexity orange and compexity black were 2 of the top 3 teams in the world only for the ORG to drop wow completely. So hopefully they don't do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post

None of the players you mentioned are on Method's payroll unless you're dense enough to believe anybody who gets a Method sponsorship is paid.

Quote Originally Posted by kek280 View Post
    But none are or were Method raiders, so Naowh a mainly m+ guy blew the fuck out of the main blood dk method tank Nnogga, that must be embarrassing.
    What? Naowh raided with Method on Uldir and got world first. He only did one world first race with Method however. Then he played with Limit for BoD. And Nnogga has never been the "main blood dk", he plays tank whenever a third tank is needed. Sco and Juswait are the dedicated Method main tanks for a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Egg, that would only be relevant if any of those guys had actually raided with Method in a previous WF race, and even then it would feel like grasping at straws. .
    See above.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-07 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Let's appreciate the fact that Complexity Limit had quite the influx of Method players this time around.

Naowh as tank. He's also the tank of the Method EU MDI team...
    Trill, Lightee, all Method players.

So it's also a win for Method if you will
    That would be because of the time honored tradition of Method simply buying all the competition. Its a lot easier to win the Blizzcon Arena Championship when you buy half the teams after they qualify.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyAmazonianHawkDansGame

5 hour extended maintenance + 13 hours of worth buggy encounters adds up, so all in all EU had actually ~1-2 hour advantage compared to NA during whole race.

None of the players you mentioned are on Method's payroll unless you're dense enough to believe anybody who gets a Method sponsorship is paid.
    Zero chance in a Jerry Jones organization that you get to play for them, and compete against them, at the same time. That's just dumb business.

How many good raiders did Method bench? I heard Viklund got benched because of "bad attitude". Not sure if that bad attitude was because he couldn't be arsed to farm AP all day since the patch or actual bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    How many good raiders did Method bench? I heard Viklund got benched because of "bad attitude". Not sure if that bad attitude was because he couldn't be arsed to farm AP all day since the patch or actual bad attitude.
    IIRC he was benched because he was barely playing alts, putting the team at a disadvantage during split raids. His alts didn't have a good enough ilvl to trade items to the mains.
    And SP is subpar right now. Even if Method needed SPs for Nyalotha, Kuri and Voci are more reliable and committed.

According to Cayna, Viklund was also the biggest parse whore on Method. And Viklund admitted himself he had a shit attitude during EP progress.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-02-07 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    What? Naowh raided with Method on Uldir and got world first. He only did one world first race with Method however. Then he played with Limit for BoD. And Nnogga has never been the "main blood dk", he plays tank whenever a third tank is needed. Sco and Juswait are the dedicated Method main tanks for a decade now.

See above.
    I stand corrected, but I also stand by my grasping at straws comment.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    I stand corrected, but I also stand by my grasping at straws comment.
    Oh, it's definitely grasping at straws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyAmazonianHawkDansGame

5 hour extended maintenance + 13 hours of worth buggy encounters adds up, so all in all EU had actually ~1-2 hour advantage compared to NA during whole race.
    Also not to add onto the fire: Method's had CLEAR over 24 hours to get the kill, they also started with a 16 hour disadvantage - so now that it's been clear over 24 hours - the only team left would be ALPHA, if they get the kill in another day I think they technically would be world first - otherwise.. Limit takes the win this one PLAIN and simple

Overall: I really did want Limit to win, but I was still rooting on Method, I love method and I really think they have amazing people amazing apps etc - I hope they secure that kill TODAY and can be done as well

Please show us their contracts since it seems like you have access to them to make such statements.

Method stream doesn't even update pull count 20% of the time. They really trying to beat limits count. Lol

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake News View Post
    Method stream doesn't even update pull count 20% of the time. They really trying to beat limits count. Lol
    Pull count means nothing, I could be pulling once a week and I'll probably have less pulls because of my gear eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Please show us their contracts since it seems like you have access to them to make such statements.
    It's pointless to defend this since neither you nor I will ever know. If they are getting paid by the org it's likely not enough to live on and it's mostly just exposure for the Method brand.

Let me re-phrase the argument a bit: Would you guys count a WF with all Korean raiders as a win for NA or KR if they did it on NA realms? Because Method claiming ownership of certain members in Limit is about as fucking stupid as that argument. It was an obviously sarcastic tweet meant in jest and you guys are straight PepeClowning the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Max's thoughts on the "16 hour head start": https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyAmazonianHawkDansGame

:-)

edit: Prior to this he mentioned that 5 hours of the head start were evaporated by maintenance, then they encountered at least 11 hours worth of buggy bullshit. (All of which is verifiable by watching the WF stream.)
    Imagine starting to walk a Marathon 16 hours earlier than anyone else and then argument like: Well, the street was shit - you should be thankful that I started early!

This is some next-level trolling. EU at 5 am rather watches Limits stream than to sleep. I'm quite sure that happened.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Imagine starting to walk a Marathon 16 hours earlier than anyone else and then argument like: Well, the street was shit - you should be thankful that I started early!

This is some next-level trolling. EU at 5 am rather watches Limits stream than to sleep. I'm quite sure that happened.
    Well the head start is basically nulled at this point considering nobody EU cleared the raid. But that 16 hours is probably only valid if the raid were to end day 1 or maybe on reset day especially since the top contenders are streaming. Id agree method definitely watched limit's strats. Limit seemed to put their foot on the throttle once they got re-clear gear.. Method seemed to just idle along
    "We Choose Truth over Facts" - Joe Biden
    "You're too old to vote for me" - Joe Biden

We need to completely demolish MAGAFT